    reboots. Is their a way to see a recording of this screen next time I
    reboot. Is their a text file or some other file this screen gets saved to?

    Hugh
    F Sutherland, Sep 5, 2005

  2. F Sutherland

    Toolman Tim Guest

    F Sutherland wrote:
    > blue screen's of death happen so fast then disappear and my computer
    > reboots. Is their a way to see a recording of this screen next time I
    > reboot. Is their a text file or some other file this screen gets
    > saved to?
    > Hugh

    Sure. Check your event log. Also, turn off that automatic reboot -
    rightclick my computer, select properties. Click on the Advanced tab. Then
    at the bottom, click on the Settings button under startup and recovery.
    About 2/3 down, uncheck Automatically Restart.

    Now you'll be able to copy down those BSOD error codes (get it all...) and
    start finding out what's wrong.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005

  3. F Sutherland

    Trax Guest

    "F Sutherland" <fsutherland@??sympatico.ca> wrote:

    |>blue screen's of death happen so fast then disappear and my computer
    |>reboots. Is their a way to see a recording of this screen next time I
    |>reboot. Is their a text file or some other file this screen gets saved to?

    You can also start/run drwtsn32 <enter>
    and read the application errors and see what caused it.

    It doesn't take a picture but collects data at the time of the crash,
    you can also read this log from here.

    Then turn off logging (dump) as it just takes up space.

    --
    "The notion that this is mostly about sex is nonsense. The vast
    majority of our customers have little or no interest in it."
    Trax, Sep 5, 2005
  4. F Sutherland wrote:

    > blue screen's of death happen so fast then disappear and my computer
    > reboots. Is their a way to see a recording of this screen next time I
    > reboot. Is their a text file or some other file this screen gets saved to?
    >
    > Hugh

    Hugh (or "F"), please allow me to apologize in advance...

    http://blinkynet.net/comp/bs.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005
  5. F Sutherland

    Au79 Guest

    F Sutherland wrote:
    > blue screen's of death happen so fast then disappear and my computer
    > reboots. Is their a way to see a recording of this screen next time I
    > reboot. Is their a text file or some other file this screen gets saved to?
    >
    > Hugh

    Switch to MAC OSX or Linux.

    --
    ..