    Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem....

    --
    Jake

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFrZQ==?=, May 28, 2005

  2. Jake <> wrote:
    > My Computer:
    > Procesoor - AMD 64
    > Motherboard - ASUS K8v SE Deluxe
    > Hard Drive - 2 each SATA HD Raided together (have 64 bit drivers)
    >
    > Problem-
    >
    > I install 64 Bit OS, everything goes fine when I boot to OS gives me
    > a fast blue screen then reboots (I don't get the chance to see it so
    > have no idea what the problem is) Is it SATA Raid-0?
    >
    > I tried to turn on/off the cool and quiet thing (fixed it in the
    > past). Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem....

    Hi Jake,

    yes, looks like you have the wrong drivers for your sata.
    Have a look at www.planetamd64.com or at www.viaarena.com for the right
    drivers.
    You'll have to use a floppy disk and hit F6 during the setup to install the
    new drivers.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, May 28, 2005

  3. Thanks for the response Chris,

    Okay, I have installed the drivers from the floppy, the install run of the
    OS loads all the way through. On the first boot up to initally run the OS it
    gives me the blue screen. I have the latest and greatest SATA 64 bit drivers
    (by the way the version number changed but the file dates are still sep 03.
    Is there anything else this could be. Does this release support 2 SATA drives
    running raid 0 ?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFrZQ==?=, May 28, 2005
  4. Jake <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the response Chris,
    >
    > Okay, I have installed the drivers from the floppy, the install run
    > of the OS loads all the way through. On the first boot up to initally
    > run the OS it gives me the blue screen. I have the latest and
    > greatest SATA 64 bit drivers (by the way the version number changed
    > but the file dates are still sep 03. Is there anything else this
    > could be. Does this release support 2 SATA drives running raid 0 ?
    >
    > "Christian Hougardy" wrote:

    I think that if you need the raid 0, you'll have to use the promise drivers
    and to enable it on your mobo.
    The 2 sata's have to be connected on the red connectors, not the two blacks.
    If you don't need raid, disable the promise drivers and use the 2 black
    connectors.
    The blue screen is only because x64 doesn't find any OS or hard disks

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, May 28, 2005
  5. If the file dates haven't changed, I think you must have the wrong drivers.
    For the VIA RAID controller, the latest and greatest, downloadable from
    viaarena.com are dated 4/26/05.

    If you're on the Promise controller, not the VIA controller, all bets are
    off. There are re-decorated drivers on planetamd64.com, but I haven't heard
    anyone who is successfully using them, but I could, of course, be wrong. Just
    that most folks have been using the VIA controller, and the VIA drivers have
    been very recently updated.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 28, 2005
  6. Another thing you can do to ensure that you have the right drivers is to
    install to a single drive initially, take the RAID portion out of the
    scenario. If you're getting the blue screens, then you know the driver
    isnt correct.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 31, 2005
  7. I think I'm actually getting tired of saying that. And especially of being
    abused for saying it, of course. Especially when I'm right.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 31, 2005
  8. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > I think I'm actually getting tired of saying that. And especially of
    > being abused for saying it, of course. Especially when I'm right.

    Hi Charlie,

    be my guest...
    As you can see, I don't answer this kind of posts anymore, also tired of
    being abused...
    It was written so many time, they just have to read a little bit...

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, May 31, 2005
  9. Reading seems to be an issue, obviously.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 31, 2005
  10. Keep the faith fellas.

    You guys have made a huge impact to this group already, and its only in its
    infancy. It's something that will work itself out over time. Maybe if I
    can get some time I can look into making a FAQ or something we can post to
    the groups for common questions and tshooting. Right now I have been
    buried but let me know if thats something either of you think would help.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 1, 2005
  11. "Joseph Conway [MSFT]" <> wrote:
    > Keep the faith fellas.
    >
    > You guys have made a huge impact to this group already, and its only
    > in its infancy. It's something that will work itself out over time.
    > Maybe if I can get some time I can look into making a FAQ or
    > something we can post to the groups for common questions and
    > tshooting. Right now I have been buried but let me know if thats
    > something either of you think would help.

    Great idea, thanks Joseph.
    June will be hectic as I'm leaving South Africa to go back to Belgium for a
    while.
    But from July, I'll have more time to help.

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 1, 2005
  12. Oh, we try to. And I know it will work itself out, these things do. And yes,
    I _do_ think it will help, so if you can find time to do it, that would
    certainly be a benefit to all. Maybe if we moved this discussion over to a
    more private place, we could work on it collectively? ping me offline if you
    think that might be useful.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  13. Charlie/Christian

    Go ahead and ping me directly and let's see what we can come up with. I
    started a blog the other week to address things like this and I am trying
    to keep it user friendly and fairly easy on the technical eyes.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 6, 2005