    Any suggestions?

    Cheers :)

    Jon

    KoperniK, Dec 13, 2006

  2. KoperniK

    Miller Guest

    *KoperniK* wrote on 13.12.06 22:16:
    > Hi all o/
    >
    > I'm looking for an extension that will filter out sites such as
    > PriceGrabber, Bizrate, Ciao, Epinions, Ebay etc etc from my google search
    > results. Any search now is painful, wading through pages of price comparison
    > sites and the like which populate the first 10/20 pages of results.. I've
    > done a quick search through the Firefox extensions site with little joy.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Don't know, if this is extension has *exactly* the feature you're looking
    for, but CustomizeGoogle let's you manipulate the Google search results
    in lots of ways.
    http://www.customizegoogle.com/en-US/

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Dec 13, 2006

  3. KoperniK

    Guest

    KoperniK wrote:
    > Hi all o/
    >
    > I'm looking for an extension that will filter out sites such as
    > PriceGrabber, Bizrate, Ciao, Epinions, Ebay etc etc from my google search
    > results. Any search now is painful, wading through pages of price comparison
    > sites and the like which populate the first 10/20 pages of results.. I've
    > done a quick search through the Firefox extensions site with little joy.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Cheers :)
    >
    > Jon

    Learn to use Google to the fullest. Lets say you're doing a search on
    Trees. You enter that into the Search Box, then you enter the stuff
    you don't want to see and put a dash infront of it, so you'll have it
    like this:

    trees -PriceGrabber -Bizrate -Ciao -Epinions -Ebay

    now Google will search for everything of trees, minus pricegrabber,
    minus ebay, and so forth.

    , Dec 13, 2006
  4. Or if that's too dang hard, set up a "Quicksearch" bookmark such as the
    following.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%s -PriceGrabber -Bizrate -Ciao -Epinions -Ebay

    Keyword: cg

    so to search, "cg trees" in address bar... cg for clean google? :)

    Make life easy for lazy folk like me... hehe..

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 13, 2006
  5. KoperniK

    Guest

    Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > Or if that's too dang hard, set up a "Quicksearch" bookmark such as the
    > following.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=%s -PriceGrabber -Bizrate -Ciao -Epinions -Ebay
    >
    > Keyword: cg
    >
    > so to search, "cg trees" in address bar... cg for clean google? :)
    >
    > Make life easy for lazy folk like me... hehe..

    or create a Google bookmarklet with this script:

    javascript:Qr=document.getSelection();if(!Qr){void(Qr=prompt('Keywords...',''))};if(Qr)location.href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=googlet&q='+escape(Qr)+'%20-PriceGrabber%20-Bizrate%20-Ciao%20-Epinions%20-Ebay&btnG=Search'

    , Dec 13, 2006
  6. KoperniK

    KoperniK Guest

    > Learn to use Google to the fullest. Lets say you're doing a search on
    > Trees. You enter that into the Search Box, then you enter the stuff
    > you don't want to see and put a dash infront of it, so you'll have it
    > like this:
    >
    > trees -PriceGrabber -Bizrate -Ciao -Epinions -Ebay
    >
    > now Google will search for everything of trees, minus pricegrabber,
    > minus ebay, and so forth.

    Hi,

    Yup that's easy enough but there are, however, 100s of these sites and I was
    thinking there might be an extension somewhere that feeds off a regularly
    updated site filter list.

    Thanks for the suggestions,

    KoperniK, Dec 14, 2006
  7. KoperniK