    I cant seem to find it.I am running XP pro,on a 1.8ghz duron processor,2X256
    mb ddram.This is the only problem that I have with the pc.Anyone got any
    ideas..Thanks in advance..Steve..

    steve harrington, Jun 27, 2004

  2. steve harrington

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:22:34 +0200, steve harrington wrote:

    >My pc has started to shut down by itself.This seems to happen when clicking
    >with the mouse on icons or emails.I have run several scans for viruses,and
    >spyware without result..I get a blue screen which is visible for a very
    >short time,literally one or two seconds.Then the pc shuts down and
    >reboots.All I can make out from the screen are a few lines of text."Physical
    >memory dump"."something about switch off in the BIOS.Get in touch with your

    Change the Restart / Recover options (IIRC it's called that in XP) not
    to auto reboot this gives stops at the BSOD messages.

    10 seconds at www.google.com
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307973&sd=tech

    Also see the event log - system, a short form of the BSOD msg / codes
    are recorded there.

    Me

    why?, Jun 27, 2004

  3. steve harrington

    Plato Guest

    steve harrington wrote:

    > My pc has started to shut down by itself.This seems to happen when clicking
    > with the mouse on icons or emails.I have run several scans for viruses,and
    > spyware without result..I get a blue screen which is visible for a very

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/089.htm#6

    Read the reply in above, it will tell you how to freeze that screen so
    you can read the exact error message.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 28, 2004