    having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    but it does not work on IE6

    Heidi
    Heidi Manway, Nov 22, 2006

  2. In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Heidi Manway wrote:

    > Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    > Firefox Adblock and Flashblock having been advised to do that on here
    > Thanks
    > but it does not work on IE6

    The HOSTS file will be recognized by IE, but the Firefox extensions will
    of course *not* be used by IE.

    Googling produces a plethora of third-party tools for IE, most in the
    form of "toolbars". I would be wont to recommend any of them.

    Why would you want to continue to use IE anyway?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Heidi Manway

    Donald Guest

    "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    > Firefox Adblock and Flashblock
    > having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    > but it does not work on IE6
    >
    > Heidi

    sp2 has a popup blocker
    so does google tool bar
    Donald, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Heidi Manway

    Plato Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:

    > Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    > Firefox Adblock and Flashblock
    > having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    > but it does not work on IE6

    So what? Google and MS are NOT in bed together.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Heidi Manway

    Daave Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    > Firefox Adblock and Flashblock
    > having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    > but it does not work on IE6

    Proxomitron has lots of fans:

    http://www.proxomitron.info/
    Daave, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Heidi Manway

    Brian Guest

    Heidi Manway wrote:
    > Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    > Firefox Adblock and Flashblock
    > having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    > but it does not work on IE6
    >
    > Heidi

    Hi Heidi,

    Just dump all your microsoft crap and buy a mac or install something
    like ubuntu..

    :)

    Seriously though there is a good popup blocker built into IE6 if I
    remember and if you really want to use IE then go get IE7 and give it a
    whirl..

    BC
    Brian, Jan 2, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    DJ Spider Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Heidi Manway wrote:
    >> Hi I use Firefox which I have sucessfully adblocked using a Hosts File
    >> Firefox Adblock and Flashblock
    >> having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    >> but it does not work on IE6
    >>
    >> Heidi
    >>

    > Hi Heidi,
    >
    > Just dump all your microsoft crap and buy a mac or install something
    > like ubuntu..
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Seriously though there is a good popup blocker built into IE6 if I
    > remember and if you really want to use IE then go get IE7 and give it a
    > whirl..
    >

    > BC

    I.E.6 doesn't have a popup blocker, but system mechanic does! Also has
    very good system tools, inc defragger, reg checker, spyware checker and
    more!

    --

    Take out THETRASH to email me

    Do you need a Disco? Or would you like to sing to the World?
    (or at least Ireland!) Visit http://www.kastlekaraoke.com for all
    your Disco and Karaoke party needs.

    DJ Spider, Jan 2, 2007