Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joshuall, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. Joshuall

    Joshuall Guest

    We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    card. Sound is now working great.

    If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    beyond us, but it says :

    Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.

    There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did
    that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this
    problem before.

    As usual thanks for any help.

    Judy
    Joshuall, Aug 14, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joshuall

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:

    > We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    > having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    > card. Sound is now working great.
    >
    > If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    > screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    > to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    > beyond us, but it says :
    >
    > Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    > Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >
    > There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did
    > that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    > or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this
    > problem before.
    >
    > As usual thanks for any help.
    >
    > Judy


    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740
    Meat Plow, Aug 14, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Joshuall

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:
    >
    >> We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    >> having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    >> card. Sound is now working great.
    >>
    >> If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    >> screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    >> to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    >> beyond us, but it says :
    >>
    >> Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    >> Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >>
    >> There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did
    >> that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    >> or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this
    >> problem before.
    >>
    >> As usual thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Judy

    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740


    Oooops, this is for Winderz 2K not XP.

    Go to google.com and search on "Emupia2k.sys"
    There were some hits for XP and Dell.
    Meat Plow, Aug 14, 2007
    #3
  4. Joshuall

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-14, Joshuall <> wrote:
    > We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    > having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    > card. Sound is now working great.
    >
    > If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    > screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    > to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    > beyond us, but it says :
    >
    > Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    > Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >
    > There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did
    > that when I typed that.


    <what hypertext?> Oh, there's an @ in there and you're using Outlook
    Express which probably got fooled into highlighting part of that line
    thinking it might be an email address or something. That's what you get
    with Microsoft - lots of bad guesswork going on.

    > In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    > or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this
    > problem before.
    >
    > As usual thanks for any help.
    >
    > Judy


    Perhaps the problem you were having a week or so ago wasn't actually
    "sound" at all, but something else entirely, and fitting new hardware
    masked the real problem for a while, but now the real problem is getting
    worse.

    Stop guessing; get a hardware person to look at your machine. (You have
    got everything safely backed up, haven't you?).

    Presumably you have found <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740> and
    decided that that doesn't apply to you ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
    Whiskers, Aug 14, 2007
    #4
  5. Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:
    >>
    >>> We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we
    >>> were having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media
    >>> Source Sound card. Sound is now working great.
    >>>
    >>> If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a
    >>> blue screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has
    >>> been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The error
    >>> message we are getting is way beyond us, but it says :
    >>>
    >>> Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    >>> Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.

    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740

    >
    > Oooops, this is for Winderz 2K not XP.
    >
    > Go to google.com and search on "Emupia2k.sys"
    > There were some hits for XP and Dell.


    The Microsoft KB appears to be for XP as well.

    SYMPTOMS
    On a computer that has a Creative Technology Audigy sound card
    installed, you may receive the following error message on a blue screen
    after you upgrade the computer from Microsoft Windows 2000 to Windows
    XP:

    (and)

    APPLIES TO
    ¡E Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    ¡E Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition

    --
    -bts
    -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 14, 2007
    #5
  6. Joshuall

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:41:09 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we
    >>>> were having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media
    >>>> Source Sound card. Sound is now working great.
    >>>>
    >>>> If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a
    >>>> blue screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has
    >>>> been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The error
    >>>> message we are getting is way beyond us, but it says :
    >>>>
    >>>> Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    >>>> Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740

    >>
    >> Oooops, this is for Winderz 2K not XP.
    >>
    >> Go to google.com and search on "Emupia2k.sys"
    >> There were some hits for XP and Dell.

    >
    > The Microsoft KB appears to be for XP as well.
    >
    > SYMPTOMS
    > On a computer that has a Creative Technology Audigy sound card
    > installed, you may receive the following error message on a blue screen
    > after you upgrade the computer from Microsoft Windows 2000 to Windows
    > XP:
    >
    > (and)
    >
    > APPLIES TO
    > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    > Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition



    Well good then, my reply wasn't totally worthless :)
    Meat Plow, Aug 14, 2007
    #6
  7. Joshuall

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:

    >We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    >having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    >card. Sound is now working great.
    >
    >If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    >screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    >to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    >beyond us, but it says :
    >
    >Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000


    Did you miss the line of TEXT IN CAPS , which is part of the error
    message?

