    Blu-ray Disc to guard against mass production piracy or the mass
    duplication and sale of unauthorized copies of pre-recorded media.
    Full story at http://www.physorg.com/news5725.html

    RichA, Aug 11, 2005

  2. RichA

    Alpha Guest

    These announcements are contradictory. Just how is the first sentence
    accomplished? I see no specification there!

    Alpha, Aug 11, 2005

  3. RichA

    Allan Guest

    "How about not posting any more "non-stories" about it?
    Wait until something actually happens instead of posting the
    latest in endless speculation about the two formats. All these
    stories are beginning to sound the same. All we don't need is for
    some mindless business journalist to bore us to DEATH with another
    rehash of the beta versus VHS battle. Yawn.
    -Rich"

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    Allan, Aug 11, 2005
  4. RichA

    Alpha Guest

    "Allan" <> wrote in message
    > "How about not posting any more "non-stories" about it?
    > Wait until something actually happens instead of posting the
    > latest in endless speculation about the two formats. All these
    > stories are beginning to sound the same. All we don't need is for
    > some mindless business journalist to bore us to DEATH with another
    > rehash of the beta versus VHS battle. Yawn.

    <EG>

    Alpha, Aug 11, 2005