    about his cancer treatment and OE -6 protected me from seeing that
    information. What's going on?! I never had that happen with AOL!
    Ken Hasseler

    Ken Hasseler, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Ken Hasseler

    Ionizer Guest

    "Ken Hasseler" <> wrote in message
    news:wh5hb.709048$YN5.586493@sccrnsc01...
    > I had a friend send attachments of his own previous e-mails to update me
    > about his cancer treatment and OE -6 protected me from seeing that
    > information. What's going on?! I never had that happen with AOL!
    > Ken Hasseler

    Tools|Options - Security Tab. Un-check "do not allow attachments to be
    saved or opened...."

    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Ken Hasseler

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Ken Hasseler" <> wrote in news:wh5hb.709048
    $YN5.586493@sccrnsc01:

    > I had a friend send attachments of his own previous e-mails to update me
    > about his cancer treatment and OE -6 protected me from seeing that
    > information. What's going on?! I never had that happen with AOL!
    > Ken Hasseler

    Someone might tell you how to turn this feature of OE off. If you do
    *PLEASE* can you get some anti-virus software and make sure that you keep
    it updated, and that you keep OE patched with the security patches.

    Microsoft *never* send software by email, so get the patches from the
    microsoft website.

    This company has free anti-virus software:-
    <http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php>

    Petit Alexi, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Ken Hasseler

    Lethe Guest

    "Petit Alexi" <> wrote in message
    > "Ken Hasseler" <> wrote in news:wh5hb.709048
    > $YN5.586493@sccrnsc01:
    >
    > > I had a friend send attachments of his own previous e-mails to update me
    > > about his cancer treatment and OE -6 protected me from seeing that
    > > information. What's going on?! I never had that happen with AOL!
    > > Ken Hasseler

    > Someone might tell you how to turn this feature of OE off.

    Tools /Options /Security

    Uncheck box against :

    Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a
    virus.

    Lethe

    Lethe, Oct 9, 2003