    new PC the problem?

    Thanks.
    Tom

    Tom from WI, Dec 19, 2009

  2. From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I
    would suspect you system. Some of the possibilities are BIOS, hardware
    driver, some other installed software, or even some sort of Malware.

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 19, 2009

  3. Tom from WI

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    Usually the BSOD has (some) info on what caused it.
    Try to capture that message and post back.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 19, 2009
  4. Tom from WI

    Bob AZ Guest

    > Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my
    > new PC the problem?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Tom

    Tom

    Is the driver 64 bit?

    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Dec 19, 2009
  5. Tom from WI

    John Barnes Guest

    If you haven't set your system to not automatically restart, do so. Then,
    as Carlos suggested, post back with the code and message.

    John Barnes, Dec 20, 2009
  6. Tom from WI

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Tom.

    As we learn early in our computing careers, a simple reboot cures many
    computer glitches. So Win7 - like other Windows before it - defaults to
    "Automatically restart" whenever there is a "System failure". Trouble is,
    when the glitch is one that a reboot doesn't cure, we are left with no clue
    as to what the actual problem is - or how to fix it.

    It's very easy to change the default - AFTER a lot of mouse-clicks: Start |
    Control Panel | System | Advanced System Settings (you'll need Administrator
    credentials to get past here) | Advanced | Startup and Recovery / Settings.
    Once here, just remove the check from the Automatically restart line and OK
    your way back to the desktop.

    Next time the BSOD appears, your computer will halt until you press the
    hardware Reset button. This will give you all the time you need to study
    what the message is trying to tell you. Much of it is gibberish to most of
    us, but it means a lot to many of the gurus here; they can read that and
    point you in the right direction.

    Much of the blue-screen text is "boilerplate" that doesn't really apply to
    the current problem. But there should be something like: STOP CODE:
    0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. That long hexadecimal number (and
    often 4 more hex numbers) and any other information from there to the bottom
    of the page will be very significant. Please copy all that VERBATIM into
    your next post and somebody here (not ME!) should be able to interpret it
    for you.

    It probably is not just a "newness" problem; many of us have been running
    Win7 x64 for over a year, and x64 systems for over 5 years, so something in
    your computer is causing your BSODs.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 21, 2009
  7. Tom from WI

    Tom from WI Guest

    OK, I have removed the automatic restart. We'll see what happens on my next
    BSOD.

    Thanks for your help.
    Tom

    Tom from WI, Dec 22, 2009