    I have minidump files that I'm attempting to analyse and need
    assistance. Does anyone know of software good for analyzing minidumps
    or can someone assist with the analysis? thanks!!

    Jim, Oct 15, 2005

  2. Jim

    why? Guest

    On 15 Oct 2005 07:20:10 -0700, Jim wrote:

    >I have minidump files that I'm attempting to analyse and need
    >assistance. Does anyone know of software good for analyzing minidumps
    >or can someone assist with the analysis? thanks!!

    With that much detail, no mention of event logs or BSOD. Why don't you
    contact Microsoft?

    There is no solution using results from Google, www.google.com ?

    Windows XP: How to read MInidump file
    Recently restored XP randomly reboots. How do I read dump log to
    determine problem? Thanks.
    www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21249274.html - 68k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    or the also handy, search MS for MS issues.

    How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for ...
    254649 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649/) Overview of memory dump
    file
    options for ... Your dump file is named
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315263 - Similar
    pages
    [ More results from support.microsoft.com ]

    or IIRC the dump utility in the support tools folders on OS CDs, which
    Google finds as well.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315271/ How to use Dumpchk.exe to check
    a memory dump file

    Me