    wouldn't have to keep getting posts from it. Thanks a lot.

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Dave

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Dave

    Phil Guest

    On 17.11 2004, Dave wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > How to Use filters and rules:
    > > http://www.seanet.com/help/email/filters/
    > > http://www.hawaii.edu/help/support/spam.html
    > > http://www.mailwasher.net/
    > >

    > Thanks for the reply, but like an idiot I didn't specify enough. I
    > want to block threads from NGs. Is there any other special way, or do
    > you have to use normal message filters for e-mail? Thanks again for
    > the sites.

    Then look up "block sender" in the help file of your client.

    Phil, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message

    > Then look up "block sender" in the help file of your client.

    Thanks for the reply, but that will only block one person, I thought maybe
    there was an easy way to block a thread from being downloaded or viewed.
    The only way I can see to do that is simply create the filter or just
    manually delete it all the time, which would be a pain.

    Thanks for your replies and your help, it is much appreciated.

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Dave

    Gort Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Then look up "block sender" in the help file of your client.

    > Thanks for the reply, but that will only block one person, I thought maybe
    > there was an easy way to block a thread from being downloaded or viewed.
    > The only way I can see to do that is simply create the filter or just
    > manually delete it all the time, which would be a pain.
    >
    > Thanks for your replies and your help, it is much appreciated.

    Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    HTH

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

    Gort, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Dave

    Scraggy Guest

    Gort wrote:
    > Dave wrote:
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Then look up "block sender" in the help file of your client.

    >> Thanks for the reply, but that will only block one person, I thought
    >> maybe there was an easy way to block a thread from being downloaded
    >> or viewed. The only way I can see to do that is simply create the
    >> filter or just manually delete it all the time, which would be a
    >> pain.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your replies and your help, it is much appreciated.
    >>

    > Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    > HTH

    THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages
    --
    The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
    arm bears. -- Chris Addison

    Scraggy, Nov 16, 2004
  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message news:So-> >
    Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    > > HTH

    > THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages

    AH! That helps a lot, thanks for the info!

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Dave

    trout Guest

    Scraggy wrote:

    > Gort wrote:
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>> "Phil" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for the reply, but that will only block one person, I thought
    >>> maybe there was an easy way to block a thread from being downloaded
    >>> or viewed. The only way I can see to do that is simply create the
    >>> filter or just manually delete it all the time, which would be a
    >>> pain.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your replies and your help, it is much appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    >> HTH

    > THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages

    Or create a new view to simply 'Hide ignored messages'.
    --
    "I use this, because I like to keep the 'read' posts handy, sometimes."

    trout, Nov 17, 2004
  10. Dave

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    | Scraggy wrote:
    |
    | > Gort wrote:

    | >> Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    | >> HTH
    | >
    | > THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages
    |
    | Or create a new view to simply 'Hide ignored messages'.

    Please elaborate - I really like that idea...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 17, 2004
  11. Dave

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Scraggy wrote:

    >>> THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages

    >> Or create a new view to simply 'Hide ignored messages'.
    >>

    > Please elaborate - I really like that idea...

    View; Current View, Customize Current View. Look over the choices.
    (*Start* with a 'current view' that you don't mind changing.)
    --
    "I don't leave home without it."

    trout, Nov 17, 2004
  12. Dave

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    |
    | > "trout" <> wrote in message

    | >> Or create a new view to simply 'Hide ignored messages'.
    | >>

    | > Please elaborate - I really like that idea...
    |
    | View; Current View, Customize Current View. Look over the choices.
    | (*Start* with a 'current view' that you don't mind changing.)

    Yep - I never used that "Hide read and ignored messages" because I
    frequently refer back to them. Setting up a "Hide Ignored" is perfect for
    those long boring "K-Man and the Troll Family discussions" (otherwise known
    as "I can talk stupider than you can...") threads that occur.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 17, 2004
  13. Dave

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote

    >> View; Current View, Customize Current View. Look over the choices.
    >> (*Start* with a 'current view' that you don't mind changing.)

    > Yep - I never used that "Hide read and ignored messages" because I
    > frequently refer back to them. Setting up a "Hide Ignored" is perfect
    > for those long boring "K-Man and the Troll Family discussions"
    > (otherwise known as "I can talk stupider than you can...") threads
    > that occur.

    Amen. The only drawback is that the ass-ends of hidden threads
    sometimes aren't automatically marked on refreshing. They have to be
    marked 'ignored', themselves, or do a quick view change-and-back to
    gather the offspring unto their dopey parents.
    --
    "Still, well worth it. Especially on one of 'those' days...."

    trout, Nov 17, 2004
  14. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > Or create a new view to simply 'Hide ignored messages'.

    Thanks a million, that is perfect, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks
    to everyone else to that responded.

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 17, 2004
  15. Dave

    reid decker Guest

    If I remember correctly go to Message and Block Sender. If I understand
    your question,that is.

    reid decker, Nov 17, 2004
  16. Dave

    Gort Guest

    Scraggy wrote:
    > Gort wrote:
    >
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Phil" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for the reply, but that will only block one person, I thought
    >>> maybe there was an easy way to block a thread from being downloaded
    >>> or viewed. The only way I can see to do that is simply create the
    >>> filter or just manually delete it all the time, which would be a
    >>> pain.
    >>> Thanks for your replies and your help, it is much appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    >> HTH

    > THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages

    Thanks for the add-on, Scraggy. I sometimes forget the follow-thru
    stuff. My bad :-(

    Gort, Nov 17, 2004
  17. Dave

    Scraggy Guest

    Gort wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> Gort wrote:

    >>> Using OE, try Message; Ignore Thread
    >>> HTH

    >> THEN go to View>Current View>Hide read or ignored messages

    > Thanks for the add-on, Scraggy. I sometimes forget the follow-thru
    > stuff. My bad :-(

    NP. Been there, done that. :)

    Scraggy, Nov 17, 2004