    I guess this post is part review, with a little complaining thrown in.
    Caveat emptor.

    - Steve
    Steve Harclerode, Oct 30, 2006

  2. Steve Harclerode

    Alan Smithee Guest

    "Steve Harclerode" <> wrote in message
    news:Lof1h.2028$...
    > I've been using Blockbuster.com to rent 3 DVD's for over a year now. It
    > looks like they just rolled out a new web site.
    >
    > It says beta.blockbuster.com, which is a bit strange since this is now the
    > default web site. It works well enough when using IE, but I like to use
    > Firefox. Unfortunately, with Firefox it has now become unusable.
    >
    > My verdict? I would rather use the old site.

    Then use it. I was able to get the old version using Firefox by typing in
    www.blockbuster.com in the field.

    --
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Yes, I was able to get to the "old" site again at on the day that you
    posted. Unfortunately, now it seems to be unavailable again...
    - Steve

    Steve Harclerode, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Steve Harclerode

    Guest

    I'm in total agreement with you. The new website SUX big time if you
    have more than a hand-full of movies in your queue. I have tried it on
    over six computers, some having 6GB memory and dual ZEON processors.
    It is definitely a fault in the website design. I have sent them about
    a dozen complaints to which they send canned form letter replies back.
    I've complained in the stores as well. It might be tolerable if
    someone at Bolckbuster would reply with, "Yes, we are working on the
    problem. Be patient." But they reply more as if to say the problem is
    Mine.
    Do they really not have a clue? Are the software guys maybe testing
    with 5 or 6 movies in the Queue?
    Try this.. Click on your task manager. Switch to Processes & watch the
    processor time get SWALLOWED by Internet explorer while it "attempts"
    to do a resort.

    Another one of my peeves is that you can no longer put a new release on
    top of the Queue until it is already on the shelves in the store. This
    makes it another day to get your movie.

    Blockbuster really has (had) a chance to steal back some competition
    with their new Total Access program, allowing you to use the return
    envelope as a coupon. But with the website sucking as bad as it does,
    they are more apt to lose customers.

    Steve Harclerode wrote:
    > I've been using Blockbuster.com to rent 3 DVD's for over a year now. It
    > looks like they just rolled out a new web site.
    >
    > It says beta.blockbuster.com, which is a bit strange since this is now the
    > default web site. It works well enough when using IE, but I like to use
    > Firefox. Unfortunately, with Firefox it has now become unusable.
    >
    > My queue has 400+ movies in it, and when I load it in IE it takes about
    > 10-15 seconds. When I try the same with Firefox, it takes more than 10
    > minutes. I killed the process rather than continue to wait. I have tested
    > this on my home computer, and on my PC at work - which has 2 GB.
    >
    > The drag and drop feature is kind of neat, but I would never actually use
    > it...I always add movies to the end of the queue, and I don't see any way to
    > do that without clicking the Add button.
    >
    > My verdict? I would rather use the old site.
    >
    > I guess this post is part review, with a little complaining thrown in.
    > Caveat emptor.
    >
    > - Steve
    , Nov 13, 2006
  5. Steve Harclerode

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On 13 Nov 2006 09:17:55 -0800, wrote:

    >I'm in total agreement with you. The new website SUX big time if you
    >have more than a hand-full of movies in your queue. I have tried it on
    >over six computers, some having 6GB memory and dual ZEON processors.
    >It is definitely a fault in the website design.

    BB has never been able to do web design properly. From its earliest
    days it has been an abomination.

    Someone in the executive office has a nephew who builds their websites
    and he has the mentality of a warm kumquat.

    --

    If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in
    the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total
    Citizen Bob, Nov 14, 2006
  6. Steve Harclerode

    Guest

    Citizen Bob wrote:
    > On 13 Nov 2006 09:17:55 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >I'm in total agreement with you. The new website SUX big time if you
    > >have more than a hand-full of movies in your queue. I have tried it on
    > >over six computers, some having 6GB memory and dual ZEON processors.
    > >It is definitely a fault in the website design.

    > BB has never been able to do web design properly. From its earliest
    > days it has been an abomination.
    >
    > Someone in the executive office has a nephew who builds their websites
    > and he has the mentality of a warm kumquat.
    >

    > --
    >
    > If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in
    > the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total
    > of 2,112 deaths, that gives a monthly firearm death rate of 60 per
    > 100,000 soldiers. The monthly firearm death rate in Washington D.C.
    > is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means that you are
    > more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capitol, which has the
    > strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

    Here's a good one! BlockBuster suggests NOT using Firefox Browser.
    But try doing a Print Preview of your Queue with either MS Internet
    Explorer version 6 (winXP) or even the new version 7 (Vista). You get
    so many Script errors that you have to "End the application" to get
    out. On my system, it at least will preview using Firefox.
    Boy, if THAT doesn't tell them that they have a problem.....

    BTW C.B. Like the signature quote. Gotta love statistics!
    , Nov 14, 2006
  7. Well, I'm going to stick with Blockbuster for now, because even though the
    new website isn't my favorite, my overall results with them are better than
    the "other guys".

    I discovered a new thing to complain about when I went to delete several
    items from my queue. You click the trash button, wait for the entire queue
    to reload slowly, click another trash button, and repeat until they're all
    done. On the old web site, you could delete any number of items by clicking
    the box next to them, and then hitting Update once to reload.

    It's amazing to think that no one from Blockbuster will pay attention to
    these posts, but oh well.

    To end on something positive: I have an extraordinarily short turnaround
    time, and have gotten as many as 18 DVD's in a month (I live in the same
    town as the shipping center). And I find it easier to get new movies than I
    did with Netflix.

    - Steve

    Steve Harclerode, Nov 15, 2006
  8. Steve Harclerode

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:41:47 -0800, "Steve Harclerode"
    <> wrote:

    >It's amazing to think that no one from Blockbuster will pay attention to
    >these posts, but oh well.

    That's because the entire company is filled with total idiots. It's
    always been that way, from the very beginning.

    Now you know why incest and beastiality are prohibited.

    Citizen Bob, Nov 15, 2006
  9. Steve Harclerode

    Guest

    Steve Harclerode wrote:
    > Well, I'm going to stick with Blockbuster for now, because even though the
    > new website isn't my favorite, my overall results with them are better than
    > the "other guys".
    >
    > - Steve

    Yes, I'm sure I'm sticking with them as well. Like a parent at a
    competition, (or in BB's case, the special olympics) I'm hopeful.

    What I find odd (typical) is they say they only test it with MS
    Internet Explorer.
    If my car maker told me I should only drive on the interstates, I'd
    sell it!
    , Nov 16, 2006