    JUST FOR YOU! And you know what? People there will love to agree and
    disagree with you! So why do you bother us people with your format
    war? Take it where it belongs folks, please.
    Jonathan Brisby, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Jonathan Brisby

    Mark Jones Guest

    Jonathan Brisby wrote:
    > Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    > info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    > and BBS ?

    Because these are all digital video disk issues, regardless of the
    specific technology.
    Mark Jones, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Jonathan Brisby wrote:
    > Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    > info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    > and BBS ? Every time a new statistic for the day comes out, real or
    > not, I have to see some post and then another thirty retorts from
    > haters. Hey guess what? There are newsgroups, forums and BBS out there
    > JUST FOR YOU! And you know what? People there will love to agree and
    > disagree with you! So why do you bother us people with your format
    > war? Take it where it belongs folks, please.

    Don't look at me, man. I'm just trying to keep folks honest. If someone
    starts spouting some jive about how HD-DVD is OBVIOUSLY going to win
    this (stupid, pointless) format war, I'll call them on it, too.

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein
    Geena Phillips, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Jonathan Brisby

    Neck & Red Guest

    "Jonathan Brisby" <> wrote in message
    > Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    > info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    > and BBS ? Every time a new statistic for the day comes out, real or
    > not, I have to see some post and then another thirty retorts from
    > haters. Hey guess what? There are newsgroups, forums and BBS out there
    > JUST FOR YOU! And you know what? People there will love to agree and
    > disagree with you! So why do you bother us people with your format
    > war? Take it where it belongs folks, please.

    I think most people hate Blu-Ray simply because most everyone hates the
    Playstation 3, but those who love Blu-Ray love it only because they have a
    Playstation 3 so they will defend it until the bitter end.

    There's really no reason to hate HD-DVD..it just works and everyone is
    adopting it...except for Sony of course.
    Neck & Red, Jan 23, 2007
  5. Jonathan Brisby

    GMAN Guest

    In article <Cchth.14274$>, "Neck & Red" <> wrote:

    >"Jonathan Brisby" <> wrote in message
    >> Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    >> info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    >> and BBS ? Every time a new statistic for the day comes out, real or
    >> not, I have to see some post and then another thirty retorts from
    >> haters. Hey guess what? There are newsgroups, forums and BBS out there
    >> JUST FOR YOU! And you know what? People there will love to agree and
    >> disagree with you! So why do you bother us people with your format
    >> war? Take it where it belongs folks, please.

    >I think most people hate Blu-Ray simply because most everyone hates the
    >Playstation 3, but those who love Blu-Ray love it only because they have a
    >Playstation 3 so they will defend it until the bitter end.

    Where the hell do you get off making the claim everyone hates the PS3?

    >There's really no reason to hate HD-DVD..it just works and everyone is
    >adopting it...except for Sony of course.

    Try again, everyone else is adopting blu ray except for Toshiba and microsoft.
    GMAN, Jan 23, 2007
  6. Jonathan Brisby

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:28:18 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    <> Gave us:

    >Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    >info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    >and BBS ?

    THERE IS NO BBS HERE, you stupid FUCKTARD!

    Usenet is the ONLY FORUM.

    Also, HD DVD as well as BluTurd ARE DVD formats, dipshit.

    There is no need for dedicated groups for them.

    So **** OFF!
    MassiveProng, Jan 23, 2007
  7. Jonathan Brisby

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:28:18 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    <> Gave us:

    > Take it where it belongs folks, please.

    It isn't for you to say what does or does not belong, you fucking
    retarded dipshit.

    **** OFF, Puhleeze!

    Bwuahahahahahaa!
    MassiveProng, Jan 23, 2007
  8. Jonathan Brisby

    Guest

    Neck & Red wrote:
    > I think most people hate Blu-Ray simply because most everyone hates the
    > Playstation 3, but those who love Blu-Ray love it only because they have a
    > Playstation 3 so they will defend it until the bitter end.

    No, people don't hate Blu-ray, they hate *Sony*. Hating blu-ray just
    comes as part of that larger package. Sony are arrogant control-freaks
    who obsessively push draconian DRM schemes (to the point of putting
    dangerous rootkits on peoples' computers when they try to play Sony
    CD's).

    No one wants Sony to win for the same reason that no one wanted DIVX to
    win back in the day. Give them control, and they will immediately start
    twisting our arms with DRM schemes like requiring an internet
    connection every time you view a movie, requiring you to register your
    Blu-ray player with them and register all your movies before you can
    watch them, requiring firmware updates to prevent bootlegs and region
    coding workarounds, etc.

    -Eric
    , Jan 23, 2007
  9. Jonathan Brisby

    Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > No, people don't hate Blu-ray, they hate *Sony*.

    =====================
    sorry, "most" people don't hate either.
    Most people don't really care one way or the other.
    Richard C., Jan 23, 2007
  10. Jonathan Brisby

    Mark Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > Neck & Red wrote:
    >> I think most people hate Blu-Ray simply because most everyone hates
    >> the Playstation 3, but those who love Blu-Ray love it only because
    >> they have a Playstation 3 so they will defend it until the bitter
    >> end.

    > No, people don't hate Blu-ray, they hate *Sony*.

