Bloody Orcon is refusing to cancel my account

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Test, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Test

    Test Guest

    I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account. I've
    had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month for worse
    than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these people to claim
    I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get their stupid usage
    meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw for me was this new UBS
    speeds of service conditions.

    Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard service
    for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my credit card
    accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging me. Hell, I'm going
    to take them to court!



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Test, Feb 22, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Test

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Test wrote:
    > I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account. I've
    > had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month for worse
    > than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these people to claim
    > I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get their stupid usage
    > meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw for me was this new UBS
    > speeds of service conditions.
    >
    > Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    > cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard service
    > for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my credit card
    > accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging me. Hell, I'm going
    > to take them to court!
    >
    >
    >
    > ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----


    Try telling them you refuse to accept there new terms and see what they
    do - I don't think they can force them on you if you choose not to
    accept them


    --
    Chris Mayhew, Feb 22, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Test

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Are the speeds really that bad???????

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > Test wrote:
    >
    >> I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account.
    >> I've had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month
    >> for worse than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these
    >> people to claim I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get
    >> their stupid usage meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw
    >> for me was this new UBS speeds of service conditions.
    >>
    >> Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    >> cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard
    >> service for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my
    >> credit card accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging
    >> me. Hell, I'm going to take them to court!
    >>
    >>
    >> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
    >> News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >> =----

    >
    >
    > Try telling them you refuse to accept there new terms and see what they
    > do - I don't think they can force them on you if you choose not to
    > accept them
    >
    >
    Benji Thorn, Feb 22, 2005
    #3
  4. Test

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Are the speeds really that bad???????

    a friend of mine who has UBS said he was getting 900 Ping times
    me on jetstream getting 60. you be the judge


    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >> Test wrote:
    >>
    >>> I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account.
    >>> I've had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month
    >>> for worse than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these
    >>> people to claim I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get
    >>> their stupid usage meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw
    >>> for me was this new UBS speeds of service conditions.
    >>>
    >>> Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    >>> cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard
    >>> service for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my credit
    >>> card accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging me. Hell,
    >>> I'm going to take them to court!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
    >>> News==----
    >>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >>> Newsgroups
    >>> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >>> =----

    >>
    >>
    >> Try telling them you refuse to accept there new terms and see what they
    >> do - I don't think they can force them on you if you choose not to accept
    >> them
    >>
    Krazy Bob, Feb 22, 2005
    #4
  5. Test

    Benji Thorn Guest

    I don't game so latency does not bother me, what about download speeds...

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>Are the speeds really that bad???????

    >
    > a friend of mine who has UBS said he was getting 900 Ping times
    > me on jetstream getting 60. you be the judge
    >
    >
    >
    >>Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >>
    >>>Test wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account.
    >>>>I've had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month
    >>>>for worse than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these
    >>>>people to claim I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get
    >>>>their stupid usage meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw
    >>>>for me was this new UBS speeds of service conditions.
    >>>>
    >>>>Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    >>>>cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard
    >>>>service for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my credit
    >>>>card accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging me. Hell,
    >>>>I'm going to take them to court!
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
    >>>>News==----
    >>>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >>>>Newsgroups
    >>>>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >>>>=----
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Try telling them you refuse to accept there new terms and see what they
    >>>do - I don't think they can force them on you if you choose not to accept
    >>>them
    >>>

    >
    >
    Benji Thorn, Feb 22, 2005
    #5
  6. Test

    Test Guest

    "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I don't game so latency does not bother me, what about download speeds...


    Depends on what you're downloading but it is not consistent. I downloaded a
    movie from some physics website that had two galaxies colliding. It was a
    22mb file and I was getting 7k/s. My friend who has UBS with iHUG was
    getting full 30+k/s.



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Test, Feb 22, 2005
    #6
  7. Test

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Ahhhhh I see what you mean, that is utter crap!

    We use Paradise cable and well don't wanna brag but it has never been
    anything but top speed all the way :)

    2mb/sec :)

    Test wrote:
    > "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>I don't game so latency does not bother me, what about download speeds...