    >Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >
    >There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did


    Not hypertext it's a memory address.

    >that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    >or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this


    Remove the card (easy) and drivers (hopefully an uninstall removes all
    the bits :) ).

    >problem before.


    Check the event log, if the entries for the error only happen after the
    time you installed the sound card it's a clue.

    >As usual thanks for any help.


    www.google.com

    X-FI Extreme Music Stop error 0x1000008E emupia2k.sys UPDATE ...
    Re: X-FI Extreme Music Stop error 0x0000008E emupia2k.sys. ciminerav
    Visitor. Just a quick correction the stop error is actually 0x0000008e
    not 0x1000008e. ...
    http://forums.creative.com/.../board/print?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=72546&page=1&format=page

    URL above trashed by Google preview, try
    http://forums.creative.com/

    - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from forums.creative.com ]
    intermittent STOP 0x0000008E error [DUMP DATA] -



    >Judy
    >


    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 34 English pages for
    Stop: 0x0000008E Emupia2k.sys creative
    .. (0.24 seconds)

    Try checking some of those results, 34 is a nice small number instead of
    the 1000's of matches that usually happens.

    Me
    why?, Aug 14, 2007
    #7
  8. Joshuall

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:59:58 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    >On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:41:09 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we
    >>>>> were having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media
    >>>>> Source Sound card. Sound is now working great.
    >>>>>

    <snip>
    >>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740
    >>>
    >>> Oooops, this is for Winderz 2K not XP.
    >>>
    >>> Go to google.com and search on "Emupia2k.sys"
    >>> There were some hits for XP and Dell.

    >>
    >> The Microsoft KB appears to be for XP as well.


    <snip>

    >> APPLIES TO
    >> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    >> Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition

    >
    >
    >Well good then, my reply wasn't totally worthless :)


    Usually the articles still apply, same driver name / error message. It's
    not a too difficult leap to see 2000/XP are a lot alike. Sometimes there
    is even a link in the article to the version for the other OS.

    Me
    why?, Aug 14, 2007
    #8
  9. Joshuall

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:08:52 +0000, why? wrote:

    >
    > On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:59:58 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:41:09 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:24:33 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we
    >>>>>> were having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media
    >>>>>> Source Sound card. Sound is now working great.
    >>>>>>

    > <snip>
    >>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310740
    >>>>
    >>>> Oooops, this is for Winderz 2K not XP.
    >>>>
    >>>> Go to google.com and search on "Emupia2k.sys"
    >>>> There were some hits for XP and Dell.
    >>>
    >>> The Microsoft KB appears to be for XP as well.

    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>> APPLIES TO
    >>> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    >>> Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition

    >>
    >>
    >>Well good then, my reply wasn't totally worthless :)

    >
    > Usually the articles still apply, same driver name / error message. It's
    > not a too difficult leap to see 2000/XP are a lot alike. Sometimes there
    > is even a link in the article to the version for the other OS.
    >


    Yeh I've seen this many times and I shudda went back to the MS KB and read
    where it did apply to XP.
    Meat Plow, Aug 14, 2007
    #9
  10. Joshuall

    ded Guest

    "Joshuall" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    > having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source
    > Sound card. Sound is now working great.
    >
    > If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    > screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut
    > down to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting
    > is way beyond us, but it says :
    >
    > Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    > Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >
    > There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it
    > did that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and
    > whether or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd
    > not had this problem before.
    >
    > As usual thanks for any help.
    >
    > Judy
    >
    >


    As you can see from the other replies and links to the KB, it's probably
    just an issue that the drivers supplied with the soundcard were buggy.
    The KB article clearly lays responsibilty with Creative and they have
    indeed made available updated drivers to correct the situation.

