    at their warehouse?

    I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a box
    for lower shipping charge.
    peter, Jan 6, 2007

  2. peter

    GREG NIEMI Guest

    It happened to me also, go to your account and report the problem of
    returning to store and having them not removing from list.

    GREG NIEMI, Jan 6, 2007

  3. peter wrote:
    > Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
    > returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
    > shows them as checked out.
    >
    > When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store, or
    > at their warehouse?

    3 days after they get back to the warehouse. They have to export their
    bookkeeping to Nepal sweatshops to avoid hiring Americans. This is the
    same scam Netflix used.

    Anthony Marsh, Jan 6, 2007
  4. peter

    Neck & Red Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
    > returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
    > shows them as checked out.
    >
    > When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store,
    > or at their warehouse?
    >
    > I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a
    > box for lower shipping charge.

    It's instant for me, because I report them as returned myself.
    Neck & Red, Jan 7, 2007
  5. peter

    dgates Guest

    On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:02:29 GMT, "Neck & Red" <>
    wrote:

    >"peter" <> wrote in message
    >> Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
    >> returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
    >> shows them as checked out.
    >>
    >> When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store,
    >> or at their warehouse?
    >>
    >> I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a
    >> box for lower shipping charge.

    >It's instant for me, because I report them as returned myself.

    Do you mean that any morning you drive to Blockbuster and drop last
    night's DVD through their night drop slot, you then get to a computer
    and tell their website that you just returned the DVD? And it
    believes you? And then immediately sends out your next DVD, even
    before some store employee has checked in the old DVD?
    dgates, Jan 10, 2007
  6. peter

    John Briggs Guest

    "peter" <> wrote:

    >Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
    >returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
    >shows them as checked out.
    >
    >When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store, or
    >at their warehouse?
    >
    >I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a box
    >for lower shipping charge.

    Somewhere on the BB website they say that DVDs returned to stores are
    immediately recorded as returned, triggering dispatch of another DVD, when
    they are scanned in. They also say that the DVD does not clear from your
    queue until it gets back to them so you may see more than your plan number
    of DVDs as shipped until returns actually arrive back with them. I can
    confirm that several times this has been the case for me, i.e., my queue
    shows more than three DVDs as shipped even though I am on the three
    at-a-time plan. Also, you may get an e-mail advising you that another DVD
    (or more) has shipped even though your queue page shows supposedly
    unreturned DVDs.

    Their software needs some work but I do believe they count DVDs as returned
    when they are scanned at your local BB.

    --

    John Briggs (-this.net Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
    John Briggs, Jan 10, 2007
  7. "John Briggs" <-this.net> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on the BB website they say that DVDs returned to stores are
    > immediately recorded as returned, triggering dispatch of another DVD, when
    > they are scanned in. They also say that the DVD does not clear from your
    > queue until it gets back to them so you may see more than your plan number
    > of DVDs as shipped until returns actually arrive back with them. I can
    > confirm that several times this has been the case for me, i.e., my queue
    > shows more than three DVDs as shipped even though I am on the three
    > at-a-time plan. Also, you may get an e-mail advising you that another DVD
    > (or more) has shipped even though your queue page shows supposedly
    > unreturned DVDs.
    >
    > Their software needs some work but I do believe they count DVDs as
    > returned
    > when they are scanned at your local BB.

    My experience is quite different, so far I have only had 2 movies sent to me
    before the returned ones cleared the queue. I have returned about 20 DVD's
    with mailers to my local BB store. It's possible that it's a software issue
    related to some stores and not to others, if so it sounds like you're one of
    the lucky ones.
    :)

    To be clear about where I stand with BB, even with all of the things I
    mention above, they still turn out to be a better deal for me than
    Greencine.com or netflix.com. I used to use Greencine because of their wide
    selection of independent and foreign movies, but I can only watch so many
    per week anyway.

    - Steve
    Steve Harclerode, Jan 11, 2007
  8. When the envelope is scanned at a store, all it is doing is allowing
    another title in your queue to be shipped sooner than if you out it in
    the mail. Until the DVD gets back to the distribution center, it will
    still be checked out to you; as the employee who scanned the envelope
    doesn't know what is inside.

    Guy Incognito
    Guy Incognito, Jan 11, 2007