    ages to load over dsl...

    http://www.xtraplans.co.nz/

    Why don't they just do a simple text faq?

    whome, Oct 10, 2006

  2. whome

    steve Guest

    whome wrote:

    > My connection is overcap, so their flashy webpage with fancy graphics
    > takes ages to load over dsl...
    >
    > http://www.xtraplans.co.nz/
    >
    > Why don't they just do a simple text faq?

    Why don't you use an ISP who doesn't throttle your download speed when over
    your quota?

    It's easy enough to do.

    :)

    steve, Oct 11, 2006

  3. whome

    Vista Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message
    > My connection is overcap, so their flashy webpage with fancy graphics
    > takes ages to load over dsl...
    >
    > http://www.xtraplans.co.nz/
    >
    > Why don't they just do a simple text faq?

    Haven't you got anything better to complain about. It was you who went over
    your quota, why not use an ISP who automatically bill you when you need more
    bandwidth

    Vista, Oct 11, 2006
  4. whome

    whome Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > "whome" <> wrote in message
    >> My connection is overcap, so their flashy webpage with fancy graphics
    >> takes ages to load over dsl...
    >>
    >> http://www.xtraplans.co.nz/
    >>
    >> Why don't they just do a simple text faq?
    >>

    > Haven't you got anything better to complain about. It was you who went
    > over your quota, why not use an ISP who automatically bill you when you
    > need more bandwidth

    Point being that webpages are too bloated.

    Good webdesign should cater for slow and fast connections.

    whome, Oct 11, 2006
  5. whome

    Vista Guest

    "whome" <> wrote in message

    > "Vista" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "whome" <> wrote in message
    >>> My connection is overcap, so their flashy webpage with fancy graphics
    >>> takes ages to load over dsl...
    >>>
    >>> http://www.xtraplans.co.nz/
    >>>
    >>> Why don't they just do a simple text faq?
    >>>

    >> Haven't you got anything better to complain about. It was you who went
    >> over your quota, why not use an ISP who automatically bill you when you
    >> need more bandwidth
    >>

    > Point being that webpages are too bloated.
    >
    > Good webdesign should cater for slow and fast connections.

    Their current plans can be found at
    http://www.telecom.co.nz/chm/0,8763,203071-202469,00.html?nv=tpd . Once the
    new plans come in, they would update this page.
    One reason they do it in flash, would be intentionally to frustrate dial up
    users, to upgrade to broadband, as the flash advertising page loads up very
    fast with a broadband connection.

    Vista, Oct 12, 2006