    them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    that is how it should be."

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 12, 2007

  2. Rôgêr wrote:
    > If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >
    > http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641

    The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are my favorite part of air shows.
    I loves 'em.

    It's always fun to watch the crowd reaction when the solo pilot, while
    the main group is out turning around, sneaks up from *behind* the
    spectators and does a fast low pass over them. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 12, 2007

  3. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>
    >> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641

    > The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are my favorite part of air
    > shows. I loves 'em.
    >
    > It's always fun to watch the crowd reaction when the solo pilot,
    > while the main group is out turning around, sneaks up from *behind*
    > the spectators and does a fast low pass over them. :)

    I was at a small show in Batavia, NY some years ago. Too small for
    Angels and T-birds, but large enough for an F-15E to visit from
    somewhere over by Buffalo. He did make his appearance as you describe,
    at about Lots-of-Knots with full afterburners, and when over the runway,
    stood it on its tail and went straight to 45,000 feet. &diety; that was
    loud!

    But sweet!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 12, 2007
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >
    >http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >
    >Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it was the
    >Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were special made for
    >them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    >planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    >that is how it should be."

    I've seen them in person, them, the Thunderbirds, the Snowbirds, etc. The
    Snowbirds were kind of scarey - they bumped cockpits together right in front of
    us. They're all very good though.

    --
    "... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
    -- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98

    Mara, Nov 12, 2007
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>> If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641

    >> The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are my favorite part of
    >> air shows. I loves 'em.
    >>
    >> It's always fun to watch the crowd reaction when the solo
    >> pilot, while the main group is out turning around, sneaks up
    >> from *behind* the spectators and does a fast low pass over
    >> them. :)

    > I was at a small show in Batavia, NY some years ago. Too small
    > for Angels and T-birds, but large enough for an F-15E to visit
    > from somewhere over by Buffalo. He did make his appearance as
    > you describe, at about Lots-of-Knots with full afterburners, and
    > when over the runway, stood it on its tail and went straight to
    > 45,000 feet. &diety; that was loud!

    Hell, your *description* just gave me goose pimples.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 13, 2007
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    chuckcar Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are my favorite part of
    >>> air shows. I loves 'em.
    >>>
    >>> It's always fun to watch the crowd reaction when the solo
    >>> pilot, while the main group is out turning around, sneaks up
    >>> from *behind* the spectators and does a fast low pass over
    >>> them. :)

    >> I was at a small show in Batavia, NY some years ago. Too small
    >> for Angels and T-birds, but large enough for an F-15E to visit
    >> from somewhere over by Buffalo. He did make his appearance as
    >> you describe, at about Lots-of-Knots with full afterburners, and
    >> when over the runway, stood it on its tail and went straight to
    >> 45,000 feet. &diety; that was loud!

    Probably the last US fighter plane to be able to do that was the F16.
    (until the F-22).It was the last that had a greater than 1:1 thrust to
    weight ration. In cars it matters too <g>.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2007
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Tester Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >
    >http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >
    >Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it was the
    >Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were special made for
    >them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    >planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    >that is how it should be."

    They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with their
    noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that point, I think
    I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene Dietricht singing "Ich bin
    von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt".

    Tester, Nov 13, 2007
  8. Tester wrote:
    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>
    >> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >>
    >> Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it was the
    >> Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were special made for
    >> them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    >> planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    >> that is how it should be."

    > They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with their
    > noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that point, I think
    > I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene Dietricht singing "Ich bin
    > von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt".

    Never seen one of their shows that lasted for a day or two. Usually more
    like 20 or 30 minutes. But Marlene was a bombshell. So to speak.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 13, 2007
  9. Tester wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>
    >>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >>
    >>Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it
    >>was the Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were
    >>special made for them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show.
    >>We get the junkiest planes that will still fly. The guys in
    >>combat get the very best and that is how it should be."

    > They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with
    > their noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that
    > point, I think I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene
    > Dietricht singing "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe
    > eingestellt".

    Ah. "I am a jelly doughnut."

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 13, 2007
  10. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Tester wrote:
    >> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >>>
    >>> Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think
    >>> it was the Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes
    >>> were special made for them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a
    >>> show. We get the junkiest planes that will still fly. The guys
    >>> in combat get the very best and that is how it should be."

    >> They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with
    >> their noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that
    >> point, I think I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene
    >> Dietricht singing "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe
    >> eingestellt".

    > Never seen one of their shows that lasted for a day or two.
    > Usually more like 20 or 30 minutes. But Marlene was a bombshell.
    > So to speak.

    But Hedy Lamarr, who invented frequency-hopping, was the smart bomb.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 13, 2007
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    TJ Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Tester wrote:

    >>> They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with
    >>> their noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that
    >>> point, I think I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene
    >>> Dietricht singing "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe
    >>> eingestellt".

    >> Never seen one of their shows that lasted for a day or two.
    >> Usually more like 20 or 30 minutes. But Marlene was a bombshell.
    >> So to speak.

    > But Hedy Lamarr, who invented frequency-hopping, was the smart bomb.

    That's HEDLEY!

    TJ, Nov 13, 2007
  12. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Tester wrote:

    >>> They might be fun for a day or two but if I have to live with
    >>> their noise over my city for all of fleet week, then at that
    >>> point, I think I prefer "The Blue Angel" which has Marlene
    >>> Dietricht singing "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe
    >>> eingestellt".

    >> Never seen one of their shows that lasted for a day or two.
    >> Usually more like 20 or 30 minutes. But Marlene was a bombshell.
    >> So to speak.

    > But Hedy Lamarr, who invented frequency-hopping, was the smart bomb.

