    Tony Evans Guest

    Anyone found a fool proof way of blocking unwanted mail? please let me know.
    Many Thanks

    Tony Evans, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Tony Evans

    Richard Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Delete it straight from the server.
    >
    > Magic Mail Monitor
    > http://www.geeba.org/magic/

    freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Tony Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Delete it straight from the server.
    >>
    >> Magic Mail Monitor
    >> http://www.geeba.org/magic/

    >freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    >which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    >at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    you spout of, moron!

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Tony Evans

    Richard Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:51:52 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    > > <>
    > > Richard scrawled:
    > >

    > >>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    > >>freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    > >>which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    > >>at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    > >St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    > >you spout of, moron!

    > Can he read? From the looks of his posts, I would have guessed otherwise.

    :)

    I did download and test out the program before I commented on it, bitch.
    do you know what "open source" means?
    When a program is open source, that generally means the original programmer
    is giving you the rights to finish it off as you like it.
    This guy just wrote the bare basics for you to play with.
    Mailwasher is by far much better.

    Then take a good close look at some of the responses by many of the so
    called "educated regulars" who fail to comprehend the simplest of things.
    At least I don't go mouthin off to a newbee just because I'm tired of
    responding to what's already been replied to ten times that day.

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Tony Evans

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Tony Evans continued:

    > Anyone found a fool proof way of blocking unwanted mail? please let
    > me know. Many Thanks

    Not posting your email address on usenet is an excellent way to start.

    Oops.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Tony Evans

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:20:47 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Richard scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    >> >which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    >> >at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    >> St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    >> you spout of, moron!

    > The two programs are so similar you have to wonder who ripped whom off.

    [snip]

    Once again, St00pid, you prove that you don't know what you're talking
    about.

    Troll-o-meter: "Richard" = Richard Bullis; Category = Kook
    -----------------------
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    -----------------------
    /\

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 28, 2003
  7. Tony Evans

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:27:00 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:51:52 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    >> > <>
    >> > Richard scrawled:

    >> >St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    >> >you spout of, moron!

    >> Can he read? From the looks of his posts, I would have guessed otherwise.

    >:)
    >>

    > I did download and test out the program before I commented on it, bitch.
    > do you know what "open source" means?

    You are an idiot, Bullis. Magic Mail Monitor has been around for years and
    only recently did the author convert it to an open source project.
    [snip of the rest of your ignorant fantasy]

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 28, 2003
  8. Tony Evans

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:17:06 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >You are an idiot, Bullis. Magic Mail Monitor has been around for years and
    >only recently did the author convert it to an open source project.
    >[snip of the rest of your ignorant fantasy]

    He probably thinks that if a splash screen comes up it's a successful test. He's
    not only a pedophile, he's a moron as well.

    "I know you know that - I just threw it in for the newbies. :)"

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Jun 28, 2003
  9. Tony Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:10:12 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:51:52 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Richard scrawled:
    >>

    >>>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >>>freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    >>>which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    >>>at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    >>St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    >>you spout of, moron!

    >Can he read? From the looks of his posts, I would have guessed otherwise. :)

    Apparently not. :)

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003
  10. Tony Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:27:00 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:51:52 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    >> > <>
    >> > Richard scrawled:

    >> >St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    >> >you spout of, moron!

    >> Can he read? From the looks of his posts, I would have guessed otherwise.

    >:)
    >>

    >I did download and test out the program before I commented on it,

    Then that proves, once again, just how st00pid you are.

    >bitch. do you know what "open source" means?
    >When a program is open source, that generally means the original programmer
    >is giving you the rights to finish it off as you like it.
    >This guy just wrote the bare basics for you to play with.
    >Mailwasher is by far much better.

    The free version of Mailwasher only allow ONE account. Get
    that? ONE account only. Magic Mail Monitor is totally free
    and allows multiple accounts. How can that make Mailwasher
    'far much better' (sic).