    >
    >
    > Depends on what you're downloading but it is not consistent. I downloaded a
    > movie from some physics website that had two galaxies colliding. It was a
    > 22mb file and I was getting 7k/s. My friend who has UBS with iHUG was
    > getting full 30+k/s.
    >
    >
    >
    > ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Benji Thorn, Feb 22, 2005
    #7
  8. Test

    Steve Guest

    "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    news:421b112a$...
    > Ahhhhh I see what you mean, that is utter crap!
    >
    > We use Paradise cable and well don't wanna brag but it has never been
    > anything but top speed all the way :)
    >
    > 2mb/sec :)
    >
    > Test wrote:
    >> "Benji Thorn" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>
    >>>I don't game so latency does not bother me, what about download speeds...

    >>
    >>
    >> Depends on what you're downloading but it is not consistent. I downloaded
    >> a movie from some physics website that had two galaxies colliding. It was
    >> a 22mb file and I was getting 7k/s. My friend who has UBS with iHUG was
    >> getting full 30+k/s. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com -
    >> Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    >> Newsgroups
    >> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    >> =----

    >


    As of about a week ago http and ftp have been at full speed for me and at
    least a few others on the Orcon forums. However, reports indicate that if
    you try using any sort of P2P app it'll be deader than a really dead thing,
    unless you experiment with port settings. Latency has never been an issue
    for me, through this whole mess I've had the same ping times on local
    servers (I don't game on overseas servers).
    Can't complain about email, but news is absolutely nerfed. Sub 5k downloads
    from the server seem to be the norm. Not too much of a bother for me (I only
    read 3 groups) but I can see how people subscribed to a lot of groups would
    be pretty pissed.
    Well, that's the current state of things for me. I can't speak for others
    but at this time I'm semi-happy. Still, I can't wait until Orcon get this
    new bandwidth and 'un-nerf' all the services that are currently throttled.

    Cheers.



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Steve, Feb 22, 2005
    #8
  9. Matthew Poole wrote:
    >>Ahhhhh I see what you mean, that is utter crap!
    >>We use Paradise cable and well don't wanna brag but it has never been
    >>anything but top speed all the way :)
    >>2mb/sec :)


    > For now. I hear you guys are losing your traffic differential. That's
    > gotta suck. Particularly since it's likely to be accompanied by route
    > changes that will send NZ traffic through Aus.


    thats what they get for not peering.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005
    #9
  10. In article <421b112a$>, Benji Thorn <> wrote:
    >Ahhhhh I see what you mean, that is utter crap!
    >
    >We use Paradise cable and well don't wanna brag but it has never been
    >anything but top speed all the way :)
    >
    >2mb/sec :)
    >

    *SNIP*

    For now. I hear you guys are losing your traffic differential. That's
    gotta suck. Particularly since it's likely to be accompanied by route
    changes that will send NZ traffic through Aus.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...
    I came, I saw, I stuck around"

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Feb 22, 2005
    #10
  11. Test

    Starkey Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:20:44 +1300, "Test" <> wrote:

    >I rang up Orcon and demanded an immediate cancellation of my account. I've
    >had enough of this complete farce. I've been paying $50 per month for worse
    >than a dial up service. Can you believe the nerve of these people to claim
    >I'd downloaded 80gb of data?!?!?! They can't even get their stupid usage
    >meters to add numbers up correctly. The last straw for me was this new UBS
    >speeds of service conditions.
    >
    >Anyways they told me that I'd have to wait for 30 days before they can
    >cancel my account. Why the hell should I put up with a sub-standard service
    >for 30 days and pay full price for it?! I will cancel my credit card
    >accounts if I have to prevent these people from charging me. Hell, I'm going
    >to take them to court!
    >
    >
    >
    >----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    >http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----


    well they better damn well cancel mine ive already moved to xtra 2mbit
    service.
    Starkey, Feb 22, 2005
    #11
  12. Test

