    k Guest

    Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
    deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    k, Mar 2, 2006

  2. k

    beavis Guest

    In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <> wrote:

    > Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
    > deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
    without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
    (i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
    which drives me nuts.

    beavis, Mar 2, 2006

  3. k

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, k <> wrote:

    > Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
    > deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    It depends. Do you want to pay late fees? If so, head on over to
    Hollywood Video. They'll nail you with several late fees each month. If
    you don't, then go to Blockbuster.

    Black Locust, Mar 3, 2006
  4. k

    k Guest

    Black Locust <> wrote in news:bl2112-
    :

    > In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, k <> wrote:
    >
    >> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
    >> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    > It depends. Do you want to pay late fees? If so, head on over to
    > Hollywood Video. They'll nail you with several late fees each month. If
    > you don't, then go to Blockbuster.

    I rent from them from time to time. I have never paid a late fee. They give
    you 5 days on the rental

    k, Mar 3, 2006
  5. k

    Alan Smithee Guest

    "beavis" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <> wrote:
    >
    >> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices and
    >> deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    > I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
    > without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
    > (i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
    > which drives me nuts.

    Then your Blockbuster must be a franchise store. The majority of
    Blockbusters are corporate stores, and usually DO get the unrated version of
    a movie, (The last one I saw that was available unrated that they didn't get
    was "Team America: World Police") and DO usually get the widescreen version.

    Alan Smithee

    Alan Smithee, Mar 3, 2006
  6. k

    Mark Jones Guest

    beavis wrote:
    > In article <Xns977A9063D2877k@207.217.125.201>, <> wrote:
    >
    >> Tring to decide here. Looks like Hollywood video has better prices
    >> and deals for renting ( we are old fashon and rent in store)

    > I like Hollywood much better. Blockbuster won't carry any movies
    > without MPAA ratings, and they tend to prefer "Full-screen" movies
    > (i.e., 40% of the picture chopped off the sides) versus wide-screen,
    > which drives me nuts.

    There are a very large number of unrated movies in my local Blockbuster.

    They also carry mainly wide screen movies with very few 4:3 format
    DVDs, unless they were shot that way to begin with.

    Mark Jones, Mar 4, 2006