Blue Screen crash over and over again :

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by chocolade1972, Oct 22, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I have windows xp 64 bit .
    My pc is due2core 4gb ram geforce nvidia 8800gtx 768mb .

    The pc worked perfect untill 2-3 hours ago i played battlefield 2
    heavey game that require a lot of memory and graphics .

    But the game worked fine and everything else untill 2-3 hours ago .
    Then while playing i had a blue screen for 1 second or less with some
    strange trrrrrrr noise also for second then the pc got reset .

    After it i tried to surf internet explorer after 1-3 minutes the IE got
    stuck then again blue screen for a second without any noise and again
    the pc got reset .

    Then i disabled the option of reset pc when getting failure msg . so i
    could read and see the blue screen msg .

    The msg is :

    Dirver_Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal

    Then technical information :

    Stop: 0x000000D1
    (0x00000000000000000,0x00000000000000002,0x0000000000000000,0xfffffADF9A9962B6)

    Then begining dumping physicial memory then finished dumping physical
    memory .

    Now i ran two tests rounds of memtest program and no errors on the
    memories .

    I checked the video card temp is 63c . The cpu and system temps on the
    bios are about 43-46c .

    What could make this problem to happen ? the pc worked fine how can it
    be something in the hardware got damaged like that ? Is it hardware or
    software maybe i should re install windows ? Could be windows got
    defected somehow ?

    I mean the pc worked fine till now . I hope its not hardware problem .

    Thnx for the help .

    --
    chocolade1972
    chocolade1972's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=33482

    http://forums.techarena.in
    chocolade1972, Oct 22, 2007

  2. chocolade1972

    Kue2 Guest

    Try here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293077

    Kue2, Oct 22, 2007

  3. Kue2 has pointed you at the right KB article, but a couple of comments on
    top of that. Personally, a temperature of 63 degrees for the video card
    seems quite warm to me, and would have me concerned. Time to look at
    improved cooling for that card, IMHO. It's very possible that something
    seriously overheated during that intense gaming session, and is now throwing
    errors. One thing I'd be tempted to try would be swapping out the video card
    for another one if you can. Even if only one you borrow for a bit from
    another machine, long enough to verify that the problem isn't your current
    video card.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 22, 2007
  4. No, actually the GPU's often allow plus 110 degr. ( 'C' - that is ) - but as
    I understand these measurements were obtained after several reboots??? They
    are probably not reflecting the true temp at the moment of failure. A heavy
    game could easily raise the CPU to over 50 degr. on a standard rather well
    cooled machine. You'd need more for comfort, in my mind

    I wonder if you have any inclination for a source to the noise you heard?

    How old is the machine?

    How long since you installed XP x64?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 22, 2007
  5. noise? possibly the dump file being written? the only other alternatives are
    things that should be visible to a cursory look at the inside of the
    computer.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 22, 2007
  6. chocolade1972

    Graham Guest

    Tony Sperling <tony.sperling@db wrote:
    > I wonder if you have any inclination for a source to the noise you heard?

    Cooling fan grinding to a halt?

    Graham.
    Graham, Oct 22, 2007
  7. I have it only for few months i think 2-3 maybe .
    And so far i didnt have any problems when playing such heavey games
    even the pc could stand two heavey games working togeather no problems
    ..

    After 4 gb geforce 8800gtx 768mb and core2due 3ghz . I think it should
    handle heavey stuff .

    If it was heat problem why it didnt show up yesterday or a week ago ?
    Why just few hours ago ? Something here is strange .

    Could be it only a software problem like i installed something for
    example or uninstalled and it damaged somehow the windows files ?

    How can i check for heating ? The cpu allready have a big cpu cooler i
    ordered with the pc its big very big golden/brown thing over the cpu .
    And the video card have its own cooler everyone told me it dosent need
    a cooler and that 60-63c is ok for that heavey video card . I dont know
    i checked for heat in the bios system and cpu are 43-46c i think its ok
    i cant check the memory heat but memtest said the memories are ok .

    What else can i do ? I just cant think or i dont wanna think its an
    hardware problem . Maybe it is an hardware problem i dont know .

    Ill check the other fans if they are working .

    If one of the fans on the new pc dosent work for some reason could it
    make the pc blue screens like i have ?

    What else to do ? I dont mind to re install windows .

    I called also before to the store when i bought the pc and the tech guy
    told me to re install windows he told if i can re install it without any
    problem its 95% software problem but he told me i cant install it if ill
    have some errors while installing it is hardware problem . Do you think
    i should re install windows xp 64 bit ?

    Thank you .

    chocolade1972, Oct 22, 2007
  8. It's difficult to say - after reading the KB I suggest making sure that you
    turn off your Anti-Virus and that you are not running two monster games at
    the same time. While the CPU should be able to handle it - you cannot be
    sure that the two are not trying to comunicate with the same memory location
    at the same time.

    By the way - your stop code is saying the error appears when reading from
    memory, this most likely means that something else is poking around in there
    and you can be certain it's not the OS! So find some things to turn off.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 22, 2007
  9. chocolade1972

    John Barnes Guest

    Did you recently upgrade your video driver? Have you tried to roll back the
    driver, or uninstall and reinstall another driver version.

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007