    athalon xp 2000
    asus a7nx-deluxe
    1 gb ram OCZ .
    DRVNGUY, Jul 30, 2005

  2. DRVNGUY

    lowdes Guest

    HACKER!

    lowdes, Jul 30, 2005

  3. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    Funny cause i have zomne alarm pro virus and firewall ..shouldnt it catch
    those things ..perhaps i should turn on my windows firewall aswell?.

    DRVNGUY, Jul 30, 2005
  4. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY, Jul 30, 2005
  5. DRVNGUY

    Terra Prime Guest

    DRVNGUY wrote:
    > I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i
    > clicked on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen
    > with stop code on it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or
    > possibly a hacker attack ?...thanx
    > I have windows xp pro
    > athalon xp 2000
    > asus a7nx-deluxe
    > 1 gb ram OCZ .

    Please post the error code and I will look it up.
    Terra Prime, Jul 30, 2005
  6. DRVNGUY

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:08:48 -0400, DRVNGUY wrote:

    >I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
    >on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
    >it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker attack

    If you have memory dump enabled then you will have a dmp file saved.

    >?...thanx

    What's the difference you had a BSOD, although you didn't include the
    stop code, message or info from the event log, provide a URL to the
    site, say if your AV / FW logs spotted anything, which browser, service
    pack.

    >I have windows xp pro
    >athalon xp 2000
    >asus a7nx-deluxe
    >1 gb ram OCZ .

    Me
    why?, Jul 30, 2005
  7. DRVNGUY

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote in message
    >I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
    >on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
    >it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker
    >attack ?...thanx
    > I have windows xp pro
    > athalon xp 2000
    > asus a7nx-deluxe
    > 1 gb ram OCZ .

    No, it's not a hacker. Its Windows <grin>

    Turn off the auto restart...then you can write down stop codes and research
    them:

    Right click "My computer" select Properties, Advanced Tab, Startup and
    Recovery section, click Settings. Under System Failure, uncheck
    Automatically Restart
    Toolman Tim, Jul 30, 2005
  8. DRVNGUY

    Guest

    "DRVNGUY" <> wrote:

    |>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
    |>on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
    |>it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker attack
    |>?...thanx
    |>I have windows xp pro
    |>athalon xp 2000
    |>asus a7nx-deluxe
    |>1 gb ram OCZ .

    Run (WinKey+R) drwtsn32.exe

    Read the application list, it will show you what was responsible.
    And as mention'd you can read the DMP file there if you wish.

    --
    Colour Perception
    http://tinyurl.com/3ovoq

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/winsecurity.jpg

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 30, 2005
  10. DRVNGUY wrote:

    > "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    >> HACKER!

    > Funny cause i have zomne alarm pro virus and firewall ..shouldnt it catch
    > those things ..perhaps i should turn on my windows firewall aswell?.

    First, security is not in the first place a matter of av programs, desktop
    firewalls and spyware scanners. Instead, it's your mind that has to be
    secured instead of lulled by some software and the marketroids selling it.
    Actually it's a good thing the airbags in your car are almost invisible but
    work when you need them - unlike that software, that always reminds you
    "see I'm here, need to be fed (with updates) regularly almost like a
    tamagocchi, want my renewal taxes yearly or I expire, and if you are a kind
    gullible soul I will protect you".
    Some malware is neither a virus nor a trojan, but it may blind your av
    scanner and pook a hole through your "firewall" ...

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Jul 31, 2005