    XP Pro sitting headless in a corner of a room. The Satellite modem goes into
    one NIC on this machine and the network is connected to another NIC via a
    switch. Is there an easy way to block the ports Kazaa uses?

    Kimball K Kinnison, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Kimball K Kinnison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Kimball K Kinnison said:

    > I use BT Satellite and have a small network. ICS is provided by a PC running
    > XP Pro sitting headless in a corner of a room. The Satellite modem goes into
    > one NIC on this machine and the network is connected to another NIC via a
    > switch. Is there an easy way to block the ports Kazaa uses?

    Deny access to Kazaa with the firewall.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Kimball K Kinnison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Kimball K Kinnison said:
    >
    >> I use BT Satellite and have a small network. ICS is provided by a PC running
    >> XP Pro sitting headless in a corner of a room. The Satellite modem goes into
    >> one NIC on this machine and the network is connected to another NIC via a
    >> switch. Is there an easy way to block the ports Kazaa uses?

    > Deny access to Kazaa with the firewall.

    Better still, unistall it if you don't want anyone using it on the system(s).

    Brian H¹©, Nov 15, 2003
  4. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Brian H¹© said:
    >
    > > Kimball K Kinnison said:
    > >
    > >> I use BT Satellite and have a small network. ICS is provided by a PC

    running
    > >> XP Pro sitting headless in a corner of a room. The Satellite modem goes

    into
    > >> one NIC on this machine and the network is connected to another NIC via

    > >> switch. Is there an easy way to block the ports Kazaa uses?

    > > Deny access to Kazaa with the firewall.

    > Better still, unistall it if you don't want anyone using it on the

    system(s).

    I use the in built XP-Pro firewall. Others have a problem with the Satellite
    Modem as it uses funny acceleration software on the gateway PC. Can I block
    it using this?

    Kimball K Kinnison, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Kimball K Kinnison

    °Mike° Guest