Blu ray rip and conversion to H264 (DVD5 and/or DVD9)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Dav Tom, Dec 24, 2009.

  1. Dav Tom

    Dav Tom Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to rip and convert blu ray movies to DVD5 or DVD9 with very
    high quality (virtually with negligible difference), 5.1 audio copy,
    subtitles and possibly with a few clicks. I hope this is the correct
    newsgroup, otherwise please direct me to the correct one. Thank you very
    much for your help.

    Since I have still to buy a blu ray writer, I have no experience beyond a
    few HD movies downloaded with Bittorrent and some tutorials read on
    videohelp.com. I would appreciate suggestions about the following points
    (and any other point you feel I have missed):

    a.. Blu ray device. I would prefer high reading performances with blu ray
    movies rather that fast burning speeds as for the time being the target is
    to burn to DVD or to Hard Disk

    b.. Software available for ripping and converting. Ideally, one single
    software tool with batch features. Is there anything new (i.e. more
    efficient and/or faster) than H264?

    a.. Chosen resolution. Does usually a movie of about 2hours easily fit on
    a DVD9 with 1080p resolution and 5.1 audio (single track)? What about 720p
    and 5.1 audio (single track) on a DVD5? In case a DVD5 has to be used, is it
    usually better to go for a 720P resolution rather than 1080p?

    a.. I have Windows XP with 3 GB RAM, CPU Athlon 64 X2 6400. I know that
    with this CPU the conversion will take several hours (do you have any
    estimation/figures?). However, apart from the CPU (the faster the better),
    would you suggest to upgrade to Windows 7 64bit with more RAM?

    Again, many thanks.

    Regards,

    Dav
    Dav Tom, Dec 24, 2009

  2. Dav Tom

    Guest

    To convert Blu-ray to H.264 videos, I use Aunsoft Blu-ray video converter ultimate. It is a package software of blu-ray ripper/ dvd ripper and video converter. It converts blu-ray, dvd and many video and audio formats to various foramts and HD formats including HD H.264 videos. What's more, it is inback to school big sale and gives 10% off. I think is worth the price.
    , Aug 19, 2013