    a particulat website? I've got Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. I'm sure it
    must be able to be done, but despite checking the manuals and doing a bit of
    "fiddling", still can't find the solution.

    Danny, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Danny

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:02:22 +0100, "Danny" <> wrote:

    >Is there any way that I can allow Internet Explorer to operate, but disable
    >a particulat website? I've got Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. I'm sure it
    >must be able to be done, but despite checking the manuals and doing a bit of
    >"fiddling", still can't find the solution.

    Assuming you're running Windows of some sort -

    A hosts file entry.

    http://accs-net.com/hosts/how_to_use_hosts.html

    Evan Platt, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Thanks Evan. That looks like just the job.

    Danny, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Danny

    Francis Guest

    Excuse my top posting, but though You supply little detail,
    am I correct in assuming you are suffering from homepage
    hi-jack? Pop-ups? etc?
    If so:
    Type "spybot search and destroy" into reliable google,
    download and install this invaluble piece of freeware.
    Problem solved.
    Note: via the google search you will be able to read all
    there is to know on this issue.

    Francis, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Danny

    Miggsee Guest

    Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem? Granted,
    more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be helpful.
    What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in this news
    group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an apology, why not
    just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just as helpful to give the
    poster Spybot's address?

    Miggsee, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Danny

    Miggsee Guest

    Why not enable Content Advisor in IE (Tools> Internet Options> Content), and
    enter the web address of the site you want to block, and click "Never"?

    Miggsee, Jun 3, 2005
  7. Danny

    Francis Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    > What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem? Granted,
    > more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be helpful.
    > What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in this news
    > group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an apology, why not
    > just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just as helpful to give the
    > poster Spybot's address?

    Be quiet you dickhead!
    Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    Francis, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Danny

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:11:15 +0000 (UTC), "Francis" <>
    wrote:

    >"Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >> Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    >> What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem? Granted,
    >> more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be helpful.
    >> What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in this news
    >> group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an apology, why not
    >> just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just as helpful to give the
    >> poster Spybot's address?
    >>

    >Be quiet you dickhead!
    >Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    >with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    You first. :)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Danny

    Francis Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:11:15 +0000 (UTC), "Francis"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    >>> What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem? Granted,
    >>> more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be helpful.
    >>> What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in this news
    >>> group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an apology, why
    >>> not
    >>> just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just as helpful to give
    >>> the
    >>> poster Spybot's address?
    >>>

    >>Be quiet you dickhead!
    >>Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    >>with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    > You first. :)

    - Another braindead dickhead!

    > --
    > "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    > AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    > --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Try growing another braincell, the one you've got must be lonely!

    Francis, Jun 3, 2005
  10. Danny

    Miggsee Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:11:15 +0000 (UTC), "Francis"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    >>> What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem? Granted,
    >>> more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be helpful.
    >>> What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in this news
    >>> group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an apology, why
    >>> not
    >>> just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just as helpful to give
    >>> the
    >>> poster Spybot's address?
    >>>

    >>Be quiet you dickhead!
    >>Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    >>with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    > You first. :)
    >
    > --
    > "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    > AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    > --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Hmm, I don't think I've ever been called a di**head before! Whoopee! :)

    Miggsee, Jun 3, 2005
  11. Danny

    Puzzled Guest

    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>"Miggsee" <> writhed
    >>>in massage

    >> --
    >> "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    >> AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"

    > Hmm, I don't think I've ever been called a di**head before! Whoopee! :)

    You are a pathetic and inadequate wanker as well, - now on block.
    Bye Bye you braindead dickhead.

    Puzzled, Jun 3, 2005
  12. "Francis" <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news:d7o773$g62$-infra.bt.com:

    > "Miggsee" wrote...
    >> Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    >> What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem?
    >> Granted, more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be
    >> helpful. What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in
    >> this news group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an
    >> apology, why not just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just
    >> as helpful to give the poster Spybot's address?

    > Be quiet you dickhead!
    > Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    > with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    Looks like you might need these links also:

    http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk

    http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jun 3, 2005
  13. Danny

    Puzzled Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    > Looks like you might need these links also:
    >
    > http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk

    Dosen't work you prawn cocktail poster!

    > http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

    Ho, Ho, Ho..........what a wanker you are, that is so original
    you braindead onion breathe'd tosser!

    And as for a clue as to the decree of the web-based loss of this small dick
    short, and possibly lonely moronic female fool, just click on these links
    they
    posted and all your observations will be confirmed!

    Puzzled, Jun 3, 2005
  14. Danny wrote:
    > Thanks Evan. That looks like just the job.

    ****************Middle Posted for maximum confusion*****************

    There are some good hosts files to supplement your own. I have some
    links to them here- http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 3, 2005
  15. Danny

    GB01-NiCk-01 Guest

    GB01-NiCk-01, Jun 3, 2005
  16. Danny

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:07:03 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >"Francis" <> chiseled in stone, the following
    >words news:d7o773$g62$-infra.bt.com:
    >
    >> "Miggsee" wrote...
    >>> Sorry to seem contrary, but...
    >>> What makes you think that pop-ups or hijacking are his problem?
    >>> Granted, more info, or the web page he wants to block, would be
    >>> helpful. What makes you think that top posting requires an apology in
    >>> this news group? If you are going through the efforts of typing an
    >>> apology, why not just bottom post? Don't you think it would be just
    >>> as helpful to give the poster Spybot's address?

    >> Be quiet you dickhead!
    >> Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    >> with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    >Looks like you might need these links also:
    >
    >http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk
    >
    >http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

    Morphing troll, looks like.

    "Pathetic."

    Mara, Jun 3, 2005
  17. GB01-NiCk-01 wrote:

    > DId I get to kindergarten By mistake?

    I dunno, but it looks like you found Usenet by mistake.

    ===

    You can probably access this public Usenet newsgroup directly with some
    fine news client like slrn or pan or knode or others [1], rather than
    some clunky web interface, unless, say, you're at firewalled at work and
    IT hasn't favorably responded to your request for Usenet (NNTP)
    capability. Do *yourself* a favor: check out your options and take
    control of your own Usenet experience.

    [1]Even with a piece of crap you already have, like Outlook Express,
    which, as bad as it is, still beats web interfaces for this activity
    that wasn't meant for webification.

    ===

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 3, 2005
  18. Miggsee wrote:

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:11:15 +0000 (UTC), "Francis"
    >><>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Miggsee" <> wrote in message

    >>>Be quiet you dickhead!
    >>>Nothing of substance to contribute, you're just a smart ass
    >>>with nothing better to do, now get to the canal with kad man.

    >>You first. :)
    >>
    >>--
    >>"No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    >>AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    >> --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    > Hmm, I don't think I've ever been called a di**head before! Whoopee! :)

    Oh no, Miggsee, fucking idiots are plonking you. How can I get them to
    plonk me too?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 3, 2005
  19. Danny

    Rôgêr Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > Oh no, Miggsee, fucking idiots are plonking you. How can I get them to
    > plonk me too?

    PLONK

    Rôgêr, Jun 3, 2005
  20. Danny

    Miggsee Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> Oh no, Miggsee, fucking idiots are plonking you. How can I get them to
    >> plonk me too?

    > PLONK>

    LMAO! :)

    Miggsee, Jun 3, 2005