    What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.

    Cheers

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 7, 2006

  2. T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
    <> saying something like this:

    www.flickr.com
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
    <> wrote:

    >T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
    ><> saying something like this:
    >
    >>I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    >>PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    >>the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    >>file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
    >>
    >>What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>

    >>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    >>============================================

    >www.flickr.com

    thnx

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Squirrel

    Peter Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    > PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    > the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    > file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.

    There are heaps of free photo hosting services ...
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=photo hosting

    Perhaps if you could describe just what "failed" with those previous
    attempts, someone could suggest something more likely to do what you want.

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    > PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    > the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    > file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
    >
    > What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

    flikr
    http://www.flickr.com/
    shannon, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:09:45 +1300, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Squirrel wrote:
    >> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    >> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    >> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    >> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.

    >There are heaps of free photo hosting services ...
    >http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=photo hosting
    >
    >Perhaps if you could describe just what "failed" with those previous
    >attempts, someone could suggest something more likely to do what you want.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Peter

    Thanx Peter gone with Flickr and seems to be working ok, touch wood :)

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 7, 2006
  7. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:53:47 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >Squirrel wrote:
    >> I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    >> PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    >> the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    >> file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
    >>
    >> What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    >> I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon

    >flikr
    >http://www.flickr.com/

    Seems to be the answer thanx, hope you get a chance to visit out new
    collection of fotos

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 7, 2006
  8. Squirrel

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
    >><> saying something like this:
    >>

    >>>I have foolishly agreed to put up a web site called NZ.GENERAL PETS
    >>>PAGE as all my previous attempots to do similar have failed, what is
    >>>the uttmost easiest way to do this, I will have jpg's in a separate
    >>>file I just want to load them and write small blurb next to it.
    >>>
    >>>What do you sugest techno geeks, and where should I be looking.
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>

    >>>I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    >>>============================================

    >>www.flickr.com

    > thnx

    Just to expand on the flickr suggestion, if you set up a group for
    NZ.GENERAL PETS then the result is more flexible. People can add their
    own pictures and blurb that may already be on flickr to the group, or
    you can upload stuff yourself. I'm assuming that not all the images are
    yours, so making it possible for anyone to add photos is a good idea,
    instead of relying on one person to do everything.

    If you look at http://www.flickr.com/groups/catchy/ (which is a group
    for Catchy Colors) you'll see what is possible, including a group
    specific FAQ, links, discussion, etc.

    While there are better image hosting sites than Flickr for just hosting
    good images, the combination of good tools (like RSS feeds out, tagging,
    etc) and the social aspect of Flickr (like groups) make it pretty hard
    to beat. Especially for free.
    -=rjh=-, Jan 7, 2006
  9. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:34:16 +1300, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    >Squirrel wrote:
    >> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:41:01 +1300, Waylon Kenning
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>T'was the Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:39:09 +1300 when I remembered Squirrel
    >>><> saying something like this:

    >>>www.flickr.com

    >> thnx

    >Just to expand on the flickr suggestion, if you set up a group for
    >NZ.GENERAL PETS then the result is more flexible. People can add their
    >own pictures and blurb that may already be on flickr to the group, or
    >you can upload stuff yourself. I'm assuming that not all the images are
    >yours, so making it possible for anyone to add photos is a good idea,
    >instead of relying on one person to do everything.
    >
    >If you look at http://www.flickr.com/groups/catchy/ (which is a group
    >for Catchy Colors) you'll see what is possible, including a group
    >specific FAQ, links, discussion, etc.
    >
    >While there are better image hosting sites than Flickr for just hosting
    >good images, the combination of good tools (like RSS feeds out, tagging,
    >etc) and the social aspect of Flickr (like groups) make it pretty hard
    >to beat. Especially for free.

    I dont want to open it up as greg dowle is stalking me again and
    liable to post something seedy and try blame me, but if he should drop
    dead in the foreseeable future I will think again, thanx for the
    pointers btw

    I've gone crazy......but I will be back soon
    Squirrel, Jan 8, 2006