Blue hour

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=, Aug 8, 2004.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=, Aug 8, 2004

  2. "Siegfried Bäsler" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > what do you think about this picture:

    Attractive, relaxing, dreamy ... gee I'm starting to sound like a wine
    taster! Seriously, it's a nice shot and I like it.
    Charles Schuler, Aug 8, 2004

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=

    jpc Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler
    <> wrote:

    >Dear Friends,
    >
    >what do you think about this picture:
    >
    >http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html
    >
    >Titel Blue hour, early in the morning, Germany, Baltic Sea
    >
    >Thanks for your comments.
    >Siggi

    This started out as a good shot, but when it showed up on my monitor
    there was horrible jpeg band in the sky. If you are going to show
    pictures on the web you might want to invest in some software that
    does a better job of compressing jpgs

    jpc
    jpc, Aug 9, 2004
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=

    Crownfield Guest

    jpc wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Dear Friends,
    > >
    > >what do you think about this picture:
    > >
    > >http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html
    > >
    > >Titel Blue hour, early in the morning, Germany, Baltic Sea
    > >
    > >Thanks for your comments.
    > >Siggi

    > This started out as a good shot, but when it showed up on my monitor
    > there was horrible jpeg band in the sky. If you are going to show
    > pictures on the web you might want to invest in some software that
    > does a better job of compressing jpgs

    interesting. my monitor, no banding.

    Crownfield, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Hi,

    jpc wrote:

    >On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Dear Friends,
    >>
    >>what do you think about this picture:
    >>
    >>http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html
    >>
    >>Titel Blue hour, early in the morning, Germany, Baltic Sea
    >>
    >>Thanks for your comments.
    >>Siggi
    >>

    >This started out as a good shot, but when it showed up on my monitor
    >there was horrible jpeg band in the sky. If you are going to show
    >pictures on the web you might want to invest in some software that
    >does a better job of compressing jpgs

    my monitor does not show any artefacts.
    Do you have any ideas why?

    Siggi

    --
    Email
    Homepage www.naturundfoto.net
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=, Aug 9, 2004
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Siegfried Bäsler wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > jpc wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Dear Friends,
    >>>
    >>> what do you think about this picture:
    >>>
    >>> http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html
    >>>
    >>> Titel Blue hour, early in the morning, Germany, Baltic Sea
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your comments.
    >>> Siggi
    >>>

    >> This started out as a good shot, but when it showed up on my monitor
    >> there was horrible jpeg band in the sky. If you are going to show
    >> pictures on the web you might want to invest in some software that
    >> does a better job of compressing jpgs
    >>

    > my monitor does not show any artefacts.
    > Do you have any ideas why?
    >
    > Siggi

    Hi..

    Nor can I see any....

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Aug 9, 2004
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=

    Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:53:38 -0700, Crownfield <>
    wrote:

    >jpc wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Dear Friends,
    >> >
    >> >what do you think about this picture:
    >> >
    >> >http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html
    >> >
    >> >Titel Blue hour, early in the morning, Germany, Baltic Sea
    >> >
    >> >Thanks for your comments.
    >> >Siggi

    >> This started out as a good shot, but when it showed up on my monitor
    >> there was horrible jpeg band in the sky. If you are going to show
    >> pictures on the web you might want to invest in some software that
    >> does a better job of compressing jpgs

    >interesting. my monitor, no banding.

    Invest in a worse monitor.
    , Aug 10, 2004
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Siegfried_B=E4sler?=

    Beowulf Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:11:22 +0200, Siegfried Bäsler wrote:
    ..
    > what do you think about this picture:
    >
    > http://home.tiscali.de/naturfoto/BK/Lenste.html

    ..

    I like the colors, the perspective and vanishing point, the use of
    the golden ratio for the horizon. However the small moon in the sky seems
    oddly out of place and too small -- perhaps digitally add in a large moon
    or remove the moon; picture seems to be lacking a main subject, like a
    boat, or a person walking down the beach, etc.

    --
    "It said it needed Windows98 or better installed, so I installed Linux."
    Beowulf, Aug 10, 2004