blocking emails

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. i am receiving emails from a bank requesting an update of personal info. The
    bank confirms its not from them. How can i stop these emails?
    =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=, Feb 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=

    Blackmetal Guest

    Are you one of the senders and want to find out how people could block them
    to work around it? jaja...

    Blackmetal, Feb 3, 2006

  3. no i am not, but i am very concerned as this has happended once before. I
    updated personal details and funds were transfered from my account. I have
    blocked then coming into my inbox, and direected them to deleted files. is
    there a way to stop them coming through?

    =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=, Feb 6, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    You can filter domains so only trusted emails will come through. I belive
    this needs to be done at exchange level if you have one. Speak to your
    administrator.

    Simon Hart, Feb 8, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=

    J. Clarke Guest

    amb wrote:

    > no i am not, but i am very concerned as this has happended once before. I
    > updated personal details and funds were transfered from my account. I
    > have
    > blocked then coming into my inbox, and direected them to deleted files.
    > is there a way to stop them coming through?

    What do you mean by "stop them coming through"? If you mean stop the sender
    from sending them, unless you have the hacking skills to track them down
    and combat skills to maim them and the forensic skills to get away with it,
    there is nothing you personally can do about that.

    You should provide copies of the emails to your state Attorney General and
    to the Justice Department--they'll just go in a file until someone tracks
    down the perpetrator but if they do catch him they may be a few more counts
    on the charges.

    If you mean have them blocked enroute, that's something you need to talk
    over with your ISP. If you want to set up something on your system that
    blocks them before they get to your email program, and you don't have a
    mail server of your own, then you might want to look into a mail proxy such
    as "hamster classic" or "hamster playground", but you'll have to keep your
    filter list updated--some will get through regardless.

    As a general rule you should _not_ reply to or click on any field in any
    unsolicited email, no matter how legitimate it appears. If it appears to
    be from your bank then instead of replying to it go to the bank's web site
    and change the information there, or call the bank.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, Feb 8, 2006