    Question: how can I get rid of a SetPoint popup? Reinstalling is
    useless.

    CU

    morisset, Jan 24, 2009

  2. morisset

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-01-24, morisset <> wrote:
    > Was xtra off the air Y'day 24th? Firefox couldn't get past the
    > message saying try again. Trouble was that try again wouldn't let me.
    > So closing and starting again was usless. Tried IE - same problem,
    > different words. Tried Sys Restore going back a week. Voila I am
    > cooking with oil
    >
    > Question: how can I get rid of a SetPoint popup? Reinstalling is
    > useless.

    Look, do not get angry, get even. Give your money to a small(er) ISP. If and
    ISP has 980,000 customers, they care not if one leaves. If an ISP has 980
    customers, on leaving is a might higher % of the customer base. Also the
    damage one can cause by telling others they are crap is even more damaging.

    Bottom line, they care about your problems, and try harder to ensure that
    there are none; for their customers are savy

    Gordon, Jan 25, 2009

  3. morisset

    morisset Guest

    On 25 Jan, 17:11, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2009-01-24, morisset <> wrote:> Was xtra off the air Y'day 24th? Firefox  couldn't get past the
    > > message saying try again. Trouble was that try again wouldn't let me.
    > > So closing and starting again was usless. Tried IE - same problem,
    > > different words. Tried Sys Restore going back a week. Voila I am
    > > cooking with oil

    > > Question: how can I get rid of a SetPoint popup? Reinstalling is
    > > useless.

    > Look, do not get angry, get even. Give your money to a small(er) ISP. If and
    > ISP has 980,000 customers, they care not if one leaves. If an ISP has 980
    > customers, on leaving is a might higher % of the customer base. Also the
    > damage one can cause by telling others they are crap is even more damaging.
    >
    > Bottom line, they care about your problems, and try harder to ensure that
    > there are none; for their customers are savy

    Yes I very much agree with you. Tele tech person told me on Sunday pm
    that there was a techie at our exchange (Paraparaumu) as we were
    speaking.

    I was online for a few hours on Sunday but in the afternoon I was
    adrift again. Despite what Tele says I had no emails from them but I
    could see the emails on my Vodafone MOB. The timing in my case does
    not agree with the details in Telecom's apology which came this
    morning. It reads:

    Dear Customer,

    On Saturday morning (24 January 2009) an unforeseen technical fault
    affected some Telecom customers. Broadband and Dial-Up internet
    connections were working, however you may have had problems accessing
    Xtra email, as well as some services on the Yahoo!Xtra website.

    Our technical teams worked swiftly to identify and resolve the
    problem,
    and the majority of services were restored by midday.

    We apologise if you were impacted or inconvenienced by the
    interruption.

    Sincerely,

    The Team at Telecom

    morisset, Jan 25, 2009