Blu-Ray Movie Packaging?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Allan, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Allan

    Allan Guest

    Allan, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Allan

    Alpha Guest

    Alpha, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Allan

    Allan Guest

    >"Allan" <> wrote in message
    >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301860.html
    >>

    >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301862.html

    >I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
    >break.

    One more:

    http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301854.html

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    Allan, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Allan

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Allan

    Goro Guest

    Alpha wrote:
    > "Allan" <> wrote in message
    > > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301860.html
    > >

    > > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301862.html

    > I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
    > break.

    I agree that it's another annoying piece of marketting-babble-speak.
    BUT, I would make the slight case that 1080p IS beyond what is
    currently marketed as HD, which is 720p or 1080i.

    Of course, then you ask yourself, "Do I have a TV with 1080p inputs?"

    The answer is "no" of course, since almost ALL the 1080p HDTVs do NOT
    have 1080p inputs, not even teh new Sony SXRDs, which they'd ostensibly
    market to accompnay BluRay. *sigh*

    -goro-
    Goro, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Allan

    Goro Guest

    Allan wrote:
    > >"Allan" <> wrote in message
    > >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301860.html
    > >>

    > >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301862.html

    > >I love how it says "beyond high definition" on the package. Give me a
    > >break.
    > >

    > One more:
    >
    > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301854.html

    I'd prefer to see it side-by-side with an amaray case. Let's hope that
    this new Ultra-Amaray(?) case is standard and that it's not all
    HD-Digipacks or some such.

    the case looks taller and wider than DVD cases and the same thickness.

    -goro-
    Goro, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Allan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Allan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301860.html
    >

    > http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301862.html

    Great...we go from laserdisc with nice big pictures and room for text
    down to DVD with less, down to an HD version with even less. I'm sure
    there won't be many inserts, either.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "Man, I thought Ultimate Robot Fighting was real,
    Jeff Rife, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Allan

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:32:31 -0500, Jeff Rife <> Gave us:

    >Allan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301860.html
    >>

    >> http://media.gear.ign.com/articles/679/679365/img_3301862.html

    >Great...we go from laserdisc with nice big pictures and room for text
    >down to DVD with less, down to an HD version with even less. I'm sure
    >there won't be many inserts, either.

    "WE" don't go anywhere. I ain't buying into that CRAP.

    Lack of informational inserts is way up there on my "Lame
    production" list.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Jan 6, 2006