    solution on the Toshiba site either.

    --
    =========

    frankg, Sep 26, 2005

  2. frankg

    Joe Guest

    how old is the laptop?
    sounds like your LCD might be bad.

    f> laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always
    f> there!It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean
    f> edges, a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as
    f> the Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    f> The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays!
    f> Any ideas?
    f> I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various Symantec
    f> diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked the Device
    f> Manager for the video card. All say that everything is working properly!
    f> If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post
    f> for a solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I
    f> can't find a solution on the Toshiba site either.

    With best regards, Joe. E-mail:

    Joe, Sep 26, 2005

  3. I agree with the other posters that it is probably a bad LCD. But if you
    want to be sure it isn't the video card, you could plug a monitor into the
    laptop and see if the stripe is there. Yes = video card, No = LCD.

    --Carlos

    "frankg" <> wrote in message
    > laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always there!
    > It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean edges,
    > a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as the
    > Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    > The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays!

    Any

    CarlosAntenna, Sep 27, 2005
  4. frankg

    frankg Guest