    This is Creatives download site. Identify your exact soundcard model
    and download and *save* to a folder the latest drivers/software.
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

    Follow these instructions to UNinstall the current Creative drivers etc.
    http://tinyurl.com/35lckp

    Reboot

    Upon reboot the "found new hardware" wizard will detect your soundcard,
    You have the instructions for installing your card, the only difference now
    is that you *Deselect* the option:"Automatically find drivers (Recommended)"
    and select: "I will manually select drivers", Then Click "Next" button
    Click "Browse" button, Locate the downloaded folder
    This will install the updated drivers
    ded, Aug 14, 2007
    #10
  11. Joshuall

    Ron Martell Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:


    >
    >Usually the articles still apply, same driver name / error message. It's
    >not a too difficult leap to see 2000/XP are a lot alike. Sometimes there
    >is even a link in the article to the version for the other OS.
    >
    >Me


    Internally Windows 2000 is Windows NT version 5.0 and Windows XP is
    Windows NT version 5.1 so it is not inappropriate to refer to Windows
    XP as "Windows 2000 Second Edition".

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    "Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference
    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Aug 14, 2007
    #11
  12. Joshuall

    Joshuall Guest

    As usual thanks to all you guys/gals for help.


    Judy
    Joshuall, Aug 14, 2007
    #12
  13. Joshuall

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:51:17 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >>Usually the articles still apply, same driver name / error message. It's
    >>not a too difficult leap to see 2000/XP are a lot alike. Sometimes there
    >>is even a link in the article to the version for the other OS.
    >>
    >>Me

    >
    >Internally Windows 2000 is Windows NT version 5.0 and Windows XP is
    >Windows NT version 5.1 so it is not inappropriate to refer to Windows
    >XP as "Windows 2000 Second Edition".


    LOL.

    That's sort of like the 1st OEM versions of DOS 6 I had, IIRC ver
    reported 6.00 but the internal file versions were 5.00. Caused some
    compatabilty issues at the time.

    Maybe something to dig out for running a virtual PC :)

    >Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada


    Me
    why?, Aug 14, 2007
    #13
  14. Joshuall

    nobody > Guest

    Ron Martell wrote:
    > why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >
    >
    >> Usually the articles still apply, same driver name / error message. It's
    >> not a too difficult leap to see 2000/XP are a lot alike. Sometimes there
    >> is even a link in the article to the version for the other OS.
    >>
    >> Me

    >
    > Internally Windows 2000 is Windows NT version 5.0 and Windows XP is
    > Windows NT version 5.1 so it is not inappropriate to refer to Windows
    > XP as "Windows 2000 Second Edition".
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada


    Speaking of "Second Edition", weren't you in the Memphis and/or SE tech
    betas? Your name jumped out at me for some reason on a previous post.
    nobody >, Aug 17, 2007
    #14
  15. Joshuall

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Aug 17, 2007
    #15
  16. Joshuall

    Ron Martell Guest

    "nobody >" <> wrote:


    >
    >Speaking of "Second Edition", weren't you in the Memphis and/or SE tech
    >betas? Your name jumped out at me for some reason on a previous post.


    Yes I was on both.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    "Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference
    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Aug 17, 2007
    #16
  17. Joshuall

    nobody > Guest

    Ron Martell wrote:
    > "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >> Speaking of "Second Edition", weren't you in the Memphis and/or SE tech
    >> betas? Your name jumped out at me for some reason on a previous post.

    >
    > Yes I was on both.


    <AOL> Me Too! <AOL>

    It was just one of those things... I found my Memphis tshirt from back
    then and then a week later I "take note" of your name. I've been reading
    your posts before, just didn't connect the two.

