    Initially I thought I could use an access list to block linksys' MAC
    addresses, but I don't use bridging and it wouldn't stop any other
    brand of wireless access point.
    Steve Abrams, Feb 3, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Steve Abrams <> wrote:
    :Does anyone have any strategies for finding access points that have
    :been added to a network and blocking them?

    :Initially I thought I could use an access list to block linksys' MAC
    :addresses, but I don't use bridging and it wouldn't stop any other
    :brand of wireless access point.

    Cisco has a product that, amongst other things, will track rogue
    access points (it monitors the radio signals, including the signals
    at clients.)

    The product is, though, somewhat expensive.
    --
    This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.
    Walter Roberson, Feb 3, 2004