Blue Filenames?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JAMIE LOWRY, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. JAMIE LOWRY

    JAMIE LOWRY Guest

    Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows XP
    Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have blue
    filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in My
    Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this means?
     
    JAMIE LOWRY, Jun 1, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. JAMIE LOWRY

    JANATARD Guest

    These are pornography files.

    "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    news:Rx7ne.57406$
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    > Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    > my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    > are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    > anybody know what this means?


    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    news:
     
    JANATARD, Jun 1, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. JAMIE LOWRY

    JAMIE LOWRY Guest

    And you're an arse!

    Does anybody have any "real" answers?



    "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    > These are pornography files.
    >
    > "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    > news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    >> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    >> anybody know what this means?

    >
    > --
    > Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    > JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    > news:
     
    JAMIE LOWRY, Jun 1, 2005
    #3
  4. JAMIE LOWRY

    Rebecca Guest

    JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    > And you're an arse!
    >
    > Does anybody have any "real" answers?



    They are _GAY_ pornography files.


    >
    >
    >
    > "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    > news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    >> These are pornography files.
    >>
    >> "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    >> news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones.
    >>> There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too.
    >>> Does anybody know what this means?
     
    Rebecca, Jun 1, 2005
    #4
  5. JAMIE LOWRY

    JAMIE LOWRY Guest

    Oh, I thought they were a virus or something!! Thanks JT, you're a star!

    Rebecca, you're a tart! Try being a bit nicer to people.


    "JT" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Compressed files...
    > "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    > news:Rx7ne.57406$...
    >> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows
    >> XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files
    >> have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also
    >> files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what
    >> this means?
    >>

    >
    >
     
    JAMIE LOWRY, Jun 1, 2005
    #5
  6. JAMIE LOWRY

    JT Guest

    Compressed files...
    "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    news:Rx7ne.57406$...
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows XP
    > Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have
    > blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in
    > My Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this
    > means?
    >
     
    JT, Jun 1, 2005
    #6
  7. JANATARD wrote:
    > These are pornography files.


    they're compressed files on NTFS. Maybe the OP used disk cleaner

    >
    > "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    > news:Rx7ne.57406$
    > > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    > > Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    > > my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    > > are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    > > anybody know what this means?

    >
    > --
    > Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    > JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    > news:
     
    * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i , Jun 1, 2005
    #7
  8. JAMIE LOWRY

    Dave Lear Guest

    "JAMIE LOWRY" wrote in message
    news:Rx7ne.57406$

    > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    > Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and
    > some of my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black
    > ones. There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders
    > too. Does anybody know what this means?


    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...n-us/windows_viewoptions_compressedcolor.mspx

    Black = uncompressed / unencrypted
    Blue = NTFS compressed
    Green = EFS encrypted
     
    Dave Lear, Jun 1, 2005
    #8
  9. JAMIE LOWRY

    fidox Guest

    These have been compressed by XP....


    "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    > These are pornography files.
    >
    > "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    > news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    >> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    >> anybody know what this means?

    >
    > --
    > Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    > JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    > news:
     
    fidox, Jun 1, 2005
    #9
  10. JAMIE LOWRY

    Grendel Guest

    "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    news:e%7ne.57579$...
    >
    > Does anybody have any "real" answers?


    Blue files are just compressed files.

    These can either be compressed by the cleanup process, or you can manually
    compress files (right-click, properties, advanced, check the check box).

    Grendel.
     
    Grendel, Jun 1, 2005
    #10
  11. JAMIE LOWRY

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:44:33 GMT, "JAMIE LOWRY"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows XP
    >Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have blue
    >filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in My
    >Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this means?


    yo listen up here's a story
    about a little guy that lives in a blue world
    and all day and all night and everything he sees
    is just blue like him inside and outside
    blue his house with a blue little window
    and a blue corvette
    and everything is blue for him and hisself
    and everybody around
    cos he ain't got nobody to listen to

    i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

    i have a blue house with a blue window.
    blue is the colour of all that i wear.
    blue are the streets and all the trees are blue.
    i have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    blue are the people here that walk around,
    blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
    blue are the words i say and what i think.
    blue are the feelings that live inside me.

    i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

    i have a blue house with a blue window.
    blue is the colour of all that i wear.
    blue are the streets and all the trees are blue.
    i have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
    blue are the people here that walk around,
    blue like my corvette, it's standing outside.
    blue are the words i say and what i think.
    blue are the feelings that live inside me.

    i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

    inside and outside blue his house
    with the blue little window and blue corvette
    and everything is blue for him and hisself
    and everybody around cause he aint got
    nobody to listen to

    i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

    I'm blue (if I was green I would die)
     
    Evan Platt, Jun 1, 2005
    #11
  12. Howdy!

    "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    news:Rx7ne.57406$...
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows XP
    > Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have

    blue
    > filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in My
    > Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this means?


    They're files that Windows has compressed because you've not used
    them in a while.