    >Then take a good close look at some of the responses by many of the so
    >called "educated regulars" who fail to comprehend the simplest of things.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    >At least I don't go mouthin off to a newbee just because I'm tired of
    >responding to what's already been replied to ten times that day.

    No, you just continually give bad, even dangerous "advice" that
    everybody, particularly newbies, should avoid like the plague.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003
  11. Tony Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:20:47 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:26:51 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Richard scrawled:
    >>

    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >> >freebee mailwasher lookalike.
    >> >which does nothing more than let you look at what's on the server.
    >> >at least OE will delete the stuff before you even see it.

    >> St00pid as ever, I see. Try reading the specs. before
    >> you spout of, moron!

    >The two programs are so similar you have to wonder who ripped whom off.

    Magic Mail Monitor has been around for years. But just because
    they look vaguely similar, doesn't mean either one has been
    ripped off.

    >It uses your default mail program as output.

    Bullshit! Did you read "File extension for messages"? No, I
    didn't think so.

    >And has very few features unlike mailwasher which at least
    >lets you choose a few more options.

    Magic Mail Monitor has plenty of options, including filters; you
    just blurted out more rubbish and are now desperately trying to
    cover up.

    >Magic's appearance looks like somebody's excercise in mail handling.

    WTF does THAT mean?

    >No way to create rules for elimination of spam. You do that by
    >looking at the headers.

    Oh yes there is.

    >OE deletes the message before you see it, which is the idea
    >behind the message rules.

    So does Magic Mail Monitor.

    >What ever you come up with for a rule, spammers will find
    >away around it.

    So what's your point about OE and rules then?

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003
  12. Richard rambled on about something in <>:

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > I did download and test out the program before I commented on it,
    > bitch.

    I highly recommend taking that last word back. It's
    unnessesary...especially in response to the tone Mara was using.

    > do you know what "open source" means?

    Yes, do you?

    > When a program is open source, that generally means the original
    > programmer is giving you the rights to finish it off as you like it.

    "Unless otherwise specified in the license". For instance, IIRC,
    TightVNC is Open Source. Read the license agreement and you'll see my
    point...maybe

    > This guy just wrote the bare basics for you to play with.
    > Mailwasher is by far much better.
    >
    > Then take a good close look at some of the responses by many of the
    > so called "educated regulars" who fail to comprehend the simplest of
    > things. At least I don't go mouthin off to a newbee just because I'm
    > tired of responding to what's already been replied to ten times that
    > day.

    No. You tell someone who is getting Windows Messenger spam to
    rename the subdir that messenger is in. Which would someone want? The
    correct answer, or not from a free advice group?

    As far as other's tones go...That's between them, and their
    conciense. (sp)

    NOI

    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!

    Thund3rstruck, Jun 28, 2003
  13. Tony Evans

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:24:41 -0400, Thund3rstruck wrote:

    >Richard rambled on about something in <>:
    >

    >> "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >> I did download and test out the program before I commented on it,
    >> bitch.

    > I highly recommend taking that last word back. It's
    >unnessesary...especially in response to the tone Mara was using.
    >
    >> do you know what "open source" means?

    > Yes, do you?

    Well, I certainly do, since I'm running an open-source OS on my other box. I've
    talked about it in this very group more than once. But of course RtS, being a
    complete moron and illiterate to boot, wouldn't have picked up on that. :)

    "He probably can't help it that he's an idiot. Perhaps a "special school," far
    away from children, would help."

    <snip>

    Mara, Jun 29, 2003
  14. Mara rambled on about something in
    <>:
    > Well, I certainly do, since I'm running an open-source OS on my
    > other box. I've talked about it in this very group more than once.
    > But of course RtS, being a complete moron and illiterate to boot,
    > wouldn't have picked up on that. :)

    Linux here. (Linux Mandrake 8.2 to be exact <G>) I think everything
    on here is open source of some form. I suspect your other box is
    setup similarly.

    > "He probably can't help it that he's an idiot. Perhaps a "special
    > school," far away from children, would help."

