    monitor. I've tried restarting my comuter and I've checked all my
    connections with no luck. It's about 3 months old.

    Lori
    kayla, Mar 31, 2007

  2. kayla

    Chet39 Guest

    Probably a failure in the monitor itself. I hope it's still under warranty.

    Chet39, Mar 31, 2007

  3. kayla

    kayla Guest

    Thanks. I kinda thought that and yes it's still under warranty. I
    got it at Staples and they are very good about exchanging defective
    merchandise.

    kayla, Mar 31, 2007
  4. kayla

    SeniorsGuide Guest

    kayla wrote:
    > Thanks. I kinda thought that and yes it's still under warranty. I
    > got it at Staples and they are very good about exchanging defective
    > merchandise.
    >

    > On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:30:20 GMT, "Chet39" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Probably a failure in the monitor itself. I hope it's still under warranty.
    >>
    >> "kayla" <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote in message
    >>> There is a blue line going down the middle of my ViewSonic flat screen
    >>> monitor. I've tried restarting my comuter and I've checked all my
    >>> connections with no luck. It's about 3 months old.
    >>>
    >>> Lori

    Is it vertical or horizontal?

    --

    Senior's Guide to Computers
    http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    SeniorsGuide, Mar 31, 2007
  5. kayla

    kayla Guest

    kayla, Apr 1, 2007
  6. kayla

    Ernie Guest

    It sounds like one of the wires in the shadowmask is misaligned. This would
    be a problem within the CRT itself, and the solution would be to replace the
    CRT. Might as well get a replacement monitor if it is still under warranty.

    Ernie, Apr 1, 2007
  7. kayla

    Chris Guest

    "Ernie" <> wrote in message news:mLRPh.2984$5x6.95@trndny02...
    > It sounds like one of the wires in the shadowmask is misaligned. This
    > would
    > be a problem within the CRT itself, and the solution would be to replace
    > the
    > CRT. Might as well get a replacement monitor if it is still under
    > warranty.

    It could be a "cold solder" joint. I've seen this before with my old
    Viewsonic PS790. It took about an hour for me to take it apart and resolder
    every solder joint that I thought could cause it. In the end I got it
    working again.
    I would not advise you do this though because some components can store 25
    to 30 thousand volts and this could be a very dangerous or even deadly
    repair job. I only did it because I used to repair old TV's and know my way
    around the high voltage areas and how to safe guard against the hazards.
    Also, the fact that it is only about 3 months old, it should be under
    warranty. I think viewsonic has a one year warranty. Why try to fix it if
    you can have it fixed or replaced for free under warranty?
    Chris, Apr 2, 2007