    My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging as
    a wind break

    Annette Kurten, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Annette Kurten

    Bullet Guest

    Nice drink of battery acid
    Bullet, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Annette Kurten

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Annette Kurten said:

    > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on my
    > east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
    > mature trees.
    > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging as
    > a wind break

    Leave it alone, it will play a small but important role in fighting off the
    greenhouse effect.
    Brian H¹©, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Annette Kurten

    philo Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

    my
    > east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
    > mature trees.
    > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

    as
    > a wind break

    If he does not cooperate about all you could do is hire someone to trim the
    branches. You may trim anything that extends onto your property.
    I am not a legal expert of course, so you may want to check your local
    regulations first!
    philo, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Annette Kurten

    Sano Guest

    - "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> - spluttered in

    > Annette Kurten said:
    >
    >> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9'
    >> and growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off.
    >> (they are on my east facing back where the sun should come up)
    >> I am too slight to remove them myself.
    >> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they
    >> will be mature trees.
    >> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    >> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the
    >> hedging as a wind break
    >> Ta>>>

    > Leave it alone, it will play a small but important role in fighting
    > off the greenhouse effect.

    As the back yard turns to mold? heh heh heh

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in
    Sano, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Annette Kurten

    ziggy Guest

    "Bullet" <> wrote in news:y-
    :

    > Nice drink of battery acid

    Then he'll have big brown crispy trees that will become unstable
    after a while and have poisoned the ground for anything else. I
    would persevere with the council, I'm pretty sure they are not
    allowed to be over a certain height, I had two the previous people
    had put in the garden and they were like triffids, they had to be
    removed. Write to them again and in the top left corner write
    'Without Prejudice' I generally find those two words on a letter of
    complaint or suchlike can work miracles! Not worth keep lopping them
    as they grow so fast. You have my sympathy.....

    ziggy
    ziggy, Jan 30, 2004
  7. Annette Kurten

    Solo Guest

    Drive some copper nails into the trunks(quietly)

    Regards Brian.

    Solo, Jan 30, 2004
  8. Annette Kurten

    Bristo Guest

    > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

    my
    > east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
    > mature trees.
    > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

    as
    > a wind break

    Look at:
    http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page4672.asp

    Bristo, Jan 30, 2004
  9. Annette Kurten

    nemo Guest

    > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

    my
    > east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
    > mature trees.
    > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

    as
    > a wind break

    Sodium Chlorate.

    Strongest herbicide known to man, woman, cat, dog, mouse, ant, microbe,
    politician or Council Officer - in order of intelligence!

    Best to dissolve it and water it in when he's out. If he sees the powder on
    the soil around the trees he'll realise what's happening and get you charged
    with Criminal Damage. Trees do have quiet a large capital value.

    Trouble is it poisons the ground for years afterwards - but I don't suppose
    you're too bothered by that! :eek:)

    There's also a law known as Ancient Lights but I think it's more to do with
    a new building taking light away from an existing one.

    Try going to a Citizens' Advice Bureau or Law Centre or the equivalents
    where you are.

    If the trees are overhanging your fence and you're in the UK, in law you're
    perfectly entitled to cut the overhanging branches back to the boundary.

    Hope this helps,

    Nemo

    PS: However slight you are, you could always hire a chainsaw. They're a bit
    noisy though.
    nemo, Jan 30, 2004
  10. Annette Kurten

    Trax Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:38:25 -0000, "Solo" <> wrote:

    |>Drive some copper nails into the trunks(quietly)

    Agreed, and sprinkle copper sulfate around the base. Had a tree
    removed from my place and they placed it around the stump. While it's
    basically for stump removal, it can't be good for the tree and it will
    give you a warm fuzzy as you spread it around :)

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    Trax, Jan 30, 2004
  11. Annette Kurten

    --
    ,,
    Trax, Jan 30, 2004
  12. Annette Kurten

    j###### Guest

    tight wire around the base of the trunk and just 2 make sure ring bark the
    bloody things and paint glyphosate weed killler into any wound

    j######, Jan 30, 2004
  13. Annette Kurten

    Bryan Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:38:25 -0000, "Solo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Drive some copper nails into the trunks(quietly)
    >>>

    > Agreed, and sprinkle copper sulfate around the base. Had a tree
    > removed from my place and they placed it around the stump. While it's
    > basically for stump removal, it can't be good for the tree and it will
    > give you a warm fuzzy as you spread it around :)

    Both perfectly correct, should take about 6 months, (from previous
    experience *eg*).

    Bryan, Jan 30, 2004
  14. Annette Kurten

    trout Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:

    > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are
    > on my east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they
    > will be mature trees.
    > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the
    > hedging as a wind break

    I would advise investigating *every* legal means before resorting to
    vandalizing your neighbour's property. No matter *how* good your
    reasons.
    At least, try to familiarize yourself with local laws, to see what
    such an action may entail. You could end up with a criminal record, and
    be subject to fines. You could also find yourself in Civil court; and
    ordered to pay the replacement costs; not only for the dead trees, but
    for removal and replacement of tainted soil.
    --
    "I suggest you consider your options carefully."
    trout, Jan 30, 2004
  15. "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Annette Kurten wrote:
    >
    > > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
    > > growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are
    > > on my east facing back where the sun should come up)
    > > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    > > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they
    > > will be mature trees.
    > > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    > > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the
    > > hedging as a wind break
    > > Ta>>>

    > I would advise investigating *every* legal means before resorting to
    > vandalizing your neighbour's property. No matter *how* good your
    > reasons.
    > At least, try to familiarize yourself with local laws, to see what
    > such an action may entail. You could end up with a criminal record, and
    > be subject to fines. You could also find yourself in Civil court; and
    > ordered to pay the replacement costs; not only for the dead trees, but
    > for removal and replacement of tainted soil.
    > --
    > "I suggest you consider your options carefully."

    If you all come to my place, we'll try the lot, then have a barbie in the
    sunshine ;-)
    Annette Kurten, Jan 31, 2004
  16. Annette Kurten

    Sano Guest

    - "Annette Kurten" <> - spluttered in

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Annette Kurten wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9'
    >> > and growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off.
    >> > (they are on my east facing back where the sun should come up)
    >> > I am too slight to remove them myself.
    >> > Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they
    >> > will be mature trees.
    >> > My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
    >> > That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the
    >> > hedging as a wind break
    >> > Ta>>>

    >> I would advise investigating *every* legal means before
    >> resorting to
    >> vandalizing your neighbour's property. No matter *how* good your
    >> reasons.
    >> At least, try to familiarize yourself with local laws, to see
    >> what
    >> such an action may entail. You could end up with a criminal record,
    >> and be subject to fines. You could also find yourself in Civil
    >> court; and ordered to pay the replacement costs; not only for the
    >> dead trees, but for removal and replacement of tainted soil.
    >> --
    >> "I suggest you consider your options carefully."
    >>

    > If you all come to my place, we'll try the lot, then have a barbie in
    > the sunshine ;-)

    Souns damn good to me!!!! <BG>

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in
    Sano, Jan 31, 2004
  17. Annette Kurten

    Daddy xmas Guest

    How often does he break wind?

    Frukc his wife and in bed, ask her advice.

    Have a nice one.

    ---
    Daddy xmas, Jan 31, 2004