    Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.

    any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    zzzzzombie, Jan 12, 2008

  2. "zzzzzombie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > while rebooting my window xp, the blue screen show up indicating - "STOP:
    > C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dlll is possibly corrupt.
    > The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".
    >
    > I can not get past the blue screen. I have tried to start in safe mode,
    > safe mode with command prompt. I have also tried Last Know good
    > Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.

    Your last option (not that this is the correct forum to be asking/answering
    this question),
    is to boot from the Windows XP installation media, execute a "Repair
    Installation",
    and then reapply Service Pack 2 and the required updates.

    The SHDOCVW.DLL is a core component of the engine that runs the desktop, and
    without it you won't get very far.

    Note: There's only one of two reasons why this file is corrupted -- either
    it's been attacked by malware, or your hard drive is failing in the area
    containing the system files.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 12, 2008

  3. "zzzzzombie" <> wrote in message

    > while rebooting my window xp, the blue screen show up indicating - "STOP:
    > C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dlll is possibly corrupt.
    > The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".
    >
    > I can not get past the blue screen. I have tried to start in safe mode,
    > safe mode with command prompt. I have also tried Last Know good
    > Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.
    >
    > any suggestions?
    > Thanks!

    Um, there is a whole google page for this.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SHDOCVW.DLL corrupt blue screen ...
    Research.
    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jan 13, 2008