    what parts of blowfish that twofish has inherited.

    I've searched the net for some time now with no luck. Hope some of you is
    able to lead me in the right direction.

    BB, Dec 15, 2004

  2. In article <cpp9c0$2ivm$>, on Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:06:19 +0100, "BB"
    <> wrote:

    | Hi,
    | I'm studying the twofish algorithm and is trying to analyze the differences
    | between blowfish and twofish. Twofish is designed by the same company as
    | blowfish and should be based on blowfish. I can see the structural
    | differences in the algorithm and to some point understand the differences in
    | the implementations of the two algorithms. What I really need though is some
    | official research of the differences between the two and some insight into
    | what parts of blowfish that twofish has inherited.
    |
    | I've searched the net for some time now with no luck. Hope some of you is
    | able to lead me in the right direction.

    Read these and follow the links in them:
    <http://www.tropsoft.com/strongenc/blowfish.htm>
    <http://www.tropsoft.com/strongenc/twofish.htm>
    <http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html>
    <http://www.schneier.com/twofish.html>

    HTH

    <davidp />

    --
    David Postill

    David Postill, Dec 15, 2004

  3. BB

    Richard Guest

    > I've searched the net for some time now with no luck. Hope some of you
    > is able to lead me in the right direction.

    Try posting to the sci.crypt newsgroup. Thoese geeks will probably be able
    to help you with the more technical side to algorithms.

    --
    Visit my computer security website
    http://computer-security.no-ip.info

    Richard, Dec 23, 2004