    Mike_P Guest

    >
    > As of about a week ago http and ftp have been at full speed for me and at
    > least a few others on the Orcon forums. However, reports indicate that if
    > you try using any sort of P2P app it'll be deader than a really dead
    > thing, unless you experiment with port settings. Latency has never been an
    > issue for me, through this whole mess I've had the same ping times on
    > local servers (I don't game on overseas servers).
    > Can't complain about email, but news is absolutely nerfed. Sub 5k
    > downloads from the server seem to be the norm. Not too much of a bother
    > for me (I only read 3 groups) but I can see how people subscribed to a lot
    > of groups would be pretty pissed.
    > Well, that's the current state of things for me. I can't speak for others
    > but at this time I'm semi-happy. Still, I can't wait until Orcon get this
    > new bandwidth and 'un-nerf' all the services that are currently throttled.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Do you really think that is going to happen ?, I mean they have been telling
    us this since early January... how long does it really take to provision
    additional bandwidth ?.
    And now they have simply changed their TOS to incorporate the crap service
    they are providing, however I would suspect that given the statements they
    make about their 'Bitstream' product on the sign-up pages, they may struggle
    to get these TOS's to hold any water in court. For example: 256k downloads,
    Unlimited Usage, No slowdown, Low Latency, Low Jitter & 'Enjoy fast
    downloads, no delays and no risk' etc, etc.

    TOS's aside, one could argue that 256K downloads are the exception rather
    than the rule, and then only via HTTP & FTP. Try and download NNTP headers
    and you will quickly find you do not 'enjoy fast downloads with no delays',
    nor do you have a connection that is 4-8 times faster than dial-up (another
    of the Sign-up page claims) but in fact it could be argued is 4-8 times
    slower !. P2P apps such as Azureus and WinMX are useless if not dead because
    of throttled service being provided.

    And as for the low latency claim...!

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Feb 22, 2005
    #12
  13. Test

    Steve Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > >
    >> As of about a week ago http and ftp have been at full speed for me and at
    >> least a few others on the Orcon forums. However, reports indicate that if
    >> you try using any sort of P2P app it'll be deader than a really dead
    >> thing, unless you experiment with port settings. Latency has never been
    >> an issue for me, through this whole mess I've had the same ping times on
    >> local servers (I don't game on overseas servers).
    >> Can't complain about email, but news is absolutely nerfed. Sub 5k
    >> downloads from the server seem to be the norm. Not too much of a bother
    >> for me (I only read 3 groups) but I can see how people subscribed to a
    >> lot of groups would be pretty pissed.
    >> Well, that's the current state of things for me. I can't speak for others
    >> but at this time I'm semi-happy. Still, I can't wait until Orcon get this
    >> new bandwidth and 'un-nerf' all the services that are currently
    >> throttled.
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    > Do you really think that is going to happen ?, I mean they have been
    > telling us this since early January... how long does it really take to
    > provision additional bandwidth ?.
    > And now they have simply changed their TOS to incorporate the crap service
    > they are providing, however I would suspect that given the statements they
    > make about their 'Bitstream' product on the sign-up pages, they may
    > struggle to get these TOS's to hold any water in court. For example: 256k
    > downloads, Unlimited Usage, No slowdown, Low Latency, Low Jitter & 'Enjoy
    > fast downloads, no delays and no risk' etc, etc.
    >
    > TOS's aside, one could argue that 256K downloads are the exception rather
    > than the rule, and then only via HTTP & FTP. Try and download NNTP headers
    > and you will quickly find you do not 'enjoy fast downloads with no
    > delays', nor do you have a connection that is 4-8 times faster than
    > dial-up (another of the Sign-up page claims) but in fact it could be
    > argued is 4-8 times slower !. P2P apps such as Azureus and WinMX are
    > useless if not dead because of throttled service being provided.
    >
    > And as for the low latency claim...!
    >
    > Mike_P
    >
    >
    >
    >



    Well this was posted in the Orcon forums on the 9th Feb. I'm prepared to
    give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as the deadline passes. I
    mean, if Orcon have been telling the truth (and so far I have no reason to
    believe they aren't) then all these delays have been the fault of other
    parties.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The limiting factor now is our International capacity which has been
    upgraded to pretty much the maximum that existing circuits will cope with.
    We are now waiting for a 100Meg circuit from Vector and MCI that was
    supposed to be delivered in December. Their indications are that we are at
    the most 3 weeks away from having this circuit.
    However, in the meantime, I am doing everything in my power to get
    additional International capacity. I have been on the phone for a
    significant portion of this morning yelling at Vector and MCI people, and
    I'm now looking at pulling in traffic over the APE (Auckland Peering
    Exchange), or any other method that will speed things up.

