Blue Digits LLC releases VM Rover - Universal Voicemail Client

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Blue Digits, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Blue Digits

    Blue Digits Guest

    Warwick, NY – August, 4th 2004 – Blue Digits LLC announces today the
    release of VM Rover, the first product release of this recently formed
    software company. VM Rover is a voicemail client platform for the PC
    that seamlessly retrieves internet based voicemail and provides the
    user with a familiar interface in the form of a virtual answering
    machine. This product is intended for the increasing numbers of
    people who access their voicemail through the web (whether at home or
    at work) yet are frustrated with the cumbersome process of having to
    log into a website in order to check for new voicemail. VM Rover
    eliminates this process by automating voicemail retrieval and by
    notifying the user of new arrivals.

    VM Rover was designed to be independent of specific voicemail services
    and internet protocols, by providing a plugin framework. This
    provides a way to quickly and easily adopt VM Rover to any service
    providing internet hosted voicemail. Ideally, this will provide users
    with one interface to multiple voicemail sources, similar to
    multi-service Instant Messaging clients such as Gaim and Trillian.

    VM Rover is initially released on Microsoft Windows, and includes a
    plugin to service users of Vonage voicemail (a leader in the
    burgeoning VOIP market). For more product details please visit
    www.vmrover.com.

    Blue Digits, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Blue Digits

    Guest

    FoIP and answering machine software

    Blue Digits wrote:
    > Warwick, NY - August, 4th 2004 - Blue Digits LLC announces today

    the
    > release of VM Rover, the first product release of this recently

    formed
    > software company. VM Rover is a voicemail client platform for the PC
    > that seamlessly retrieves internet based voicemail and provides the
    > user with a familiar interface in the form of a virtual answering
    > machine. This product is intended for the increasing numbers of
    > people who access their voicemail through the web (whether at home or
    > at work) yet are frustrated with the cumbersome process of having to
    > log into a website in order to check for new voicemail. VM Rover
    > eliminates this process by automating voicemail retrieval and by
    > notifying the user of new arrivals.

    [..]

    I'll be doing VoIP with <http://www.peopleline.net/>. being "frugal,"
    is there a free software answering machine? ditto for FoIP. (yes, I'm
    googling, no results yet, beyond this.)

    Thanks,

    Thufir

    , Mar 7, 2005