    Graduation filters make the sky more interesting, polarizer's make it more
    interesting, but is there a filter which is designed just for making skies
    bluer?
    Russell, May 30, 2005

  2. Russell

    Sheldon Guest

    "Russell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What is required to get a blue sky when it is not great (excluding post
    > processing)?
    >
    > Graduation filters make the sky more interesting, polarizer's make it more
    > interesting, but is there a filter which is designed just for making skies
    > bluer?

    Move to a higher elevation?

    Seriously, I would think that if you just make the sky more blue you will
    have to do it in something like Photoshop. I don't know how to do it, but I
    know people who can actually replace the sky in just about any scene to make
    it more interesting.

    They also make filters that only cover half the filter to effect the ground
    or the sky only, but I still think you should be thinking post processing.
    Sheldon, May 30, 2005

  3. Russell

    JohnR66 Guest

    A UV filter may help cut through the haze a bit. Underexposing will help as
    long as the forground/subject don't go too dark.
    John

    JohnR66, May 30, 2005
  4. Russell

    jojo Guest

    A Singh-Ray Color Enhancing Filter
    (http://www.singh-ray.com/colorintens.html) will do the trick, but they
    are very expensive (like $150). If you are shooting digitally, it's
    really easy to intensify saturation in Photoshop.

    jo
    jojo, May 30, 2005
  5. Russell

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Russell wrote:

    > What is required to get a blue sky when it is not great (excluding
    > post processing)?
    >
    > Graduation filters make the sky more interesting, polarizer's make
    > it more interesting, but is there a filter which is designed just
    > for making skies bluer?

    I don't know if you can get anything now but there used to be
    graduated filters(for black and white) the dark part of the filter
    was at the top of the image and the light area at the bottom) I used
    to have a pale yellow ( for a miranda d with a f2.8 50mm lens) but
    have seen green, orange and red as well.
    This gives my age away as that was the early sixties.
    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply
    Neil Ellwood, May 30, 2005
  6. Russell

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Russell <> wrote:

    > What is required to get a blue sky when it is not great (excluding post
    > processing)?
    >
    > Graduation filters make the sky more interesting, polarizer's make it more
    > interesting, but is there a filter which is designed just for making skies
    > bluer?

    If it's overcast, you're not going to get a blue sky.
    Paul Mitchum, May 31, 2005