    works and I have to start and stop many times , to eventually get started, I
    am tempted to leave the thing on all the time. Any suggestions ,as things
    work fine once started Regards E

    Leveled, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Leveled

    beenthere Guest

    "Leveled" <> wrote in message
    news:449ab27c$0$951$...
    >I have problems starting my computer,though it seems to be O.K it stops
    >again and am then given choice to start at a previous date. This rarely
    >works and I have to start and stop many times , to eventually get started,
    >I am tempted to leave the thing on all the time. Any suggestions ,as things
    >work fine once started Regards E

    And what does the blue error screen say ?.

    beenthere, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Leveled

    Au79 Guest

    Leveled wrote:

    > I have problems starting my computer,though it seems to be O.K it stops
    > again and am then given choice to start at a previous date. This rarely
    > works and I have to start and stop many times , to eventually get started,
    > I am tempted to leave the thing on all the time. Any suggestions ,as
    > things
    > work fine once started Regards E

    To identify hardware related issues, if you can, download (free) the Knoppix
    Live CD, and reboot your machine with Knoppix (it will not modify your
    existing windows setup).

    If your computer boots up and runs fine under Knoppix, then you have a
    windows software problem, most probably a driver- of course, provided your
    windows environment is clean of viruses and worms.

    If you still are having peculiar boot up problems, then it is a hardware
    issue and it may be time to replace the ol' computer.

    Au79, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Leveled

    Ben Myers Guest

    Open the case and remove and reseat the memory modules. If this doesn't
    help, please repost with more information, including the operating system
    installed on the problem computer.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 24, 2006
  5. Leveled

    Ayra

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Blue screen error

    Hello all, I'm new on the forum and happen to have the same issue. I have windows XP professional sp3.
    The morning my computer was working fine, but when I came from work I try to open it.First time I had the message to press safe mode or (an other option with something about last day with no problems),anyway when I press the one option or the other one is going to the loading screen (count 3 time the bar) and then blue screen very fast and then restart. The first time was so fast that I didn't see the blue screen but after that I always manage to see the blue screen but for some seconds.
    I try to do repair with the windows cd the only thing I manage to do was to not need to press safe mode or something else.But still after the 3 times bar count loading I see the blue screen and then restart .:banghead:
    So any idea on what I can do? Since I can't go in to the windows??:confused:

    Ayra, Jul 28, 2011