    It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
    speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
    feel as thought it is set up for children.

    -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-, Feb 10, 2007

  2. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    skip Guest

    "-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
    > information.
    > Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
    > Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
    > returns.
    > The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
    > data to Blockbuster.
    > Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
    > sometimes not at all.
    >
    > It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
    > speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
    > feel as thought it is set up for children.
    >
    > What f you live in an area where you can not get netflix or blockbuster

    thru the mail? the post office can not keep their hands off of the movies

    skip, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Some questions inline (What I write is intended respectfully, but that is
    difficult to communicate in text)...

    "-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <> wrote in message
    > Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
    > information.

    I'm signed up for both BB and Netflix. I do seem to have access to my
    personal info on both sites.

    > Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.

    While this might be based on facts, the statement itself is rather vague.
    Would you mind clarifying?

    > Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
    > returns.

    I've noticed that occasionally, although lately BB has been as fast as
    Netflix.

    > The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
    > data to Blockbuster.

    For example?

    > Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
    > sometimes not at all.

    I haven't had that issue, and I have had to contact support several times.

    > It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
    > speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
    > feel as thought it is set up for children.

    Can't argue with that, Netflix clearly has more movies.

    Overall, I am the most happy with Blockbuster. If Netflix didn't throttle so
    much, I would probably like them more.

    - Steve

    Steve Harclerode, Feb 11, 2007
  4. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    def456 Guest

    > Blockbuster does not give the consumer access to there own personal
    > information.
    > Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.
    > Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
    > returns.
    > The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
    > data to Blockbuster.
    > Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
    > sometimes not at all.
    >
    > It does not seem to me that they offer the same films. In my
    > speicialty "Westerns,"Netfix offers more movies. Blockbusters has the
    > feel as thought it is set up for children.

    I've tried Intelliflix, Netflix, and Blockbuster. Intelliflix was a disaster
    so I dropped them last summer.

    I just started Netflix a couple of months ago and they're fairly good
    overall, a much better experience than Intelliflix. I'm happy with Netflix
    except I think sometimes they're slow to process incoming and outgoing
    orders, although it's hard to be sure - could be the post office's fault.
    They were very fast (overnight) during the trial period but have slowed down
    to 2-3 days. Netflix email support is a bit slow but has been fairly
    intelligent. Netflix doesn't work on weekends.

    I'm just starting with Blockbuster (a couple of days ago) so it's too soon
    to say. They just shipped me 3 movies today, so I guess they work on
    weekends. I've asked Blockbuster a couple of questions by email and their
    replies were quick, but absolutely 100% the stupidist I've ever had from
    anyone. Blockbuster's website isn't as good as Netflix, in general. For
    example my computer stays logged into Netflix fine (as it did with
    Intelliflix), but won't stay logged into Blockbuster. I save the cookie, so
    that's not the problem. That was one of my questions to their email support
    which they refused to answer.

    def456, Feb 11, 2007
  5. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    GREG NIEMI Guest

    My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all movies are
    in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have refused to
    answer. Netflix today I received 3 movies in. But I have to admit that being
    able to drop off movies for new ones is a big plus, but since BB refuses to
    offer good customer service, for now I stay with netflix.

    GREG NIEMI, Feb 11, 2007
  6. > Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.

    Steve Harclerode> While this might be based on facts, the statement
    itself is rather vague.
    Would you mind clarifying?

    Try changing the name the DVD's are sent to.

    > Blockbuster has much longer turnaround times even with in the store
    > returns.

    Steve Harclerode> I've noticed that occasionally, although lately BB
    has been as fast as
    Netflix.

    Steve here in Hawaii we have a rather unique problem. Netflix has a
    local distrubution center. BB's is in San Jose.

    > The online form does not work unless you disclose illrelevant personal
    > data to Blockbuster.

    Steve Harclerode> For example?

    Why do they absolutely require your 19th century based phone number?

    > Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
    > sometimes not at all.

    Steve Harclerode> I haven't had that issue, and I have had to contact
    support several times.

    Blockbuster has for the third time sent me what looks like the same
    correct sleeve with the same incorrect film.

    On the 17th I was told, "Right now, reshipment of the correct disc has
    been initiated, Where is it?"

    -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-, Mar 4, 2007
  7. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    Guest

    My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
    movies are
    > in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have refused to
    > answer.

    We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
    number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
    DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
    that problem with Netflix.

    , Mar 4, 2007
  8. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    GREG NIEMI Guest

    Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all available
    and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a time.

    GREG NIEMI, Mar 4, 2007
  9. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    skip Guest

    "GREG NIEMI" <> wrote in

    > Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all
    > available and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a
    > time. <> wrote in message
    >> My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
    >> movies are
    >>> in Q are available, when I have tried to e-mail them they have
    >>> refused to answer.

    >> We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
    >> number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
    >> DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
    >> that problem with Netflix.

    You guys are sure lucky you can get those services.

    skip, Mar 4, 2007
  10. skip wrote:

    > "GREG NIEMI" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all
    >>available and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a
    >>time. <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>My trouble with BB is they send out 1 movie at a time even if all
    >>>movies are

    >>>We cancelled Blockbuster because they totally ignored the priority
    >>>number of an "available" DVD in our queue. It's like they grabbed a
    >>>DVD at random from the list and shipped it to you. We have NEVER had
    >>>that problem with Netflix.

    (Actually, Netflix used to do that before the Regionalization, but they
    obviously don't do that as much anymore.)

    > You guys are sure lucky you can get those services.

    ....What, lucky you got a disk from Blockbuster at all? ;)

    Me, I had a "Very Long Wait" in my Netflix for almost a month, and then
    it showed up on my doorstep on the next shipment.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Mar 4, 2007
  11. -oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

    skip Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote in

    > skip wrote:
    >
    >> "GREG NIEMI" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Hi, I had the same problem with BB, also,I would have 10 in Q all
    >>>available and they would only ship 1 at a time, netflix I get 2-3 at a
    >>>time. <> wrote in message

    > (Actually, Netflix used to do that before the Regionalization, but they
    > obviously don't do that as much anymore.)
    >
    >> You guys are sure lucky you can get those services.

    > ...What, lucky you got a disk from Blockbuster at all? ;)

    No I can not get them thru the mail

    skip, Mar 4, 2007
  12. "-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-" <> wrote in message
    >> Blockbuster does not respect your right to privacy.

    > Would you mind clarifying?
    > Try changing the name the DVD's are sent to.

    Ah, I see.

    > Steve here in Hawaii we have a rather unique problem. Netflix has a
    > local distrubution center. BB's is in San Jose.

    Look at the positive side, you live in Hawaii.
    :)
    Just kidding, I get what you're saying.

    > Why do they absolutely require your 19th century based phone number?

    Just a guess, but they may be using it for the credit card.

    >> Blockbuster does not answer support questions in a timely manner,
    >> sometimes not at all.

    When email doesn't get stuff handled, I've had good results with the 800
    number: 866-692-2789.

    Although from what you've said, Netflix may be the better choice for you.
    Best wishes,
    Steve

    Steve Harclerode, Mar 4, 2007