Blue Screen Error HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=, Oct 18, 2007.

  1. While playing online multiplayer games "Shoot em'ups" affter about 20 min's
    The pc shuts off instantlly with a blue screen flash with error message

    the setup i use:
    psu tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet
    mobo MSI-K8 Dimond plus v1 nF chipset PCIE/cpu.amd 3500 skt 939
    2GB Corsair XMS3200 pro non-ecc 512 x4
    x4 SATA 250GB WD,HDD's
    X2 Nvidia Geforce 6600GT PCI E X16 graphics cards

    The system is never overclocked and standard bios setup
    worked 100% for over a year

    I can reboot at once and windows loads as normal with the standard popup
    Recoverd from a serus error ,the manifest reads as follows

    Server=watson.microsoft.com
    UI LCID=1033
    Flags=1696082
    Brand=WINDOWS
    TitleName=Microsoft Windows
    DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
    ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
    HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
    Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=3b&BCP1=00000000C0000047&BCP2=FFFFF80001030919&BCP3=FFFFFADFC8777610&BCP4=0000000000000000&OSVer=5_2_3790&SP=2_0&Product=256_1
    DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir00\Mini101807-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir00\sysdata.xml
    ErrorSubPath=blue
    DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER04b6.dir00

    There is the Mini101807-02.dmp file and sysdata.xml
    Can anyone tell me what this means???? Please
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=, Oct 18, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Dan_Bee.

    The log file is helpful, but the best clue to your problem is probably the
    Stop code on the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Unfortunately, Microsoft sets
    the default for "what to do on system failure" to "automatically restart" -
    and the restart happens so quickly that we never get a chance to read the
    BSOD. So one of the first things that I always do after installing Windows
    is change that default!

    Go to Control Panel | System and click Advanced System Settings (you'll need
    your Administrator password to get past here). On the next Advanced tab,
    click Settings under Startup and Recovery. This gets you finally to the
    page where you can remove the check from that Automatically restart line,
    then OK your way out.

    The next time, your computer will still abort, but it will halt with that
    BSOD onscreen, giving you all the time you need before you press the
    hardware Restart button. Copy down that Stop code - verbatim - along with
    the line of hex codes and any other text that might be there. It might be
    gibberish to you (and to me), but it will mean a lot to the gurus here who
    know how to read it. They can point you in the right direction.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail beta 2 in Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 beta v.275)

    R. C. White, Oct 19, 2007

  3. Thanks' for advice, I have now found the problem, It was one of the sticks of
    Ram
    I noticed the active led's on one of the 4 mod's was out of sync' with the
    other 3
    So i swaped the 4 mod's with Kingston HyperX of the same spec' and all was
    fine again.
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=, Oct 19, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You either need to supply the error code and message from the blue screen or
    the error code and message from the mini-dump (not the dump) If you auto
    restart, uncheck in system/advanced/startup and recovery

    John Barnes, Oct 19, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting that neither of the other posts by RC or op showed up until 5:30
    pdt this am on my Vista mail reader.

    John Barnes, Oct 19, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, John.

    Are you subscribed directly through the msnews.microsoft.com server? Or
    through a "slurping" server that just "slurps" the messages from that host
    server and passes them on?

    RC
    --

    > Interesting that neither of the other posts by RC or op showed up until
    > 5:30 pdt this am on my Vista mail reader.

    <SNIP>
    R. C. White, Oct 19, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Dan_Bee.

    Thanks for the report back. Good detective work! ;<)

    But you might want to change that default setting from Automatically
    restart, anyhow, for the time when another of Vista' rare BSODs appears.

    RC

    R. C. White, Oct 19, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Directly, no slurping here.

    John Barnes, Oct 19, 2007
  9. Again thanks' I took your advice and changed the default from Automatic
    restart
    as this makes sence if it happens again, or for any other blue screen error
    problem.

    I knew i t could be done from "F8"key exstended menu while booting, as i
    have done so on other systems in the past , "thats fine if you are getting
    blue screens from boot" before you enter windows.
    Why do M.S use the default "Not to show error message?"
    It would be a lot easyer for users to find the help they need with this info
    in hand?.

    Tank's Again
    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=, Oct 20, 2007
  10. Thanks' John got it sorrted now, good of you to take the time and give advice
    Regards Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=, Oct 20, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RGFuX0JlZQ==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Dan_Bee.

    > Why do M.S use the default "Not to show error message?"

    Well, it DOES show - but then restarts instantly before we can see more than
    a blue flash on the screen. And this is most definitely NOT a "BUG".
    Microsoft does this intentionally. It has been brought to their attention
    innumerable times. They still think this is the right default.

    The only reason I can think of for this behavior as the default is what we
    all probably learned in our first week of computing: MANY computing
    glitches are momentary things that can be cured by simply rebooting the
    computer. So, MOST of the time, the automatic restart will get the show
    back on the road - without any call to Tech Support or other hassle.

    But there are the times when the automatic restart does NOT fix the problem.
    THAT's when we need to be able to read the Stop code.

    RC

    R. C. White, Oct 21, 2007
  12. I'm not disageeing, if there really is a 'why', perhaps we should consider
    the language problem? Right now, there are three uses of 'default' that
    comes to mind - you have the Legal use; the Sporting use; the Computer use.

    In the Legal use, if you don't pay your bill, no court will ever process the
    claim, it is simply forwarded to you and filed as evidence as a command to
    pay.

    In the Sporting use, if you don't show up for a match, or have put
    unregistered players on the team - without any hearing for explanations
    (asside from the press) you'll have lost the match.

    A computer expects a command to do it's thing. If you don't enter a
    command - in order for the process not to crash, 'some' reserve command is
    executed in order for you to at least have the ability to stop it if you
    should so wish, or a way for the process itself to automatically stop
    executing gracefully, in the instance when further execution and/or
    interaction has become pointless.

    Often when Computerese is attempted being translated, 'default' comes out
    the other end as 'standard'. Indeed, many conscientious programmers are
    bending over backwards to keep their processes running in the most sensible
    manner adapted to the functioning of the human brain and do invent and/or
    follow a sort of 'standardized' semi-meaningfull sequence of defaults to
    mimic 'intelligence'.

    I don't assume much effort is spent if you've defaulted the machine to
    re-boot - there are configuration options in place to logging and
    streamlining the booting process to your own liking, so I think we shall
    probably have to be content with being on our own - except for the lucky
    instance when we can help each other out!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 21, 2007