    solution on the Toshiba site either.

    --
    =========
    frankg, Sep 26, 2005

  2. frankg

    WormWood Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message
    news:DhRZe.1467$...
    > laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always
    > there!
    > It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean
    > edges, a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it
    > as the Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    > The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply
    > stays! Any ideas?
    > I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various
    > Symantec diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked
    > the Device Manager for the video card. All say that everything is
    > working properly!
    > If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post
    > for a solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I
    > can't find a solution on the Toshiba site either.

    Is the line part of the background or wallpaper and is it 'always on
    top'? Try changing these two around in Display Properties.
    WormWood, Sep 26, 2005

  3. frankg

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-26, frankg <> wrote:
    > laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always there!
    > It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean edges,
    > a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as the
    > Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    > The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays! Any
    > ideas?
    > I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various Symantec
    > diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked the Device
    > Manager for the video card. All say that everything is working properly!
    > If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post for a
    > solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I can't find a
    > solution on the Toshiba site either.

    If this stripe is 'hiding' what should be displayed, then I would suspect a
    problem with the wiring that controls the screen. LCDs are easily damaged.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Sep 26, 2005
  4. frankg

    Cub Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message
    > laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always there!
    > It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean edges,
    > a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as the
    > Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    > The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays!
    > Any ideas?
    > I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various Symantec
    > diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked the Device
    > Manager for the video card. All say that everything is working properly!
    > If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post for
    > a solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I can't find
    > a solution on the Toshiba site either.
    >
    > --
    > =========

    TFT screen or Cable to same. its going to be expensive
    Cub, Sep 26, 2005
  5. frankg

    frankg Guest

    "Cub" <> wrote in message

    > "frankg" <> wrote in message
    >> laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always there!
    >> It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean edges,
    >> a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as the
    >> Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    >> The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays!
    >> Any ideas?
    >> I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various Symantec
    >> diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked the Device
    >> Manager for the video card. All say that everything is working properly!
    >> If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post for
    >> a solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I can't
    >> find a solution on the Toshiba site either.
    >>
    >> --
    >> =========
    >>

    > TFT screen or Cable to same. its going to be expensive

    ===============

    what's TFT?
    frankg, Sep 27, 2005
  6. frankg

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:01:33 -0400, "frankg" <> wrote:

    >"Cub" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "frankg" <> wrote in message
    >>> laptop developed a Blue vertical line on the screen that is always there!
    >>> It is about 1 1/2 inches wide, and a fairly solid blue. Nice clean edges,
    >>> a streak that appears from the moment I boot up. So, I see it as the
    >>> Windows logo appears, and it stays all the time!
    >>> The computer works perfectly, but this solid blue vertical simply stays!
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>> I have run all the diagnostics bundled with it, all the various Symantec
    >>> diagnostics that are a part of Norton System works, checked the Device
    >>> Manager for the video card. All say that everything is working properly!
    >>> If you have an idea, let me know. If not, any advice of where to post for
    >>> a solution? It's a Toshiba Satellite A70 (PSA70C-ML100E), and I can't
    >>> find a solution on the Toshiba site either.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> =========
    >>>

    >> TFT screen or Cable to same. its going to be expensive

    >what's TFT?

    Stands for "Thin-Film Transistor."
    Unk, Sep 27, 2005
  7. frankg

    frankg Guest

    thanks all for responding - it's going to the shop

    frankg, Sep 27, 2005