    Cheers
    Seeby

    MD Orcon Internet
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Oh, and I was just giving my 2c in the last post. No need to get angry at me
    (as well as restating to me things I'd already said).

    Cheers.



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Steve, Feb 22, 2005
    #13
  14. Test

    Mike_P Guest

    >
    > Oh, and I was just giving my 2c in the last post. No need to get angry at
    > me (as well as restating to me things I'd already said).
    >
    > Cheers.
    >


    Angry ?, I was just engaging in a conversation with you and posing a
    question... "Do you really think it is going to get better, given that they
    have now changed their TOS to 'legitimise' the service you, and the rest of
    us, are currently receiving".?

    Would one of these help :) ?

    I'm a long time Orcon user and supporter, and like you I have been prepared
    to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to get things fixed.

    However you have to be concerned when rather than fix it they have
    drastically throttled all services except for HTTP & FTP and changed their
    TOS to ensure that you legally agree the service you are receiving now is
    acceptable to you.!

    I for one am starting to wonder if I am ever again going to receive the
    'Unlimited' and 'Unthrottled' service I was originally promised.

    Mike_P
    Mike_P, Feb 22, 2005
    #14
  15. Test

    Mutlley Guest

    Benji Thorn <> wrote:

    >I don't game so latency does not bother me, what about download speeds...
    >


    Seem good since the weekend. NNTP news header download is now the
    pits. Slower than dialup.. On a par now with P2P
    Mutlley, Feb 22, 2005
    #15
  16. Test

    Steve Guest

    "Mike_P" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > >
    >> Oh, and I was just giving my 2c in the last post. No need to get angry at
    >> me (as well as restating to me things I'd already said).
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >>

    >
    > Angry ?, I was just engaging in a conversation with you and posing a
    > question... "Do you really think it is going to get better, given that
    > they have now changed their TOS to 'legitimise' the service you, and the
    > rest of us, are currently receiving".?
    >


    Fair enough. I read into your message a tone that obviously wasn't there.

    > Would one of these help :) ?
    >
    > I'm a long time Orcon user and supporter, and like you I have been
    > prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for them to get
    > things fixed.
    >
    > However you have to be concerned when rather than fix it they have
    > drastically throttled all services except for HTTP & FTP and changed their
    > TOS to ensure that you legally agree the service you are receiving now is
    > acceptable to you.!
    >
    > I for one am starting to wonder if I am ever again going to receive the
    > 'Unlimited' and 'Unthrottled' service I was originally promised.
    >
    > Mike_P
    >


    I agree with you. However they have stated the reasons for the delays. All
    I'm saying is that I'm going to give them a chance to rectify the situation
    in the stated time frame, whereas a lot of people are just crucifying them
    and jumping ship (which they have every right to do).
    If the service doesn't improve, I too will most likely be looking for a new
    provider. Although I am hesitant to do this as it means I will have to
    change email, it will most likely cost more and I will most likely have to
    pay a churn fee.

    Cheers.



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    Steve, Feb 22, 2005
    #16
  17. Test

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > If the service doesn't improve, I too will most likely be looking for a new
    > provider. Although I am hesitant to do this as it means I will have to
    > change email, it will most likely cost more and I will most likely have to
    > pay a churn fee.


    Telecom just can't lose, can they?
    -=rjh=-, Feb 23, 2005
    #17
  18. Test

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Steve wrote:
    >
    > Well this was posted in the Orcon forums on the 9th Feb. I'm prepared
    > to
    > give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as the deadline
    > passes. I
    > mean, if Orcon have been telling the truth (and so far I have no
    > reason to
    > believe they aren't) then all these delays have been the fault of
    > other
    > parties.
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --
    > The limiting factor now is our International capacity which has been
    > upgraded to pretty much the maximum that existing circuits will cope
    > with.
    > We are now waiting for a 100Meg circuit from Vector and MCI that was
    > supposed to be delivered in December. Their indications are that we
    > are at
    > the most 3 weeks away from having this circuit.
    > However, in the meantime, I am doing everything in my power to get
    > additional International capacity. I have been on the phone for a
    > significant portion of this morning yelling at Vector and MCI people,
    > and
    > I'm now looking at pulling in traffic over the APE (Auckland Peering
    > Exchange), or any other method that will speed things up.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Seeby
    >
    > MD Orcon Internet
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --

    Well, that time-line just about tallies with the deadline I've promised
    myself. End of the month, either Orcon UBS is something close to what I was
    lead to believe I was signing up for or I bail. As it's a short month I may
    give them an extra week.