    RwP
     
    Ralph W. Phillips, Jun 2, 2005
    #12
  13. JAMIE LOWRY

    jflash Guest

    JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    > Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have Windows XP
    > Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of my files have blue
    > filenames instead of the regular black ones. There are also files in My
    > Documents and a few other folders too. Does anybody know what this means?
    >
    >

    I believe that files highlighted in blue are of the NTFS file system
    (the file system used by Windows XP). Good luck!
     
    jflash, Jun 2, 2005
    #13
  14. jflash wrote:

    > JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    >> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    >> anybody know what this means?
    >>

    > I believe that files highlighted in blue are of the NTFS file system
    > (the file system used by Windows XP). Good luck!


    I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows......
    --
    Sung by someone who's name escapes me.
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 2, 2005
    #14
  15. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > jflash wrote:
    >
    >> JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    >>> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    >>> anybody know what this means?
    >>>

    >> I believe that files highlighted in blue are of the NTFS file system
    >> (the file system used by Windows XP). Good luck!

    >
    >
    > I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows......


    Sung by someone who's name escapes me.

    Ok, whose.
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 2, 2005
    #15
  16. JAMIE LOWRY

    Scrote Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>
    >>> jflash wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>>>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some
    >>>>> of my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black
    >>>>> ones. There are also files in My Documents and a few other
    >>>>> folders too. Does anybody know what this means?
    >>>>>
    >>>> I believe that files highlighted in blue are of the NTFS file
    >>>> system (the file system used by Windows XP). Good luck!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows......

    >>
    >> Sung by someone who's name escapes me.
    >>
    >> Ok, whose.


    http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/player/0,,969378-2339727-WMLO,00.html
    --
    Sometimes I think I understand everything
    ....then I regain consciousness
     
    Scrote, Jun 2, 2005
    #16
  17. Scrote wrote:
    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >>>Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>jflash wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>JAMIE LOWRY wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>>>>>Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some
    >>>>>>of my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black
    >>>>>>ones. There are also files in My Documents and a few other
    >>>>>>folders too. Does anybody know what this means?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>I believe that files highlighted in blue are of the NTFS file
    >>>>>system (the file system used by Windows XP). Good luck!
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows......
    >>>
    >>>Sung by someone who's name escapes me.
    >>>
    >>>Ok, whose.

    >
    >
    > http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/player/0,,969378-2339727-WMLO,00.html


    That's the one(s).
     
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 2, 2005
    #17
  18. JAMIE LOWRY

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Well I'll be. I didn't know that.

    --


    The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsy.com/webdemo.htm
    Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsy.com


    fidox wrote:
    > These have been compressed by XP....
    >
    >
    > "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    > news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    >> These are pornography files.
    >>
    >> "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    >> news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones.
    >>> There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too.
    >>> Does anybody know what this means?

    >>
    >> --
    >> Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    >> JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    >> news:


    --
    -
     
    pcbutts1, Jun 5, 2005
    #18
  19. JAMIE LOWRY

    Andy Guest

    On my system (Windows XP Prof.) compressed files have blue file names.


    "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    > These are pornography files.
    >
    > "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    > news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones. There
    >> are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too. Does
    >> anybody know what this means?

    >
    > --
    > Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    > JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    > news:
     
    Andy, Jun 5, 2005
    #19
  20. JAMIE LOWRY

    John Lord Guest

    clever little thing this XP! I was using 95 upgraded to new PC.

    does this happen automatically, can you change the settings and save hard
    disk space in those files you don't use that often?

    thanks

    john

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    news:1117929834.871f46519d95fa8d2c56c73ea6f594ba@teranews...
    > Well I'll be. I didn't know that.
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    > The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsy.com/webdemo.htm
    > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsy.com
    >
    >
    > fidox wrote:
    >> These have been compressed by XP....
    >>
    >>
    >> "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    >> news:-ugly-pubic-crab.org...
    >>> These are pornography files.
    >>>
    >>> "JAMIE LOWRY" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:Rx7ne.57406$
    >>>> Hi everyone. I'm new to newsgroups so be nice please :) I have
    >>>> Windows XP Home Edition and I've just gone into My Music and some of
    >>>> my files have blue filenames instead of the regular black ones.
    >>>> There are also files in My Documents and a few other folders too.
    >>>> Does anybody know what this means?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    >>> JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    >>> news:

    >
    > --
    > -
    >
     
    John Lord, Jun 5, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgbGVNYWM=?=

    Filenames on CD

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgbGVNYWM=?=, Apr 2, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    483
    lostsoul
    Apr 9, 2004
  2. dadiOH
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,955
    anthonyberet
    Jul 21, 2003
  3. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,061
    DVD Verdict
    Mar 18, 2005
  4. JANATARD

    Re: Blue Filenames?

    JANATARD, Jun 1, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    390
    John Lord
    Jun 5, 2005
  5. Kyle :o\)

    Blue Frog / Blue Security?

    Kyle :o\), Apr 8, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,258
    Whiskers
    Apr 26, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page