    I have a P4 3,2 GHz P4P800-E Deluxe ASUSTEK I865PE, S478, 4XDDR,
    USB2.0,RAID with 1024 Mb of RAM system.

    Thanks for your help!
    Ulf, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Ulf

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 2/8/2006 8:13:09 AM, Without Any Hesitation, Ulf Wrote
    The Following:

    > Hi,
    > whenever I unplug an attached device to any of my 8 USB 2.0 ports on my
    > XP Professional sp1 (with all ms hotfixes and windows update patches) I
    > get a blue screen of death telling me that windows will start dumping
    > physical memory, even though I use "safelly remove USB device from your
    > computer". I have to reset the computer - there´s no other way simply.
    > I´ve checked device manager for conflicts but everything seem just
    > fine. This all started without me knowingly having had made any
    > software or hardware changes. Has anyone got a clue about this?
    > I have a P4 3,2 GHz P4P800-E Deluxe ASUSTEK I865PE, S478, 4XDDR,
    > USB2.0,RAID with 1024 Mb of RAM system.
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    SP-2 may solve your problem.
    http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/lofiversion/index.php/t10430.html
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Old Gringo, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Ulf

    Ulf Guest

    Tanks, but it has worked just fine for me with sp1 for a couple of
    years now and really I don´t see why installing sp2 should make any
    difference...but who knows, you might just be right...I´ll check
    flashing BIOS before I install sp2...is sp2 ok now by the way? it was
    very unstable when it was released a couple of years ago!
    Ulf, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Ulf

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 2/8/2006 8:54:15 AM, Without Any Hesitation, Ulf Wrote
    The Following:

    > Tanks, but it has worked just fine for me with sp1 for a couple of
    > years now and really I don´t see why installing sp2 should make any
    > difference...but who knows, you might just be right...I´ll check
    > flashing BIOS before I install sp2...is sp2 ok now by the way? it was
    > very unstable when it was released a couple of years ago!

    My version of WinXP Pro, came with SP-2. I have had no problem so
    far. Good Luck.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.
    Freedom For The World http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    2/8/2006 10:37:52 AM CT USA
    Old Gringo, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Ulf

    PC Guest

    "Ulf" <> wrote in message
    Tanks, but it has worked just fine for me with sp1 for a couple of
    years now and really I don´t see why installing sp2 should make any
    difference...but who knows, you might just be right...I´ll check
    flashing BIOS before I install sp2...is sp2 ok now by the way? it was
    very unstable when it was released a couple of years ago!

    Ulf

    Some thoughts on your predicament.

    SP2 is exactly the same as it was when released. What has 'improved' is the
    reduction in the number of poorly maintained XP installs that SP2 broke
    because they should have been reinstalled anyway.
    I would not recommend upgrading the 'Bios' unless the manufacturer
    'specifically' says it fixes 'exactly' your problem.
    Your 'BSOD' should include an Error number, put that error number into a
    Microsoft.com search and it will tell you what generated the error.
    Try a 'Restore' to a time prior to the BSOD's this will eliminate any
    software changes/installs you may have forgotten.
    Review the Event Viewer in Control Panel / Administrative tools for errors
    and warning that may be relevant.
    Open PC case & check cables seated correctly and check Power Supply voltages
    while in there.

    Hope this helps
    Paul.
    PC, Feb 8, 2006