    sorry for the long explanation
    and thanks everyone
    Maz
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF6?=, Nov 15, 2007

  2. Maz,
    Here's some MS stuff about your issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929777/en-us
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 15, 2007

  3. thanks carlos , that was helpfull once again from you .
    but how can i apply that file they talking about before i install windows !!
    ?? cause the problem is happening while installing the windows vista , so how
    can i prevent that from happening ? cause i didnt understand their
    explanation that wel , so probably u can help buddy :) my question again is
    how can i prevent that from happening while installing windows ?
    Thanks carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF6?=, Nov 15, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWF6?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Maz.

    I'm not Carlos, but did you read the second line under "Workaround" of that
    KB article 929777?

    "Remove 2 GB of RAM, and then restart the installation process. After
    Windows Vista is installed, reinstall the RAM."

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Nov 15, 2007
  5. Hi R.C.

    Yeah i know that , and that's what i did originally so i can install vista
    64bit , but what i meant is , is there anyway to fix the bug without having
    to take the 2 GB of ram ?!?!?!?

    that's what i meant
    Thanks anyway R.C

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF6?=, Nov 15, 2007
  6. Hi Maz,
    I referred you to the MS KB on account of the workaround, which you seem to
    have understood and applied.
    I have not yet figured out the use of the hotfixes mentioned there (still
    runnin' on 2 gigs of mem down here).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 15, 2007
  7. You'd have to build a streamlined Vista install image that included the
    updated files. More pain than most would want to deal with, but well worth
    it if you're deploying to many workstations. The new Windows Deployment
    Services makes it somewhat easier to create a custom WIM image and deploy
    it. But for a single install? Pull the RAM, install, shutdown, re-insert the
    RAM, and continue on about your business.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 15, 2007