    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net
    DAN, Feb 22, 2004

  2. DAN

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:07:13 -0000, "DAN" <> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >os win xp pro.
    >Is the blue screen of death generally a software or hardware fault.
    >Thanks.....

    Most will reply with software.
    However, an example of hardware would bad memory.
    Unk, Feb 22, 2004

  3. DAN

    Sultan Guest

    DAN wrote in news:WP1_b.6$U27.1@newsfe1-win:

    > Hi All
    >
    > os win xp pro.
    > Is the blue screen of death generally a software or hardware fault.
    > Thanks.....

    Yes to all. Could be anything from bad memory to heat issues to software.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 22, 2004
  4. DAN

    Paul - xxx Guest

    DAN posted ...

    > Hi All
    >
    > os win xp pro.
    > Is the blue screen of death generally a software or hardware fault.
    > Thanks.....

    Yes .. either condition would / could / might cause a BSOD .. The following,
    which I've cut 'n pasted, may help a little .. ;)

    OK, you’ve asked for help, but to actually get any help you will need to
    provide a little more information as it’s my experience that very few people
    are ‘truly’ psychic. Think along the following lines. (Thanks Golem, good
    list, damn shame golem doesn’t use the newsgroups much nowadays...

    What help do you require?
    What Operating System and version are you using?

    Is there an error message or code ?
    What program causes this error?

    What is the EXACT wording of the error ?
    When does the error happen?
    What are you trying to do when this happens?
    What else is running in the background?
    What changes have you made to your system right before this started?
    Did you Add/Remove any Software?
    Did you Add/Remove any Hardware?
    Did you make any new Tweaks?
    Did you apply any new patch?
    Do you get other error messages?

    Get the picture ? There’s no need to answer all the questions everytime,
    they are just a ‘flavour’ of what can help others gain an insight into what’
    s causing your problem and can help them formulate a good answer. When you
    get an answer, you may get more than one, it’s still up to you to decide
    what to do about the problem you have, but generally answers posted to a
    multitude may be better than answers posted directly to you. There are
    people who’ll deliberately screw your system. Don’t necessarily go for the
    first answer, wait a bit, someone will point out if it’s wrong .. eventually
    ... maybe ..

    Have a look at these sites for further advice on posting and on Usenet.

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
    Paul - xxx, Feb 22, 2004
  5. "DAN" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > os win xp pro.
    > Is the blue screen of death generally a software or hardware fault.
    > Thanks.....

    > "Eliminate annoying spam!
    > My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."
    >
    > http://www.ihatespam.net

    I don't think I have had a BSOD in XP - I used to get a number on
    W98SE.
    Geoff Pearson, Feb 22, 2004
  6. DAN

    Beowolf Guest

    DAN wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > os win xp pro.
    > Is the blue screen of death generally a software or hardware fault.
    > Thanks.....

    It's *your* fault.
    Beowolf, Feb 22, 2004
  7. DAN