    I know a guy who knew her. He was involved in all that torpedo jamming
    crap. He still has the highest regards for her, and by extension, I do
    too. He has done some things that are amazing to this day. And fucking
    Intel takes credit for his work. Burns me up.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 14, 2007
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:

    > If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >
    > http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >
    > Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it was the
    > Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were special made for
    > them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    > planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    > that is how it should be."

    Not bad, but check this one out:-
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVzMFhb8DfQ

    Aardvark, Nov 14, 2007
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    olfart Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:14:22 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> If you appreciate things that go zoom:
    >>
    >> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13a_1194398641
    >>
    >> Footnote, I saw the flight commander on TV one night, I think it was the
    >> Daily Show and Stewart asked him if their planes were special made for
    >> them. He said "Oh no, we're just doing a show. We get the junkiest
    >> planes that will still fly. The guys in combat get the very best and
    >> that is how it should be."

    > Not bad, but check this one out:-
    > http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVzMFhb8DfQ

    Back in the 1950's I watched the airshow at Andrews AFB. In addition to the
    Blue Angels there was a South Korean team flying the F86. When it came to
    dangerous manuvers they made the Angels look pitiful. They really put on a
    "scary" display alot of which was over or right in front of the stands. Alot
    of the spectators ran for cover before it was over.

    olfart, Nov 14, 2007
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote:

    >Back in the 1950's I watched the airshow at Andrews AFB. In addition to the
    >Blue Angels there was a South Korean team flying the F86. When it came to
    >dangerous manuvers they made the Angels look pitiful. They really put on a
    >"scary" display alot of which was over or right in front of the stands. Alot
    >of the spectators ran for cover before it was over.

    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :}
    http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

    --

    Guy who wasn't frisked, shoots himself.
    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=82uqb7l&s=1

    , Nov 14, 2007
  16. wrote:
    > "olfart" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Back in the 1950's I watched the airshow at Andrews AFB. In addition to the
    >> Blue Angels there was a South Korean team flying the F86. When it came to
    >> dangerous manuvers they made the Angels look pitiful. They really put on a
    >> "scary" display alot of which was over or right in front of the stands. Alot
    >> of the spectators ran for cover before it was over.

    > It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :}
    > http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

    That pic is sort of true, but the fact is the plane was out of control
    and headed for the ground. If I was the pilot, I would have done the
    same thing. Why die because your machine was going in?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 14, 2007
  17. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:35:38 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "olfart" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Back in the 1950's I watched the airshow at Andrews AFB. In addition to the
    >>> Blue Angels there was a South Korean team flying the F86. When it came to
    >>> dangerous manuvers they made the Angels look pitiful. They really put on a
    >>> "scary" display alot of which was over or right in front of the stands. Alot
    >>> of the spectators ran for cover before it was over.

    >> It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :}
    >> http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

    >That pic is sort of true, but the fact is the plane was out of control
    >and headed for the ground. If I was the pilot, I would have done the
    >same thing. Why die because your machine was going in?

    They used to have an air show at Forbes Field every year and I went every chance
    I got. Got to see some *really* cool stuff. Grass stains on wingtips...the
    Stealth bomber and fighter, the B1-B, the Apache, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels,
    Snowbirds, the Warthogs, the Harriers, the Lockheed Connie, the Mustangs.... I
    loved the Mustangs. And the sound of the Hercules.

    Mara, Nov 15, 2007
  18. Mara wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:35:38 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt :}
    >>> http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

    >> That pic is sort of true, but the fact is the plane was out of control
    >> and headed for the ground. If I was the pilot, I would have done the
    >> same thing. Why die because your machine was going in?

    > They used to have an air show at Forbes Field every year and I went every chance
    > I got. Got to see some *really* cool stuff. Grass stains on wingtips...the
    > Stealth bomber and fighter, the B1-B, the Apache, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels,
    > Snowbirds, the Warthogs, the Harriers, the Lockheed Connie, the Mustangs.... I
    > loved the Mustangs. And the sound of the Hercules.

    I bet you love a good hard airman ... jeez, I can't control my typing.
    Sorry.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 15, 2007
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:22:35 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    <snip>
    >> They used to have an air show at Forbes Field every year and I went every chance
    >> I got. Got to see some *really* cool stuff. Grass stains on wingtips...the
    >> Stealth bomber and fighter, the B1-B, the Apache, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels,
    >> Snowbirds, the Warthogs, the Harriers, the Lockheed Connie, the Mustangs.... I
    >> loved the Mustangs. And the sound of the Hercules.

    >I bet you love a good hard airman ... jeez, I can't control my typing.
    >Sorry.

    Dear Sir,

    Due to holiday constraints, we regret to inform you that we can only give a
    rating of 3 out of a possible 5 for this post.

    Sincerely,
    Usenet, Inc. c/o Fluffy

    Mara, Nov 15, 2007
  20. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    olfart Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:22:35 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mara wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>> They used to have an air show at Forbes Field every year and I went
    >>> every chance
    >>> I got. Got to see some *really* cool stuff. Grass stains on
    >>> wingtips...the
    >>> Stealth bomber and fighter, the B1-B, the Apache, Thunderbirds, Blue
    >>> Angels,
    >>> Snowbirds, the Warthogs, the Harriers, the Lockheed Connie, the
    >>> Mustangs.... I
    >>> loved the Mustangs. And the sound of the Hercules.

    >>I bet you love a good hard airman ... jeez, I can't control my typing.
    >>Sorry.

    > Dear Sir,
    >
    > Due to holiday constraints, we regret to inform you that we can only give
    > rating of 3 out of a possible 5 for this post.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Usenet, Inc. c/o Fluffy

    Looked like a 9.5 to me

    olfart, Nov 15, 2007