    solutions anyone?

    Regards,
    Mr Gavin D Small.

    gavinsmall, Sep 8, 2004

  2. gavinsmall

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:06:41 GMT, gavinsmall wrote:

    <groan>Another BY user and account / unmunged email addy</groan>
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    or

    >Hello SIG,
    >Getting the Blue screen of death just before I close down my system.
    >solutions anyone?

    About the same as you?

    However as you have more information than you posted it shouldn't be an
    issue for you finding a solution and fixing it.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Small things are missing from your description are things like - the
    version of Windows, any recent changes, the text from the first two
    ( example -
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winntas/tips/techrep/bsod.mspx
    )
    lines of the BSOD, the event logn entry, event ID.

    Also
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/index.htm

    A quick www.google.com search
    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11666
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20910239.html
    http://www.byruss.bizland.com/fatal_exception.html
    and several hundred other links.

    Me

    why?, Sep 8, 2004

  3. gavinsmall

    Paul - xxx Guest

    gavinsmall vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Hello SIG,
    > Getting the Blue screen of death just before I close down my system.
    > solutions anyone?

    Which BSoD ? How long before shutdown ? What OS ? What specs ? What have
    you changed recently ? Any error messages ?

    One solution would be to give the computer to someone with clue ...

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Sep 8, 2004