    Like the Iron Bar School maybe? <G>

    NOI
    (Sig's for him, btw <G>)

    Thund3rstruck, Jun 29, 2003
  15. Tony Evans

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:57:23 -0400, Thund3rstruck wrote:

    >Mara rambled on about something in
    ><>:
    >> Well, I certainly do, since I'm running an open-source OS on my
    >> other box. I've talked about it in this very group more than once.
    >> But of course RtS, being a complete moron and illiterate to boot,
    >> wouldn't have picked up on that. :)

    > Linux here. (Linux Mandrake 8.2 to be exact <G>) I think everything
    >on here is open source of some form. I suspect your other box is
    >setup similarly.

    SuSE 8.2, here. :)

    >> "He probably can't help it that he's an idiot. Perhaps a "special
    >> school," far away from children, would help."

    > Like the Iron Bar School maybe? <G>

    Oh, yes. "A stint in the 'Greybar Hotel' wouldn't hurt. A LONG one, preferably."

    > NOI
    >(Sig's for him, btw <G>)

    So's mine. (beg)

    --
    Anyone who ignores my evidence and declares me non-credible because of my
    attitude has less intelligence than that which I left in a porcelain bowl

    Mara, Jun 29, 2003
  16. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:57:23
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:

    >Mara rambled on about something in
    ><>:
    >> Well, I certainly do, since I'm running an open-source OS on my
    >> other box. I've talked about it in this very group more than once.
    >> But of course RtS, being a complete moron and illiterate to boot,
    >> wouldn't have picked up on that. :)

    > Linux here. (Linux Mandrake 8.2 to be exact <G>) I think everything
    >on here is open source of some form. I suspect your other box is
    >setup similarly.

    I'm running SuSE 8.2 Pro on 2 machines. :)

    --
    Penguins are our friends. :)
    Linux user #305646.

    William Poaster, Jun 29, 2003
  17. Tony Evans

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:52:22 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:57:23
    >-0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    >
    >>Mara rambled on about something in
    >><>:
    >>> Well, I certainly do, since I'm running an open-source OS on my
    >>> other box. I've talked about it in this very group more than once.
    >>> But of course RtS, being a complete moron and illiterate to boot,
    >>> wouldn't have picked up on that. :)

    >> Linux here. (Linux Mandrake 8.2 to be exact <G>) I think everything
    >>on here is open source of some form. I suspect your other box is
    >>setup similarly.

    >I'm running SuSE 8.2 Pro on 2 machines. :)

    I haven't gotten that far with it yet. Too much work, not enough play time. :(

    <snip>

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

    Mara, Jun 29, 2003
  18. William Poaster rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > I'm running SuSE 8.2 Pro on 2 machines. :)

    How's that running? Any odd problems? Was it easy to setup?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jun 29, 2003
  19. Mara rambled on about something in
    <>:

    <snip>

    > SuSE 8.2, here. :)

    Same questions as WP. Any odd problems? How hard was it to install?

    >>> "He probably can't help it that he's an idiot. Perhaps a "special
    >>> school," far away from children, would help."

    >> Like the Iron Bar School maybe? <G>

    > Oh, yes. "A stint in the 'Greybar Hotel' wouldn't hurt. A LONG one,
    > preferably."

    Lol. yeah. Of course love would be in the air, and he would find a
    "boyfriend". <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jun 29, 2003
  20. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:26:13
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:

    >William Poaster rambled on about something in
    ><>:
    >
    >> I'm running SuSE 8.2 Pro on 2 machines. :)

    > How's that running? Any odd problems? Was it easy to setup?
    >
    > NOI

    No problems at all, & both machines have different hardware. The other machine
    was an upgrade from SuSE 8.0, & this is a fresh install of 8.2. Both went quite
    smoothly. There are a couple of differences in applications, as I run Agent with
    WINE on one & just use PAN & kMail on the other. The Next Big Thing[tm] is to
    network them! Now *that* could be fun! Heh.
    --
    Penguins are our friends. :)
    Linux user #305646.

    William Poaster, Jun 29, 2003