Blue Screen of death, how to fix Stop error in windows xp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dfinc, May 18, 2010.

  1. dfinc

    dfinc Guest

    I have been seeing quite a few posts regarding the dreaded Blue Screen
    of Death, and what the STOP codes mean. This is a fairly extensive
    list of the most common stop errors, their corrasponding codes, and
    recommended solutions.

    When Windows XP detects a problem from which it cannot recover, it
    displays Stop messages. These are text-mode error messages that report
    information about the condition.

    Stop messages, sometimes referred to as blue screens (BSoD), contain
    specific information that can help you diagnose and possibly resolve
    the problem detected by the Windows kernel.

    This list describes these messages and helps you understand and
    interpret them.

    This list is NOT exhaustive or meant to resolve EVERY error.
    This list of messages is a guide to individual messages and their
    possible causes and resolutions… Having a basic understanding of these
    error messages enables you to communicate with your technical support
    professional more effectively too.

    With all these Stop messages, you can pretty much assume someone else
    has encountered the problem before you. That is why tying in the error
    message into www.google.com , posting a notice for help on a relevant
    newsgroup and entering the stop code into the “Microsoft Knowledge
    Base” can yield help just when you need it!

    Here is the (long) list:
    http://techvts.com/security/blue-screen-of-death-stop-error-windows-xp/

    dfinc, May 18, 2010

  2. dfinc

    Rob Guest

    dfinc <> wrote:
    > I have been seeing quite a few posts regarding the dreaded Blue Screen
    > of Death, and what the STOP codes mean.

    But not on this newsgroup.
    So go away with your spam.

    Rob, May 18, 2010