    Sony may have some questionable tactics when it comes to
    movies and cds, but they certainly make some good hardware.
    The best monitor that I have ever owned is the 20" Sony
    LCD monitor that I am using right now.
    Mark Jones, Jan 24, 2007
  11. Jonathan Brisby

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:38:28 GMT, "Mark Jones"
    <> Gave us:

    > wrote:
    >> Neck & Red wrote:
    >>> I think most people hate Blu-Ray simply because most everyone hates
    >>> the Playstation 3, but those who love Blu-Ray love it only because
    >>> they have a Playstation 3 so they will defend it until the bitter
    >>> end.

    >> No, people don't hate Blu-ray, they hate *Sony*.

    >Sony may have some questionable tactics when it comes to
    >movies and cds, but they certainly make some good hardware.
    >The best monitor that I have ever owned is the 20" Sony
    >LCD monitor that I am using right now.

    My 32" Viewsonic HD beats it ten times over!
    MassiveProng, Jan 24, 2007
  12. Jonathan Brisby

    TDK-R Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 02:42:34 -0800, MassiveProng
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:28:18 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    ><> Gave us:
    >
    >>Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    >>info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    >>and BBS ?

    > THERE IS NO BBS HERE, you stupid FUCKTARD!
    >
    > Usenet is the ONLY FORUM.
    >
    > Also, HD DVD as well as BluTurd ARE DVD formats, dipshit.
    >
    > There is no need for dedicated groups for them.
    >
    > So **** OFF!

    HAHAHAHAHAHA Think before you speak man, he didn't say this was a BBS,
    and Usenet is not the only forum, try typing forum into Google and see
    what you get.

    I agree with Jonathan. There are lots of HD and Blu places out there
    for hate. It doesn't belong here.
    TDK-R, Jan 24, 2007
  13. Jonathan Brisby

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:37:07 -0500, TDK-R <???@?????.com> Gave us:

    >On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 02:42:34 -0800, MassiveProng
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:28:18 GMT, Jonathan Brisby
    >><> Gave us:
    >>
    >>>Why is it that people who support Blu-ray or HD-DVD and hate the other
    >>>info have pour out their crap in our (non HD) DVD newsgroups, forums
    >>>and BBS ?

    >> THERE IS NO BBS HERE, you stupid FUCKTARD!
    >>
    >> Usenet is the ONLY FORUM.
    >>
    >> Also, HD DVD as well as BluTurd ARE DVD formats, dipshit.
    >>
    >> There is no need for dedicated groups for them.
    >>
    >> So **** OFF!

    >HAHAHAHAHAHA Think before you speak man, he didn't say this was a BBS,
    >and Usenet is not the only forum, try typing forum into Google and see
    >what you get.
    >
    >I agree with Jonathan. There are lots of HD and Blu places out there
    >for hate. It doesn't belong here.

    You're both fucking retarded.

    As I said NONE of the groups in this thread are from or for
    anybody's FuckTarded BBS, and that IS what the twit said, you stupid
    ****.
    MassiveProng, Jan 24, 2007
  14. Oh my! Such a mouth on this one! But yes TDK_R you are right and as
    for MassiveProng he doesn't seem to be consistant or even care, he's
    just trying to get a rise out of people, so I'm not going to read more
    his posts.

    Jonathan Brisby, Jan 24, 2007
  15. Jonathan Brisby

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    wrote:

    > No, people don't hate Blu-ray, they hate *Sony*. Hating blu-ray just
    > comes as part of that larger package. Sony are arrogant control-freaks
    > who obsessively push draconian DRM schemes (to the point of putting
    > dangerous rootkits on peoples' computers when they try to play Sony
    > CD's).

    Both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray have the same stupid DRM on them, so why not hate
    HD-DVD as well?

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, Jan 24, 2007
  16. Jonathan Brisby

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    MassiveProng <> wrote:

    > As I said NONE of the groups in this thread are from or for
    > anybody's FuckTarded BBS, and that IS what the twit said, you stupid
    > ****.

    You absolutely positive about that? Because many BBS's have the ability
    to interface with usenet. This causes some confusion if users aren't
    aware of this feature, and suddenly start saying "this bbs" when it's
    getting posted to a usenet group...

    After all, you've been wrong about just about every other time you've
    posted here, so it wouldn't be like this was the first thing you were
    wrong about.

    Doug Jacobs, Jan 24, 2007
  17. Jonathan Brisby

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:48:19 -0000, Doug Jacobs
    <> Gave us:

    >MassiveProng <> wrote:
    >
    >> As I said NONE of the groups in this thread are from or for
    >> anybody's FuckTarded BBS, and that IS what the twit said, you stupid
    >> ****.

    >You absolutely positive about that? Because many BBS's have the ability
    >to interface with usenet.

    Perhaps, BUT Usenet is not now, nor has it ever been a fucking
    bulletin board.

    Maybe one day you will get it.

    It was a retarded remark, and you backing the tard up says a lot
    about what little you know about it as well.

    > This causes some confusion if users aren't
    >aware of this feature, and suddenly start saying "this bbs" when it's
    >getting posted to a usenet group...

    I don't need a primer. A ran a BBS and provided subscribers with
    access many years ago. They, however, had half a brain, and were
    aware of the difference between their BBS access, and their Usenet
    access.

    D' OH!

    >After all, you've been wrong about just about every other time you've
    >posted here, so it wouldn't be like this was the first thing you were
    >wrong about.

    You're full of shit. EVery post you have made thus far proves that
    your eyes are brown, and that a foul stench emanates from your ears,
    shithead.
    MassiveProng, Jan 25, 2007