    FWIW, I'm still maintaining laptops with 98SE. We need DOS for some
    ancient Motorola radio service software at work, there's no other easy
    answer.
    nobody >, Aug 18, 2007
    #17
  18. Joshuall

    Ron Martell Guest

    "nobody >" <> wrote:

    >It was just one of those things... I found my Memphis tshirt from back
    >then and then a week later I "take note" of your name. I've been reading
    >your posts before, just didn't connect the two.
    >
    >FWIW, I'm still maintaining laptops with 98SE. We need DOS for some
    >ancient Motorola radio service software at work, there's no other easy
    >answer.


    I actually have 2 clients still running MS-DOS 6.22 for their
    businesses. One is a small store in a local mall that uses an old
    DOS version of Business Vision Accounting for point-of-sale, the other
    is a video rental store that has a specialized package for their
    business that is DOS based. They have 3 computers networked using
    Lanastic networking.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    "Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference
    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Aug 18, 2007
    #18
  19. Joshuall

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:00:31 +0000, Ron Martell wrote:

    > "nobody >" <> wrote:
    >
    >>It was just one of those things... I found my Memphis tshirt from back
    >>then and then a week later I "take note" of your name. I've been reading
    >>your posts before, just didn't connect the two.
    >>
    >>FWIW, I'm still maintaining laptops with 98SE. We need DOS for some
    >>ancient Motorola radio service software at work, there's no other easy
    >>answer.

    >
    > I actually have 2 clients still running MS-DOS 6.22 for their
    > businesses. One is a small store in a local mall that uses an old
    > DOS version of Business Vision Accounting for point-of-sale, the other
    > is a video rental store that has a specialized package for their
    > business that is DOS based. They have 3 computers networked using
    > Lanastic networking.


    I own a Compaq 300 Prosignia server that has 16 megs of built in ram and
    a 4.3 gig Barracuda SCSI that runs DOS 6.22 and IBM PDS. Backed up by an
    external SCSI drive that I hacked an enclosure out of an old HP tape drive
    for :)

    That box and the external drive have been running continuously for a
    couple years now. I grabbed it out of a dumpster back in 1999. We used to
    run payroll on it and and before it an old 486.
    Meat Plow, Aug 18, 2007
    #19
  20. On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:06:50 -0500, Joshuall wrote:

    > We have a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Pro. A week ago or so we were
    > having sound problems. We wound up installing a Creative Media Source Sound
    > card. Sound is now working great.
    >
    > If I leave the computer on over night we are occasionally finding a blue
    > screen in the morning that says problem detected, windows has been shut down
    > to prevent damage to your computer. The error message we are getting is way
    > beyond us, but it says :
    >
    > Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xFIE91742,0xEFC7AB54,0x0000000000
    > Emupia2k.sys Adress FIE91742base@FIE84009 Datestamp43659d9.
    >
    > There is no hypertext like is represented above though. Not sure why it did
    > that when I typed that. In any event, we don't know what to do and whether
    > or not this is related to the new sound card we installed. We'd not had this
    > problem before.
    >
    > As usual thanks for any help.
    >
    > Judy


    In my experience, if I let the harddrives spin down to "sleep" or
    "hybernate", at times they do not want to spin back up. YMMV.
    Ophelia Cummins, Aug 19, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?TXVuZ3Vz?=

    Blue Screen and unknown error

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVuZ3Vz?=, Dec 17, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    2,416
    Coolfox
    Dec 22, 2004
  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlZW5leQ==?=

    2003 sp1 blue screen srv.sys

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlZW5leQ==?=, Apr 21, 2005, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,895
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlZW5leQ==?=
    Apr 21, 2005
  3. Angus McBagpipe

    Re: A Blue Screen of Death Question.

    Angus McBagpipe, Jun 21, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,743
    Angus McBagpipe
    Jun 21, 2003
  4. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    997
    DVD Verdict
    Mar 18, 2005
  5. Kyle :o\)

    Blue Frog / Blue Security?

    Kyle :o\), Apr 8, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,210
    Whiskers
    Apr 26, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page