    time and costing me gas, that still doesn't give me as many rentals as I can
    get from Netflix in the same time period.
    The extra couple bucks for Netflix is so worth it.

    Jinx Frondie, Sep 10, 2004

  2. "Jinx Frondie" <> wrote in message
    news:dnk0d.498$...

    > I live one state over, probably no more than 20-30 miles from their mail
    > center and yet it contunually take 3 days (sometimes 4!) for the DVDs to
    > reach me and to get back to them. (Mail in this area really takes one

    day.)
    > They mail DVDs out of order from the order of your Queue and even state

    this
    > in their FAQ so its not a mistake.
    > They give you 2 coupons a moht for in-store rentals but aside from taking

    my
    > time and costing me gas, that still doesn't give me as many rentals as I

    can
    > get from Netflix in the same time period.
    > The extra couple bucks for Netflix is so worth it.

    Yeah, we LOVE netflix at our house. We're on the 8 out plan and received 45
    movies during the month of august, our best month yet. 1.11 per movie ain't
    bad a'tall.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Jinx Frondie

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    > I live one state over, probably no more than 20-30 miles from their mail
    > center and yet it contunually take 3 days (sometimes 4!) for the DVDs to
    > reach me and to get back to them. (Mail in this area really takes one

    day.)
    > They mail DVDs out of order from the order of your Queue and even state

    this
    > in their FAQ so its not a mistake.
    > They give you 2 coupons a moht for in-store rentals but aside from taking

    my
    > time and costing me gas, that still doesn't give me as many rentals as I

    can
    > get from Netflix in the same time period.
    > The extra couple bucks for Netflix is so worth it.

    I've been a subscriber to Netflix for about 2 years and decided to give
    BlockBuster a try at the same time. It's hard to believe, but BB has a few
    titles not carried by Netflix Additionally, BB is a wee bit less expensive,
    and the two "in store" coupons per month is a nice lttle extra. However,
    none of that matters if the web interface is clunky, orders aren't filled
    properly, and turn around times are as solw as molasses in January. And
    those are just a few of the problems I've experienced with BB.

    I realize that BB's operation is new, but unless they get their act
    together, they're headed for the toilet. Netflix doesn't have a thing to
    worry about if BB continues to operate as they have since opening their
    online rental service.

    I've tried BB, but I won't renew beyond my current term.

    Joe Kaffe, Sep 10, 2004
  4. "Joe Kaffe" <> wrote in message
    > I've been a subscriber to Netflix for about 2 years and decided to

    give
    > BlockBuster a try at the same time. It's hard to believe, but BB has a

    few
    > titles not carried by Netflix Additionally, BB is a wee bit less

    expensive,
    > and the two "in store" coupons per month is a nice lttle extra.

    However,
    > none of that matters if the web interface is clunky, orders aren't

    filled
    > properly, and turn around times are as solw as molasses in January.

    And
    > those are just a few of the problems I've experienced with BB.
    >
    > I realize that BB's operation is new, but unless they get their act
    > together, they're headed for the toilet. Netflix doesn't have a thing

    > worry about if BB continues to operate as they have since opening

    their
    > online rental service.
    >
    > I've tried BB, but I won't renew beyond my current term.

    Whatever happened to the Wal-Mart DVD mail order rental business?

    Is it any better than Blockbuster?

    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=5430&path=0:5430

    One-Shot Scot, Sep 11, 2004
  5. Jinx Frondie

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    "One-Shot Scot" <> wrote in message

    ---snip---snip---snip---
    > Whatever happened to the Wal-Mart DVD mail order rental business?
    >
    > Is it any better than Blockbuster?

    IMO, Wal-Mart is a cut above Blockbuster, but neither is even close to the
    well greased Netflix machine. That could change. Let's remember, they all
    rent DVDs. It's the same product, no matter where you rent it. The
    difference is in the ease of the transaction, customer service, and of
    course price. When you consider turn-around-time, Netflix ends up being the
    least expensive of the three. Netflix is number 1 in my book, but they had
    better keep looking over their shoulder!

    Joe Kaffe, Sep 11, 2004
  6. "Joe Kaffe" <> wrote in message
    "One-Shot Scot" <> wrote in message

    ---snip---snip---snip---
    > Whatever happened to the Wal-Mart DVD mail order rental business?
    >
    > Is it any better than Blockbuster?

    <<IMO, Wal-Mart is a cut above Blockbuster, but neither is even close
    to the well greased Netflix machine. That could change. Let's remember,
    they all rent DVDs. It's the same product, no matter where you rent it.
    The difference is in the ease of the transaction, customer service, and
    of course price. When you consider turn-around-time, Netflix ends up
    being the least expensive of the three. Netflix is number 1 in my book,
    but they had better keep looking over their shoulder!>>

    Netflix is just great. I have been renting from them continuously for 2
    years. I have only received 2 disks that wouldn't play without skipping
    in both of my Sonys. (I bought a Panasonic DVDS-55 last Christmas and it
    plays disks that lock up my Sonys and several other brands of players.)

    The only problem I had with Netflix is that they carry some Madacy and
    Anchor Bay versions of titles instead of the Criterion and/or other
    superior versions. (_Spellbound_, _Rebecca_ and _Notorious_ are a few
    examples of this.)

    One-Shot Scot, Sep 11, 2004