blocked COX IPs

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jeff, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I have a 3 PC home wireless network using a router and WPA encryption in
    Windows XP. It works fine except for intermittent loss of internet access
    by one OR the other PC every week or two. This is not simultaneous and I
    could not ever find the reason.

    I also have Zone Alarm (free version) and just noticed what might be the
    reason but am not sure. I noticed that the following IPs are being blocked
    ns2.dc.cox.net [68.100.16.25]
    ns1.dc.cox.net [68.0.16.30]
    ns1.ri.cox.net [68.9.16.30]
    Searching on the internet, I discovered these are COX servers. I plan to
    place them in the "trusted" firewall zone but was wondering if this was the
    obvious problem I have been searching for.

    Is there something I should do with the router too?

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Hi
    If the blockage is permanent, then unblock it, other wise it does not mean
    too much, there can be pings, and or irrelevant traffic that were blocked
    from these IPs.
    Try another Software Firewall, I personally do not find the ZA free, to be
    friendly for Networks.
    http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 8, 2006

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Thank you. These blocks were listed as incoming and UDP protocols.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Nov 8, 2006