Blockbuster online useless

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by mswlogo, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. mswlogo

    mswlogo Guest

    Is it just me, but searching for "popular" movies on BlockBuster Online
    terrible.

    I want the "latest" popular DVD's.

    They have one Top 100 list which is top movies since they started I
    think. It's useless.

    There "recently release" is broken down into 50 catagories. I don't
    want to peck through catagories.

    Why do so many of the top 100 Movies only have 3 stars?

    Their new web site is no better and very slow. Same exact content just
    a new look and feel.

    What's the top rentals in August, July, 2006 to date, or First Quarter
    etc. that's what I want.
    Are there any web sites that have this info, is NetFlix any better (it
    looked worse from what I could see as a non-subscriber).

    The service has been ok, DVD's been a little beaten up but all but one
    has played and someone lost a DVD returning it and it was a total non
    issue and they just sent me the next one.

    When I walk into a Block Buster Store I can see a Huge wall of "New
    Releases" that are maybe up to 9 mo's in one place. AND THEY CAN'T seem
    to do that electronically !!!

    I know I'm missing a bunch of movies that I can't remember and would if
    they were presented concisely.

    mswlogo, Aug 22, 2006

  2. mswlogo

    Phisherman Guest

    On 21 Aug 2006 19:57:21 -0700, "mswlogo" <> wrote:

    >Is it just me, but searching for "popular" movies on BlockBuster Online
    >terrible.
    >
    >I want the "latest" popular DVD's.
    >
    >They have one Top 100 list which is top movies since they started I
    >think. It's useless.
    >
    >There "recently release" is broken down into 50 catagories. I don't
    >want to peck through catagories.
    >
    >Why do so many of the top 100 Movies only have 3 stars?
    >
    >Their new web site is no better and very slow. Same exact content just
    >a new look and feel.
    >
    >What's the top rentals in August, July, 2006 to date, or First Quarter
    >etc. that's what I want.
    >Are there any web sites that have this info, is NetFlix any better (it
    >looked worse from what I could see as a non-subscriber).
    >
    >The service has been ok, DVD's been a little beaten up but all but one
    >has played and someone lost a DVD returning it and it was a total non
    >issue and they just sent me the next one.
    >
    >When I walk into a Block Buster Store I can see a Huge wall of "New
    >Releases" that are maybe up to 9 mo's in one place. AND THEY CAN'T seem
    >to do that electronically !!!
    >
    >I know I'm missing a bunch of movies that I can't remember and would if
    >they were presented concisely.

    I found the (mortar and concrete) Blockbuster a mess. I entered the
    store with a list of 18 movies (one movie is Robinson Crusoe 1954,
    another TV Twilight Zone), spent 20 minutes, and left empty-handed. I
    had to guess what category that Blockbuster decided to put on a DVD,
    then look in that section. If a movie is "drama," "comedy," and
    "family" where do I look? Why can't video stores just alphabetize all
    the titles? Why can't these stores provide a searchable list? I saw
    movies "on the new releases" wall that are dated 2004. <rant off> With
    Netflix, I found 15 out of the 18 movies I want in less than 5
    minutes.

    Phisherman, Aug 22, 2006

  3. mswlogo

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:45:19 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:

    >Why can't these stores provide a searchable list?

    BB is one of the worst managed store in existence. It's always been
    that way.

    --

    Rope, Tree, Journalist - some assembly required.

    Bob, Aug 23, 2006