    Why is Seeby "looking" at using the APE? What's to look at? He has a promise
    to his customers to keep, he shouldn't be looking at anything he should be
    doing. Spending a significant part of the morning yelling? Yeah, my years of
    research have lead me to believe *that* _always_ fixes the problem.

    They're losing customers at a rate that's gonna start hurting them soon.
    Shame really.
    --
    ~misfit~



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    ~misfit~, Feb 23, 2005
    #18
  19. Test

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:40:31 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Steve wrote:
    >>
    >> Well this was posted in the Orcon forums on the 9th Feb. I'm prepared
    >> to
    >> give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as the deadline
    >> passes. I
    >> mean, if Orcon have been telling the truth (and so far I have no
    >> reason to
    >> believe they aren't) then all these delays have been the fault of
    >> other
    >> parties.
    >>
    >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    >--
    >> The limiting factor now is our International capacity which has been
    >> upgraded to pretty much the maximum that existing circuits will cope
    >> with.
    >> We are now waiting for a 100Meg circuit from Vector and MCI that was
    >> supposed to be delivered in December. Their indications are that we
    >> are at
    >> the most 3 weeks away from having this circuit.
    >> However, in the meantime, I am doing everything in my power to get
    >> additional International capacity. I have been on the phone for a
    >> significant portion of this morning yelling at Vector and MCI people,
    >> and
    >> I'm now looking at pulling in traffic over the APE (Auckland Peering
    >> Exchange), or any other method that will speed things up.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Seeby
    >>
    >> MD Orcon Internet
    >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    >--
    >
    >Well, that time-line just about tallies with the deadline I've promised
    >myself. End of the month, either Orcon UBS is something close to what I was
    >lead to believe I was signing up for or I bail. As it's a short month I may
    >give them an extra week.
    >
    >Why is Seeby "looking" at using the APE? What's to look at? He has a promise
    >to his customers to keep, he shouldn't be looking at anything he should be
    >doing. Spending a significant part of the morning yelling? Yeah, my years of
    >research have lead me to believe *that* _always_ fixes the problem.
    >
    >They're losing customers at a rate that's gonna start hurting them soon.
    >Shame really.


    If they lose enough customers things might start looking up :)
    Bret, Feb 23, 2005
    #19
  20. Test

    EMB Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > Why is Seeby "looking" at using the APE? What's to look at? He has a promise
    > to his customers to keep, he shouldn't be looking at anything he should be
    > doing. Spending a significant part of the morning yelling? Yeah, my years of
    > research have lead me to believe *that* _always_ fixes the problem.


    Why can't Seeby do maths (even the usage meter is wrong)? Adding a
    100Mbit link will cope with the first 50 2Mbit customers running flat
    out, or maybe the first 200 of them allowing for a bit of bandwidth
    contention. He's admitted they *already* need the extra bandwidth so
    what's going to happen when the 2Mbit customers get installed? I
    sincerely hope that Orcon are ordering another 500Mbit or so *now* so
    that they don't have exactly the same problems again when the 2Mbit goes
    true UBS in the next couple of months.!


    --
    EMB
    EMB, Feb 23, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. silla

    Please, help me to cancel an AOL account

    silla, Apr 28, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,226
    slumpy
    Apr 29, 2004
  2. Carmen  Rosario

    HELP CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

    Carmen Rosario, Apr 5, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    529
  3. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    36,304
    MaxUp78
    Aug 4, 2010
  4. sherry

    how do i cancel my account ???

    sherry, Jan 22, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    2,300
    WhzzKdd
    Jan 24, 2007
  5. Chris Mayhew

    How to cancel your Orcon UBS

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 17, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    589
    Chris Mayhew
    Mar 20, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page